807 users online (124 members and 683 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    170

    FL - Broward Co., Wht/HispMale, 1170UMFL, 36-45, in canal @ US27 rest stop, Jun'84

    https://identifyus.org/cases/1253
    http://doenetwork.org/cases/1170umfl.html

    ME/C Case Number: 1984-0841
    Case File 1170UMFL
    Broward County, Florida
    36 to 45 year old White Male

    Unidentified White/Hispanic Male

    The victim was discovered on June 13, 1984 in Broward County, Florida
    Had been beaten and shot to death
    Estimated Date of Death: 24 hours prior

    Vital Statistics

    Estimated age: 30-45 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"; 120 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair; brown eyes. Black mustache. No tattoos.
    Clothing: White, cut-off shorts; black, knee-length bathrobe with gray trim.
    Jewelry: Gold ring with a red stone on his right finger.
    Dentals: Full set of dentures.

    Case History

    The victim was found on the canal bank at a rest-stop off US 27, 2 miles south of Griffin Road, in unincorporated Broward County, Florida on June 13, 1984.

    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-12-2013 at 07:59 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    170
    http://doenetwork.org/cases/3416dmin.html

    Robert Allen Meredith
    Missing since 1979 from Evansville, Indiana


    Vital Statistics

    Date Of Birth: 1940
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 39 years old
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Dark hair.
    Dentals: Full set of dentures
    DNA: is in progress

    Robert Meredith was last seen in Evansville, IN in 1979.

    His wife was the last known person to see him alive. They got into a fight, she asked him to leave and he was never seen again. His wife never filed a missing person report with the police.

    His sister went to the Evansville police in 1992, in an effort to revive her brother's case. It was then she learned, they never knew about it. By 1992, Meredith had already been declared dead by his ex wife.

    Meredith had at least eight children with four wives throughout his life. Many of those children didn't know about each other until they began looking into their dad's disappearance.

    In a statement to the Social Security Administration, Meredith's wife at the time he disappeared, said she received collect calls and letters from Meredith in Florida afterward, but to this date, there is no evidence of his existence since the day he left in 1979.



    __________________________________________________ _____

    All of the circumstances fit, the physical description (as much as there is!) fits too so I've submitted this one.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    87
    Nice match!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,859
    Looks good to me. Nice find.

  5. #5


    Please tell me this was submitted already. I will be shocked if you don't have a match.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Posts
    3,538
    could be Meredith.

    I don't know how they would match him at this point in time. neither Doe nor Namus makes any reference to DNA for the UID. they did not even fingerprint the UID.

    ETA - if you get a response from FL law enforcement (or medical examiner) could you ask if they saved his clothing for evidence? this was a homicide. there might be some of his hair on the bathrobe he was wearing or blood for that matter, that might yield a DNA sample of the UID.

  7. #7
    Our featured cold case from 9/9/2012 to 9/16/2012

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    I'm in the haystack looking for that needle
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by DippyBlonder View Post
    http://doenetwork.org/cases/3416dmin.html

    Robert Allen Meredith
    Missing since 1979 from Evansville, Indiana


    Vital Statistics

    Date Of Birth: 1940
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 39 years old
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Dark hair.
    Dentals: Full set of dentures
    DNA: is in progress


    Robert Meredith was last seen in Evansville, IN in 1979.

    His wife was the last known person to see him alive. They got into a fight, she asked him to leave and he was never seen again. His wife never filed a missing person report with the police.

    His sister went to the Evansville police in 1992, in an effort to revive her brother's case. It was then she learned, they never knew about it. By 1992, Meredith had already been declared dead by his ex wife.

    Meredith had at least eight children with four wives throughout his life. Many of those children didn't know about each other until they began looking into their dad's disappearance.

    In a statement to the Social Security Administration, Meredith's wife at the time he disappeared, said she received collect calls and letters from Meredith in Florida afterward, but to this date, there is no evidence of his existence since the day he left in 1979.



    __________________________________________________ _____

    All of the circumstances fit, the physical description (as much as there is!) fits too so I've submitted this one.
    Nice wife

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    I'm in the haystack looking for that needle
    Posts
    609
    Amazing match. I hope you've nailed it. If it isn't him, I'd be surprised. Great job.

    Isn't that rather young for a full set of dentures? It just seems like that would really narrow the field.
    Did Robert Meredith ever serve in the military, have a security clearance or have any other reason for his prints to be on file?

    Aren't there any photos of this guy around somewhere? Sheesh, you'd think someone would have something more.
    Last edited by EXIA15145; 09-09-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: added comment

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Posts
    3,538
    Quote Originally Posted by EXIA15145 View Post
    Amazing match. I hope you've nailed it. If it isn't him, I'd be surprised. Great job.

    Isn't that rather young for a full set of dentures? It just seems like that would really narrow the field.
    Did Robert Meredith ever serve in the military, have a security clearance or have any other reason for his prints to be on file?
    typically they use one of the following to make a definitive match - DNA, fingerprints or dental records. dentals don't help because there are plenty of people with full dentures out there. they have no DNA sample from the UID and they did not fingerprint the deceased.

    unless they run a DNA test on blood or hair found on the crime scene evidence (which you hope they would as it may contain evidence belonging to the killer), then they are not going to match this guy to anyone.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,504
    Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
    typically they use one of the following to make a definitive match - DNA, fingerprints or dental records. dentals don't help because there are plenty of people with full dentures out there. they have no DNA sample from the UID and they did not fingerprint the deceased.

    unless they run a DNA test on blood or hair found on the crime scene evidence (which you hope they would as it may contain evidence belonging to the killer), then they are not going to match this guy to anyone.
    I would still think they could compare DNA from this UID's remains to one of Roberts children. I dont know if they will but it could be done if he was buried.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    I'm in the haystack looking for that needle
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
    typically they use one of the following to make a definitive match - DNA, fingerprints or dental records. dentals don't help because there are plenty of people with full dentures out there. they have no DNA sample from the UID and they did not fingerprint the deceased.

    unless they run a DNA test on blood or hair found on the crime scene evidence (which you hope they would as it may contain evidence belonging to the killer), then they are not going to match this guy to anyone.
    I am confused. Did I miss something?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,248
    Wow, nice work, the ring would be the clincher, I think?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,859
    Looking forward to hearing the outcome of this one. Great catch!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    I'm in the haystack looking for that needle
    Posts
    609

    Let me guess, there's no prints for the John Doe

    Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
    typically they use one of the following to make a definitive match - DNA, fingerprints or dental records. dentals don't help because there are plenty of people with full dentures out there. they have no DNA sample from the UID and they did not fingerprint the deceased.

    unless they run a DNA test on blood or hair found on the crime scene evidence (which you hope they would as it may contain evidence belonging to the killer), then they are not going to match this guy to anyone.
    So, was your point that prints are useless because they have no prints for the John Doe?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. FL FL - Broward Co., Wht/HispMale Skeletal 1183UMFL, 25-40, Oct'75
    By Springrain in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-18-2016, 08:02 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-15-2013, 05:11 PM
  3. Happy ending:Loyal dog waits 2 days at rest stop for trucker's return
    By Reader in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2012, 01:56 PM
  4. FL FL - Tampa, HispMale UP8099, 18-40, in canal, gold teeth, Oct'10
    By CherBearSTL in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-21-2012, 12:37 PM

Tags for this Thread