NY - Children told story about a girl being abducted from Newburgh

nursebeeme

Reaction score
this thread has been moved here because this turned out to be a hoax.... there was never an abduction. Read on to follow the developments.

There has been no missing person report filed so there is no name yet for this little girl

Amber alert:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/AmberServlet

Police in the Hudson Valley say no one has filed a missing person report for a 5-year-old girl who was allegedly snatched off a street near a school Wednesday afternoon and forced into a pickup truck.

An amber alert remains in effect for the child. Police describe the child as about 5 years old with long, black hair. She is about 3 feet tall and was wearing a bright pink shirt with short sleeves.

Two men allegedly grabbed the child outside of South Junior High School on 33 Monument Street in Newburgh at about 3:50 p.m.

Police continued their search late into Thursday morning.

Newburgh police said they are going off witness reports that two men snatched the girl, covered her mouth to stop her screaming and pulled her into a dark-colored pickup truck that may have had green writing on it.
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Ambert-Alert-Issued-for-5-Year-Girl-in-Newburgh-168686966.html

From AA poster:

Newburgh, NY
Missing Date: Eastern
Issued for: New York: Bronx, Columbia, Dutchess, Greene, Kings, New York, Orange, Putnam, Queens, Richmond, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster, Westchester
Contact: If you have information, please contact City of Newburgh Police Department, (866) NYS-AMBER
Circumstances: The City of Newburgh Police has activated the New York State AMBER Alert and is investigating a confirmed child abduction that occurred at South Jr High School 33 Monument Street, in Newburgh, NY at about 3:50 PM on 9/5/2012. Two hispanic males, one with long black hair, grabbed and forced child into truck. Suspect held hand over child's mouth to stop screaming. Anyone with any information on this abduction is asked to call the City of Newburgh Police at (866)N Y S-AMBER or dial 911 to provide information on a report or sighting.

Missing Child
Name: Unknown Unknown
Alias:
Hair Color: Long black Eye Color:
Skin Color: Black Age: 5 years-old
Height: 3 feet Weight:
Description: The child was last seen wearing a short sleeve bright pink shirt.

Suspect
Name: Unknown Unknown
Alias:
Hair Color: Long black Eye Color:
Skin Color: Hispanic Age:
Height: Weight:
Description: The suspect was last seen wearing a black shirt and black fitted baseball cap. He is light skinned.

The alert was issued based on reports from several witnesses — children ages 5 to 11 – who said they saw the 5-year-old girl being abducted near South Junior High School around 4 p.m. Wednesday.

The kids watched as two men in a black pickup truck pulled up to the school, grabbed the girl and forced her into the truck, police said. One suspect was holding his hand over her mouth to stop her from screaming, according to police.

another snip:

But as of Thursday morning, no one has come forward to report their child missing, police said.

Still, authorities are taking the situation seriously and are launching an investigation and a search for the young girl and the suspects.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/09...mber-alert-issued-for-5-year-old-in-newburgh/

and this!! :eek:

"A guy came out of the pickup truck and grabbed her mouth and her neck, and she was trying to scream and couldn't," one of the children told Eyewitness News. "They put her in a garbage bag. All you could see is her head, and they put her in the car and drove off."

"I saw the pickup truck, it had blue license plates," another child said. "And when the man got out of the car with two bags, we started running."

Newburgh police say they have no reason to doubt what the witnesses say they saw, and investigators are checking the school's surveillance videos.
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=8799378

This is horrific. It is either a stranger abduction or family and both look awful for this little girl.

Surely they would have a name from the school though?

I cant hardly believe this....
Thanks for the thread Nurse.

I hope this is just a bunch of kids with wild imaginations :(

Wow and to put her in a garbage bag, real professionals not wanting DNA to get anywhere in their Truck!!!

:eek:

School was not in session Wednesday at South Middle School. But an alleged incident here has many residents in this city on high alert.

"I'm concerned. I'm definitely concerned. They need to get this creep," one person said.

It's a parent’s worst fear: A missing child.

City of Newburgh police activate the state's AMBER Alert system upon receiving information on a child abduction occurring at South Middle School on Monument Street.

"Now I have to worry about my boys," said one resident.
http://hudsonvalley.ynn.com/content/top_stories/598653/newburgh-police-issue-amber-alert/

The blue plate, if it was New York, it might have been a commercial plate.

So none of the kids knew her? Or they can't release a name until a parent or guardian officially reports the abduction? If nobody has any idea who she is, how do they know she is 5? I hope we learn more soon.

Wonder what she was doing at the Jr High?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back