1132 users online (197 members and 935 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Marilyn Monroe, 36, Los Angeles, 5 Aug 1962

What is the general concensus on how Marilyn Monroe died? If she was murdered, then by whom?

Kathy C
    Attached Images Attached Images

It is such an interesting mystery surrounding the death of Marilyn Monroe. So many theories have come down over the years. In my opinion her affairs with the Kennedys were what led to her death. I feel she either overdosed on sleeping pills accidently, or on purpose. I don't think she was murdered, even though i've heard several theories that she planned to spill the beans on the affairs at a press conference and tell that the government had been working with the mafia to kill Castro. I think she was threatened and harassed to the point that she was scared to death, and reports are that she couldn't sleep. Her cause of death was officially that she overdosed on sleeping pills, however, there was no glass of water anywhere in the room, curious. No needle marks could be located on her but there was a strange purplish discoloration of Monroes colon which proved to be most puzzling. THis led some people to believe that the drugs were introduced in to her large intestine rather than being swallowed, possible a toxic enema. If this was the case then that would certainly raise a question of murder by unknown assailants. She was nude and clinching her telephone when discovered. It's also interesting to note that only 80 pages of the FBI's file on Monroe has been released under Freedom of Information Act, and those are heavily censored. THis is what i've learned, maybe someone knows more, hope someday this mystery could be put to rest.

Very interesting thread.

Monroe

I once had the chance to see the actual crime scene (I believe she was murdered). She was lying horizontally in bed. It was a huge bed with pillows all in a row against the headboard. The blankets were pulled back. She was on her left side, leaning into the pillows. As the first cop to arrive said, it was a murder and the scene was staged. He describes her as being in the "soldier's position." And she was. Her arms were rigidly at her sides. One arm was actually under her body. There was no telephone to be seen. This police photo was taken from the end of her bed; no close-up. No one dies like that. I've heard from a trusted source, that the autopsy the public is familiar with is a watered down version. She had multiple bruises. Her purple congested intestine was supposedly never tested. She had alcohol in her system, Cholryl Hydrate, pentobarbital, as well as Nembutal.

Bobby Kennedy gave a long statement to the police or District Attorney. That statement was watered down to 75 pages. I don't think anyone has seen it. As far as Dr. Ralph Greenson was concerned, he cracked up and couldn't work anymore and died on the anniversary of her death -- around 1979.

I still recall a 3-month pregnant Ethel Kennedy praying in the church till 4 am. when Bobby was shot. Fanatically Catholic, apparently she was praying for the soul of Bobby Kennedy. What did she know?

Kathy C
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Marilyn

I have long been fascinated by the life and death of Marilyn Monroe.

I am acquainted with James Haspiel, who has written several books on Marilyn, as he was a very close friend of hers in the last few years preceding her death.
    I asked him what he thought really happened, and he said that he prefers not to talk about the details, however, he has no doubt in his mind that she was murdered. I value his opinion, as he was a close companion of Marilyn's in those difficult years, and no doubt knew a lot.

I didn't realize that it was possible to censor documents that are part of the Freedom of Information Act. That is troubling.

James Haspiel wrote a book about Marilyn M. in the early '90's. In the book he speculates that Robert Kennedy held a pillow over her face till she suffocated. Supposedly, he never left a ranch of a friend's for the weekend in Northern California, yet he was spotted in L.A. The announcement that she was dead was probably made around 5 - 6 am. I believe I saw a picture of Bobby Kennedy going to church that morning. If anyone has it, could they post it? Haspiel was an acquaintance of hers and used to follow her around NY.

The govt claims they must censor some documents for national security.

Kathy C

I think that MM was murdered and at least one Kennedy and/or Kennedy relative was involved.

The Marilyn Tapes, 48 Hours. TONIGHT!! (Tuesday)

The old term "Much Ado About Nothing!" Would seem to apply to this. I saw this earlier in the year and it is rehashing all the same old mystery and innuendo that has followed this case from the onset. If this so called 'news program' would focus on some cases that still affect people living today the occasional foray into long ago mysteries wouldn't be so bad. I'm trying hard to recall a real hard core mystery this show has featured in the past year.

Sharon Marshall, Johnny Gosch, Jodi Huisentruitt, The Springfield Missing Women, or any of a number of cases featured on this site have yet to make it, to the best of my knowledge, to this 'mystery' program.

I watch it almost religiously every Saturday night during the season and haven't been impressed with the programming for quite some time. Maybe I've missed coverage on some of these cases I mentioned above, but for the most part this all seems to get looked over. With all the focus on 'cold cases' these days you'd think some of this would get picked up in a program. I've sent emails to all the shows, Primetime, 20/20, and 48 Hours about these cases but have yet to see them featured.