812 users online (112 members and 700 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    http://fox10tv.com/2014/05/30/brittn...-case-talking/

Lead investigators working on missing mother Brittney Wood’s case say they are waiting for forensics results on possible evidence found in a vehicle.

Detectives are not revealing who the vehicle belonged to. Only saying they found the vehicle a few months ago, took samples and sent possible evidence to a forensics lab...

Corely said people “very close to the case” are cooperating with the Mobile County Sheriff’s Office. He won’t reveal who, but says the interviews are producing leads they are following up on.

Mobile detectives honored for work on Brittney Wood family, Alicia Gray and other child abuse cases
    By Theresa Seiger | tseiger@al.com
    on May 30, 2014 at 2:39 PM, updated May 30, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Detective Jeff Corley was named the Mobile Police Department's 2013 Officer of the Year. He's been with MPD for eight years, the last four of which he spent working out of the Child Advocacy Center.

[...]

"There's no more rewarding job in law enforcement, I think, then putting away a bad guy that’s abused his children," Corley said. "That is the only good part in this, is I feel like we're actually doing something to protect our children from future abuse."

His notable investigations in 2013 included work on the case against the family of missing Mobile mother Brittney Wood.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Vigil held on 2-year anniversary of Brittney Wood’s disappearance
    Published: May 30, 2014, 9:10 pm Updated: May 30, 2014, 9:27 pm
    Brittney’s father, Wallace Hanke, told FOX10 his daughter has been missing for much too long, and he wants answers in his daughters case.

“It’s just been way too long, it’s been too long,” he said, “Two years is way too long to not know where your daughter is, where her body is, what happened to her, what exactly happened to her.”
    same video on Fox10's Youtube account:
    http://youtu.be/rna85HOGmaQ

Wendy Holland facing four new sex abuse charges
    By Hal Scheurich Published: September 22, 2014, 12:26 pm - Updated: September 22, 2014, 6:36 pm

BAY MINETTE, Ala. (WALA) -Wendy Wood Holland, aunt to missing single mother, Brittney Wood was back in a Baldwin County courtroom Monday. This time she was arraigned on four new sex abuse charges against a minor. Holland and nearly a dozen other relatives of Brittney Wood are suspects in a child sex ring in Mobile and Baldwin Counties.

Holland has spent the better part of the last two years behind bars. She faces multiple sex abuse charges in both Mobile and Baldwin counties, all against minors. Even as her trial date nears, she found herself in court again facing additional charges in Baldwin County. The new charges stem from the ongoing investigation into all of Brittney Wood’s relatives who are charged with sex crimes against minors.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

William Brownlee in Court
    Updated: Wednesday, October 15 2014, 01:27 PM EDT

BAY MINETTE, Ala. (WPMI) We are now learning more about an alleged family sex ring as a 16-year-old victim testified in the case against William "Billy" Brownlee. Brownlee, who is from Eight Mile, is accuse of having sex with an underage girl at her home in Baldwin County. We now know the young woman was forced to have sex with others by her relatives when she was 13-years-old.
    Brownlee trial opens with graphic testimony
    By Hal Scheurich Published: October 15, 2014, 11:34 am Updated: October 15, 2014, 12:58 pm

[...]

He faced his accuser in court Wednesday morning. The alleged victim, now 16, is related to Brittney Wood.

She described in graphic detail numerous occasions where Brownlee allegedly performed sexual acts on her against her will. According to the alleged victim, those acts happened in both Mobile and Baldwin counties over an extended period of time.
    Live updates: Day 2 of William "Billy" Brownlee sex abuse trial
    byThyrie Bland
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Jury returns guilty verdicts on child sex abuse charges connected to Brittney Wood family investigations
    By Thyrie Bland | tbland@al.com
    on October 16, 2014 at 8:51 AM, updated October 16, 2014 at 11:33 AM

BAY MINETTE, Alabama -- A jury has returned guilty verdicts on two counts today in the case against William "Billy" Brownlee, 50, of Eight Mile. Brownlee, who was indicted in 2012, had been charged with second-degree sodomy and second-degree sexual abuse in connection with investigations linked to the family of missing woman Brittney Wood. He was convicted of sexually abusing a girl when she was 12 or 13 years old. The trial began today with the defense and prosecution giving their closing arguments to the jury.

Continued with live updates at the link
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Teen's disappearance helps reveal Ala sex ring
    Jay Reeves Associated Press
    Posted: 11/01/2014 07:46:05 AM PDT0 Comments - Updated: about 3 hours ago

[...]

Eight of Woods' adult relatives and three family friends have been charged with dozens of felonies in two counties as the alleged members of an incestuous ring that authorities say shared children for group sex. [Donald] Holland was the leader, prosecutors say, of what has been described as the largest sex ring ever uncovered in Alabama. Wood was a victim and likely key witness.

"Brittney could have been huge," said prosecutor Teresa Heinz. "She could have corroborated so many things."

Wood is presumed dead, but authorities haven't found a trace of her and no one is charged in her disappearance.
    <BBM>
    Last edited by bessie; 11-01-2014 at 04:44 PM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st_read_module

In 2004, 11-year-old Brittney alerted authorities to sexual abuse being perpetrated upon her by her step grandfather, Ronald Robinson. After an investigation, he was sentenced to 25 years, however she did not reveal the ongoing incestuous/pedophile family activities, although she had been a victim since age 3 or 4.
    WE DID IT! Convicted pedophile Donald Scott Brunstetter (details in the CAPER - Citizens Against Pedophile's Early Release Forum http://www.websleuths.com/forums/for...ht-on-Children) will remain behind bars for the duration of his sentence. Thanks to WS members, and Tricia's True Crime Radio listeners, at least 100 letters were received by the Parole Board prior to his July 30th, 2015 Parole Hearing, opposing his release, and they listened.
    Visit http://noparole4pedophile.weebly.com/ for background on the case.

My posts are strictly MY opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error, or who may be offended because I do not see eye to eye with them on all matters related to this case. I hope our differences can be set aside as we unite in the search for this victim or the perpetrator of this crime. Your opinions and insights are just as valuable as mine.

One girl accused an uncle of sexually abusing her as early as 2008, prosecutor Teresa Heinz said, but welfare workers found the complaint unsubstantiated.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/brittney...hild-sex-ring/
    WE DID IT! Convicted pedophile Donald Scott Brunstetter (details in the CAPER - Citizens Against Pedophile's Early Release Forum http://www.websleuths.com/forums/for...ht-on-Children) will remain behind bars for the duration of his sentence. Thanks to WS members, and Tricia's True Crime Radio listeners, at least 100 letters were received by the Parole Board prior to his July 30th, 2015 Parole Hearing, opposing his release, and they listened.
    Visit http://noparole4pedophile.weebly.com/ for background on the case.

My posts are strictly MY opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error, or who may be offended because I do not see eye to eye with them on all matters related to this case. I hope our differences can be set aside as we unite in the search for this victim or the perpetrator of this crime. Your opinions and insights are just as valuable as mine.

Convictions or not, (Baldwin County Assistant District Attorney) Heinz believes solving the mystery of Brittney’s disappearance is the ultimate goal.

http://fox10tv.com/2014/12/04/wendy-...begins-monday/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3