1216 users online (241 members and 975 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

NY - Children told story about a girl being abducted from Newburgh

this thread has been moved here because this turned out to be a hoax.... there was never an abduction. Read on to follow the developments.

There has been no missing person report filed so there is no name yet for this little girl

Amber alert:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...t/AmberServlet

Police in the Hudson Valley say no one has filed a missing person report for a 5-year-old girl who was allegedly snatched off a street near a school Wednesday afternoon and forced into a pickup truck.

An amber alert remains in effect for the child. Police describe the child as about 5 years old with long, black hair. She is about 3 feet tall and was wearing a bright pink shirt with short sleeves.

Two men allegedly grabbed the child outside of South Junior High School on 33 Monument Street in Newburgh at about 3:50 p.m.

Police continued their search late into Thursday morning.

Newburgh police said they are going off witness reports that two men snatched the girl, covered her mouth to stop her screaming and pulled her into a dark-colored pickup truck that may have had green writing on it.
    http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...168686966.html

From AA poster:

Newburgh, NY
    Missing Date: Eastern
    Issued for: New York: Bronx, Columbia, Dutchess, Greene, Kings, New York, Orange, Putnam, Queens, Richmond, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster, Westchester
    Contact: If you have information, please contact City of Newburgh Police Department, (866) NYS-AMBER
    Circumstances: The City of Newburgh Police has activated the New York State AMBER Alert and is investigating a confirmed child abduction that occurred at South Jr High School 33 Monument Street, in Newburgh, NY at about 3:50 PM on 9/5/2012. Two hispanic males, one with long black hair, grabbed and forced child into truck. Suspect held hand over child's mouth to stop screaming. Anyone with any information on this abduction is asked to call the City of Newburgh Police at (866)N Y S-AMBER or dial 911 to provide information on a report or sighting.

Missing Child
    Name: Unknown Unknown
    Alias:
    Hair Color: Long black Eye Color:
    Skin Color: Black Age: 5 years-old
    Height: 3 feet Weight:
    Description: The child was last seen wearing a short sleeve bright pink shirt.

Suspect
    Name: Unknown Unknown
    Alias:
    Hair Color: Long black Eye Color:
    Skin Color: Hispanic Age:
    Height: Weight:
    Description: The suspect was last seen wearing a black shirt and black fitted baseball cap. He is light skinned.
    The alert was issued based on reports from several witnesses — children ages 5 to 11 – who said they saw the 5-year-old girl being abducted near South Junior High School around 4 p.m. Wednesday.

The kids watched as two men in a black pickup truck pulled up to the school, grabbed the girl and forced her into the truck, police said. One suspect was holding his hand over her mouth to stop her from screaming, according to police.
    another snip:

But as of Thursday morning, no one has come forward to report their child missing, police said.

Still, authorities are taking the situation seriously and are launching an investigation and a search for the young girl and the suspects.
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/09/...d-in-newburgh/

and this!!

"A guy came out of the pickup truck and grabbed her mouth and her neck, and she was trying to scream and couldn't," one of the children told Eyewitness News. "They put her in a garbage bag. All you could see is her head, and they put her in the car and drove off."

"I saw the pickup truck, it had blue license plates," another child said. "And when the man got out of the car with two bags, we started running."

Newburgh police say they have no reason to doubt what the witnesses say they saw, and investigators are checking the school's surveillance videos.
    http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...cal&id=8799378
    Last edited by nursebeeme; 09-06-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Omg!!!!!!
    If I really thought I could...
    Id give up your ghost for good.
    But Im not so sure it isnt you..
    That keeps my ghost from leaving too.
    Joe Henry

. . . . for Sky.

Google Maps

south junior high
    Last edited by KateB; 06-02-2015 at 11:34 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

video at this link has interviews with the witnesses

This is horrific. It is either a stranger abduction or family and both look awful for this little girl.

Surely they would have a name from the school though?

I cant hardly believe this....
    Thanks for the thread Nurse.
    Joe Henry

. . . . for Sky.

Detective Lt. Dan Cameron said witnesses told police about 3:50 p.m. a black pickup with green writing on the side pulled up near 33 Monument St., close to South Junior High School, and two males got out.
    http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbc...NEWS/209060315

33 Monument St, Newburgh, NY 12550 to South Middle School, Newburgh, NY - Google Maps

33 monument street
    Last edited by KateB; 06-02-2015 at 11:34 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Newburgh police say they have no reason to doubt what the witnesses say they saw, and investigators are checking the school's surveillance videos.
    These poor kids,they must be so freaked out...seeing their friend snatched up like that.
    Joe Henry

. . . . for Sky.

I hope this is just a bunch of kids with wild imaginations

Wow and to put her in a garbage bag, real professionals not wanting DNA to get anywhere in their Truck!!!

“These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."

School was not in session Wednesday at South Middle School. But an alleged incident here has many residents in this city on high alert.

"I'm concerned. I'm definitely concerned. They need to get this creep," one person said.

It's a parent’s worst fear: A missing child.

City of Newburgh police activate the state's AMBER Alert system upon receiving information on a child abduction occurring at South Middle School on Monument Street.

"Now I have to worry about my boys," said one resident.
    http://hudsonvalley.ynn.com/content/...e-amber-alert/

The blue plate, if it was New York, it might have been a commercial plate.
    “These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."

Police issued an Amber Alert for the missing child and are working with the FBI. As of midnight, no one had come forward to report a missing child in the area, which is in Orange County about 60 miles north of New York City.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/child-abduc...9#.UEiia459GIY

Maybe a child picked up by a parent had a hissy fit because she didn't want to go home just yet?

Super odd that she hasn't been reported missing.

So none of the kids knew her? Or they can't release a name until a parent or guardian officially reports the abduction? If nobody has any idea who she is, how do they know she is 5? I hope we learn more soon.
    WE DID IT! Convicted pedophile Donald Scott Brunstetter (details in the CAPER - Citizens Against Pedophile's Early Release Forum http://www.websleuths.com/forums/for...ht-on-Children) will remain behind bars for the duration of his sentence. Thanks to WS members, and Tricia's True Crime Radio listeners, at least 100 letters were received by the Parole Board prior to his July 30th, 2015 Parole Hearing, opposing his release, and they listened.
    Visit http://noparole4pedophile.weebly.com/ for background on the case.

My posts are strictly MY opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error, or who may be offended because I do not see eye to eye with them on all matters related to this case. I hope our differences can be set aside as we unite in the search for this victim or the perpetrator of this crime. Your opinions and insights are just as valuable as mine.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast