KS KS - Jamie Hernandez-Zubia, 13, Wathena, 9 June 2012

Seymour Krelborn

Feed Me!
Reaction score
Website
www.websleuths.com
JAMIE ZUBIA-HERNANDEZ, Age Now: 13, Missing: 06/09/2012. Missing From WATHENA, KS. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Wathena City Police Department (Kansas) 1-785-985-3711.

Case Type: Non Family Abduction

Circumstances: Jamie was last seen on June 9, 2012. She may travel to Kansas City, Kansas. When Jamie was last seen, she had blonde highlights in her hair.

More...

NCMC1202144c1.jpg

NCMC1202144c1.jpg

Jamie Jazmin Zubia-Hernandez

Non-Family Abduction from Wathena, Kansas since June 9, 2012

Age: 13 -- Height: 5'5" -- Weight: 160 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Brown

When Jamie was last seen, she had blonde highlights in her hair. She has multiple tattoos.

Jamie was last seen in Wathena, Kansas on June 9, 2012. She may travel to Kansas City, Kansas. Few details are available in her case.

NCMEC

JAMIE ZUBIA-HERNANDEZ, Age Now: 14, Missing: 06/09/2012. Missing From WATHENA, KS. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Wathena City Police Department (Kansas) 1-785-985-3711.

More...

Updated NCMEC poster...

DOB: Dec 24, 1998
Missing: Jun 9, 2012
Height: 5'5" (165cm)
Eyes: Brown
Race: Hispanic
Age Now: 14
Sex: Female
Weight: 160lbs (73kg)
Hair: Brown
Missing From:
WATHENA
KS
United States

Jamie was last seen on June 9, 2012. She may travel to Kansas City, Kansas. When Jamie was last seen, she had blonde highlights in her hair. She has multiple tattoos. Jamie may be in need of medical attention.

Dear Poster Partner:
It is with great sadness and deep regret that we notify you that Jamie Zubia-Hernandez missing from Wathena, KS, has been located deceased. Please discontinue dissemination of this poster.
Please remove and discard any posters on this case that you have placed in public view.
We greatly appreciate your part in our efforts to reunite families and look forward to your continued support.
Thank you for your support.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
www.missingkids.com

This is bizarre. She was located deceased because she was shot dead and dumped in the street in Kansas City KS! I will post a link to the news story in a bit - have to go feed my kiddos first.

Too sad. Missing since 2012 at age 13. Wonder where she's been and what she's been thru.

Too sad. Missing since 2012 at age 13. Wonder where she's been and what she's been thru.

Me too. And the article I read about the shooting didn't say anything about her being missing. It referred to her as "of Kansas City" so it apparently wasn't a secret that she was there. I hope we find out more.

Kansas City Star:

Teen girl shot to death in Kansas City, Kan.

---
She had been listed as missing since running away June 9, 2012, from a foster care placement in Wathena, in far northeastern Kansas.

Wathena Police Chief Jason Pendleton said Monday that the missing-person case was still active at the time of Hernandez-Zubia’s death. Pendleton said police had received reports that she may be in the Kansas City area but had not been able to confirm that.

According to Wyandotte County court records, Hernandez-Zubia was prosecuted in juvenile court on a drug possession case in 2012. Pendleton said his department never received notification of that case.
---
more at link above

Anyone know how far Wathena is from Kansas City? The op is vague, but it appears they suspected she was possibly in Kansas City at the time she went missing. Any other info on this missing/now deceased girl? She was quite young when she went missing and it seems she was located in the city she "may travel to". Weird for me.

Thanks wfgodot, looks like I was posting at the same time. I appreciate the link.

Anyone know how far Wathena is from Kansas City? The op is vague, but it appears they suspected she was possibly in Kansas City at the time she went missing. Any other info on this missing/now deceased girl? She was quite young when she went missing and it seems she was located in the city she "may travel to". Weird for me.

Just over 50 miles...

It is quite possible that she entered the foster care system in the Kansas City area and was placed in a home in Wathena. That would not be unusual at all, so they may have thought she would travel "home" or to a place she was familiar with.

Too bad no one was able to reach this poor girl before her demise. (Not assigning guilt to anyone). She had her whole life ahead of her. She was so young. Snuffed at the age of 16. Horrible. Someone harbored a minor in need of help, and she ended up dead. JMO.

My worry is, was she picked up as a runaway and made into a prostitute? Then discarded when she was no longer useful? KC is a big human trafficking area. I hope police investigate every aspect.

My worry is, was she picked up as a runaway and made into a prostitute? Then discarded when she was no longer useful? KC is a big human trafficking area. I hope police investigate every aspect.

I hope they investigate, too. I think this case is the PERFECT example as to why ALL missing, including runaways, are important and need to be found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back