1142 users online (218 members and 924 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

CA - Linnea Lomax, 19, Sacramento, 26 June 2012 - #4

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

LINNEA LOMAX
    Case Type: Missing
    DOB: Jun 8, 1993 Sex: Female
    Missing Date: Jun 26, 2012 Race: White
    Age Now: 19 Height: 5'2" (157 cm)
    Missing City: SACRAMENTO Weight: 100 lbs (45 kg)
    Missing State : CA Hair Color: Blonde
    Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Blue
    Case Number: NCMA1198036
    Circumstances: Linnea may still be in the local area. She may dye her hair. Linnea may be in need of medical attention.

http://www.co.el-dorado.ca.us/Sherif...nea_Lomax.aspx
    El Dorado County Sheriff's Office
    Press Release
    The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office has transferred the Linnea Lomax missing person case to the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office. El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office Detectives have been assigned to the case and are in contact with the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office, the family of Miss Lomax and the searching organization the family has established.
    Miss Lomax was last seen on June 26th in the 800 block of Howe Avenue, Sacramento. At that time Miss Lomax had been at a scheduled appointment in the area. Information indicates that she left the building where her appointment was scheduled, to go to lunch. She never returned to finish her appointment.

Linnea Lomax is a student at the University of California in Davis and is a resident of El Dorado County. Linnea is 19 years old, 5'2" 100 pounds and has blond hair.

She was last seen wearing faded green pants, a dark blue Hoody sweatshirt with the word "Sweden" written on the front. She was also wearing black flip flops. Linnea is considered at-risk and needs her regular medications.

If you have any information as to Linnea's location, please contact the El Dorado County Sheriff's Office at (530) 621-6600.

Verified Posters:
    Linnea Lomax case
    DomCobb is a verified local/searcher/insider
    Ender is a verified insider/local
    trackinghounds is a verified insider
    AQuietHeart is verified as an insider
    Silentone is a verified insider
    Runlove is a verified insider
    jeremymeehan is a verified insider
    Manda is a verified insider

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3

Media Links

Linnea Lomax Information and Support thread

No Rumors Allowed! We are a victim friendly site, Linnea and her parents are victims in this case. No speculation about Linnea or her parents, their religion or home life. This thread is about trying to find Linnea!

Please continue here...
    Last edited by Salem; 09-06-2012 at 02:18 PM.

CA - Linnea Lomax, 19, Sacramento, 26 June 2012 - #4

Please continue here.

Thanks,

Salem

KlaasKids will be conducting an ACTIVE SEARCH for Linnea this weekend, Sept. 7, 8, and 9. Volunteers are welcome. If you would like to volunteer, or would like to help in some other way, please see the thread here: ACTIVE SEARCH Help Needed In Linnea Lomax Search This Friday, Saturday, Sunday - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

This will let you know what everyone is doing and how you might be able to help.

Thanks Everybody and may Linnea come home soon!

Salem
    Last edited by KateB; 04-26-2015 at 04:39 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Black flip flops are not the kind of shoes that someone would wear if they were planning on hiking or doing a lot of walking. Just sayin'.......

I have to wonder...
    is it possible someone associated with the clinic in some way (employee, patient, regular delivery person, etc) absconded with Linnea or convinced her to go with him & then held her against her will? (please note I am not blaming the clinic for whatever happened to Linnea)

Are any patients unaccounted for at any time that day? Did anyone not show up to therapy that day (but could have met Linnea outside for lunch)? Were there any recently released patients who were not in out-patient therapy who had met her while she was in in-patient therarpy? Any doctors, nurses, orderlies, custodians, administrative personnel that took the second half of that day off?
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

Being that this is a new thread it seems like a good time to help further explain WS verified posters. There are two groups of verified posters on this site. There are the verified insiders (like Manda and the list above) who are either close to the family, or live in the town, or things like that. There are also verified professional posters, which are experts in specific fields (like Pensfan (psych nurse)). There is actually a sticky thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=158887

Sometimes it can get a little confusing, so thought this might help.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-26-2015 at 04:39 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Can any of the locals give me a feel for what the opposite side of the river is like? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by sarx View Post
    Can any of the locals give me a feel for what the opposite side of the river is like? TIA
    I hope others will chime in as well because my perspective is mostly from the water as opposed to from the banks. I think walking it could be quite different than seeing the area from a boat.

IMO from the water it's mostly not that different on either side. The Northrop side where Linnea would've been has more houses right along the river (as in, visible from the river and you can see decks, etc. from the water), mostly pretty far upstream.

The opposite side has fewer houses directly on the water, and it seems like the levees/banks are lower and in most spots a bit less steep. The steepness and distance from the water to the park/road/etc. still varies a lot on both sides, though. The opposite side is also more "industrial" I guess you could call it.

Right across from Northrop is "Paradise Beach" which is one of the nicer sandy beaches to go to. A lot of the other stopping points, on either side, are pretty muddy, or a small bit of sand with mud as soon as you step in the water. A bit upstream is the college (CSUS - California State University Sacramento). A bit downstream is a spot most people I know still refer to as "the dump" but it's no longer a landfill. I'm not sure if this is completed yet but the plan was/is to turn it into a park. (Sutter's Landing Park if you're looking at the map I'll post below)

I know I posted this before but in case it's helpful, this map has been helping me even as a local pinpoint where things are that I know I've seen but wasn't exactly sure where they are in relation to Northrop:

http://www.arparkway.org/pdf_files/ARPmap.pdf (you might need to scroll to the second page)
    Last edited by nikb; 09-07-2012 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Clarifying

Pensfan, I see you, lol! If you've got any thoughts that connect her mental state to what she might head to/from, please let us know!

Pensfan, I see you, lol! If you've got any thoughts that connect her mental state to what she might head to/from, please let us know!
    Sorry, I've got nothing. I hope the dogs can track her scent and everyone stays safe during the search this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary-Margaret View Post
    Black flip flops are not the kind of shoes that someone would wear if they were planning on hiking or doing a lot of walking. Just sayin'.......
    Very true. Someone rational thinking about a long walk to basically anywhere, especially if they planned ahead, would not be wearing flip flops IMO. They'd probably also have at least a little cash on them, which could be used without creating a "virtual" paper trail. Someone possibly irrational, I don't know, but I think a few of the possibilities we've thought of would just not have worked out. Walking in any of the muddy water on the river near the clinic? Flip flops would be gone pretty quickly I think. Walking across the Yolo bypass? Again the sandals would be gone quickly. The mud would just suck them off of your feet. I also question whether someone in what seems to be "frail" condition could walk very far in that type of environment.

I suppose walking fairly far on surface streets might be possible in flip flops - probably not comfortable but at least possible before the shoes broke or wore out or she found other shoes.

She seems to be a very smart and rational young woman. I think if she planned to run away especially on foot, it would be more thought out and planned - even if she was in a difficult or irrational state of mind. I also haven't read anything that gives me the impression she knows the area very well, as in better than even most locals unless she met up with the wrong person. She knows her way around rivers, camping, etc. but did she even know that the river was there or so close to the clinic? Did someone tell her, or show her, or walk with her down there and then back to the clinic so they could get some fresh air before the afternoon sessions (that they didn't get to)?

Crossing my fingers for some good news from this next search.
    Last edited by nikb; 09-07-2012 at 03:56 AM.

Re “black flip flops” and FWIW: Early on, there was talk that the “flip flops” were more specifically defined as black Tevas with a heel strap, IIRC. [Looked for link but couldn't find it.]

We’ll need Manda, AQH or others to confirm this detail. TIA

I agree with those who have expressed doubt that someone planning on hiking and doing a lot of walking would choose these type of shoes. But, if LL lived in them maybe she would??? JMO
    MOO

@Pensfan

FYI: I found the link to the Sutter out-patient page which describes more about the out-patient program. Note: it's a pdf.

http://www.suttermedicalcenter.org/p...y/php-faqs.pdf
    MOO

Yeah, I gotta say I know mulitple "kids" who live in flip flops and take hikes in them. Maybe it's a California thing, lol.
    And if they were Tevas, then that's even more different!
    I don't think on this coast and in this day and age we can base much off the shoes in this one. MOO.

Not that it would mean anything, but does anyone know from what direction did Linnea travel to the Clinic there on Howe? Assuming she arrived by car, what route was utilized to come to the facility that day.
    Depending on her state of mind, what if she decided to head back in the direction from which she had come?
    I am not aware of where she stayed the night before, but wonder if that route perhaps stayed in her mind.

Or on the other hand, could she have made a decision to move in the opposite direction.
    Last edited by sreshowtime; 09-07-2012 at 10:53 AM. Reason: add thought

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Yeah, I gotta say I know mulitple "kids" who live in flip flops and take hikes in them. Maybe it's a California thing, lol.
    And if they were Tevas, then that's even more different!
    I don't think on this coast and in this day and age we can base much off the shoes in this one. MOO.
    My son climbed burg kelstein (eagle's nest) in Germany in black, army issue, plastic shower flip flops. Up the mountain and back down again (6 plus hours).

yes, they do things like this... I put nothing into the flip flops imhoo.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast