1096 users online (193 members and 903 guests)  

Websleuths News

Police: Stolen boat with man suspected of kidnapping his kids spotted off San Mateo

A boat stolen by a man who allegedly abducted his children from South San Francisco was spotted by a commercial fisherman early this morning about 50 miles offshore of Pillar Point, according to police.

The fisherman identified suspect Christopher Maffei as the man on the vessel, according to South San Francisco police Sgt. Bruce McPhillips. The fisherman also told police he saw the older of Maffei's two children on the sailboat.

As of 3 p.m., the Coast Guard and law enforcement agencies were searching for the vessel by sea and air and had not made contact with the boat, McPhillips said. A spokesperson for the Coast Guard confirmed it was "actively searching" for the vessel.

Police believe Maffei, 43, took his two young children from their mother's South San Francisco home on Tuesday and fled to an Alameda yacht harbor, where he ditched a rental car, stole a 40-foot boat and sailed away............

ABC7 News spoke to the mother on Thursday night and she said she was in the process of filing a restraining order in Redwood City, when Maffei got into her home and took the couple's two children..........

"I'm afraid if they back him into a corner. I just don't want him to snap and do something really stupid more than what he's already done, so I'm just really worried for my kids and I just want them to come back home to me safe and unharmed," the children's mother told ABC7.

More at link......

There is a thread in the missing persons forum for them

Jacksonville, Florida

MONTEREY, Calif. — A man accused of abducting his two children and stealing a sailboat was arrested after a slow-speed chase along the Central California coast, and the youngsters were rescued, authorities said.
    MOO - My Opinion Only

Father jailed for abducting kids aged two and three before taking them away on stolen yacht