951 users online (166 members and 785 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LA - St Martin Parish, WhtFem 44UFLA, 25-35, hit by truck on I-10, Dec'81

I would like some opinions on this possible match please. The height is off, but how accurate are the heights of MP's. My driver's license says I'm 3 inches shorter and 40 pounds lighter. I grew since I first got my license and never changed those things.

The UID had been trying to hitch a ride at a truck stop and was later killed while crossing I-10. I-10 intersects with I-49 not far from where she was found. I-49 will take you directly to Shreveport(where MP went missing). I think she was trying to get back home and was killed in the process. MP was last seen wearing a plaid shirt, UID was found with a plaid shirt in her possession. Age, weight, eye and hair color all match. The timing is reasonable and could be explained via the circumstances of MP's disappearance. MP left while being treated for exhaustion and stress. Maybe she just wanted to take a break from her life. 6 months later, she decided she was ready to return home and was killed in the process. MP has not been ruled out on NAMUS.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/44ufla.html
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/o/ocon_alma.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 09-11-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Check out this case and you'll learn that the information is only as good as the person inputting it into the system!

Identified! CA- Montclair - WhtFem - about 17 - Hit by car on Freeway - Sep'05 - Samantha Bonnell - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-26-2015 at 04:41 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Wow. I just read the link you posted. It makes me so mad and I am oh so aware of how often this happens.

Looks close enough to me to submit! Especially with the plaid shirt. Also, maybe the "French" accent was part of her mental illness? I remember Britney Spears used to launch into a strange accent when she had "episodes".

Would anyone else like to submit this? I don't feel qualified to do that. I'm too shy to call up LE and submit. If anyone else believes this is worth looking at, please call it in.

Spurser, you can email!

gaman@lsu.edu

LSU FACES Lab
    Mary Manhein
    225-578-6084
    Email
    You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

LSU FACES Case Number:
    06-41

Source Information:
    LSU FACES Lab
    ID-Wanted.Org

I think there may be a typo in the town's name. Possibly is St. Martinville, in St. Martin Parish. If she's from this region, she could possibly have a Cajun accent. Many of our older residents speak French and English. This is Acadiana, my home. It is also the home of Mickey S. If this lady was killed/last seen at the intersection of I-10 and I-49, this is located in north Lafayette. St. Martinville is approximately 30 minutes away.

I emailed them. I'll post here if I hear anything back....

I received a response from Mary M. at the LSU Faces Lab. She forwarded the information to one of her research associates to check out "immediately".

I will let you all know if I hear anything further.

I thought the info on the UID was that she was possibly French but NOT Cajun.

I always thought she looked a bit like Agnes Le Roux from France, but don't see how or why she would have ended up in the U.S.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1711dffra.html

Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
    I thought the info on the UID was that she was possibly French but NOT Cajun.
    Yes, you are correct.

MadeaBecBec is offline "The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it."
    Could it be that Jane's accent wasn't "French" but "Iranian" ? This missing lady; http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/..._behdokht.html looks very much like this Jane. According to Ancestry.com, she had filed for her Naturalized Citizenship in January 1981 then just disappears in August 1981?? Very few details about Ms. Pyke!
    Last edited by MadeaBecBec; 07-20-2013 at 11:28 AM. Reason: spelling
    Never forget the three powerful resources you always have available to you: love, prayer, and forgiveness. H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MadeaBecBec View Post
    Could it be that Jane's accent wasn't "French" but "Iranian" ? This missing lady; http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/..._behdokht.html looks very much like this Jane. According to Ancestry.com, she had filed for her Naturalized Citizenship in January 1981 then just disappears in August 1981?? Very few details about Ms. Pyke!
    She looks pretty close to me, and the dates are pretty close. I don't put much on the difference in heights. It doesn't look like they knew exactly how tall she was, since they indicated a range.

I say submit.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    She looks pretty close to me, and the dates are pretty close. I don't put much on the difference in heights. It doesn't look like they knew exactly how tall she was, since they indicated a range.

I say submit.
    It says the UID had a healed fractured left cheek bone.

Look at Behdokht Pyke's left cheek on some of her pictures. It looks a little bit discolored, like it had been broken IMO. (Like when Sonny Corleone was punched by Officer McCloskey in the Godfather. He had the bruise on his cheek for months.) What does everyone else think?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14658/1/

The DNA for Behdokht Pyke says 'Samples submitted - Tests not complete.' CODIS might pick up on the match when the tests are complete

The match should be submitted anyhow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast