807 users online (124 members and 683 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

FL - Broward Co., Wht/HispMale, 1170UMFL, 36-45, in canal @ US27 rest stop, Jun'84

https://identifyus.org/cases/1253
    http://doenetwork.org/cases/1170umfl.html

ME/C Case Number: 1984-0841
    Case File 1170UMFL
    Broward County, Florida
    36 to 45 year old White Male

Unidentified White/Hispanic Male

The victim was discovered on June 13, 1984 in Broward County, Florida
    Had been beaten and shot to death
    Estimated Date of Death: 24 hours prior

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 30-45 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"; 120 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair; brown eyes. Black mustache. No tattoos.
    Clothing: White, cut-off shorts; black, knee-length bathrobe with gray trim.
    Jewelry: Gold ring with a red stone on his right finger.
    Dentals: Full set of dentures.

Case History

The victim was found on the canal bank at a rest-stop off US 27, 2 miles south of Griffin Road, in unincorporated Broward County, Florida on June 13, 1984.

Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-12-2013 at 07:59 PM.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/3416dmin.html

Robert Allen Meredith
    Missing since 1979 from Evansville, Indiana

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: 1940
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 39 years old
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Dark hair.
    Dentals: Full set of dentures
    DNA: is in progress

Robert Meredith was last seen in Evansville, IN in 1979.

His wife was the last known person to see him alive. They got into a fight, she asked him to leave and he was never seen again. His wife never filed a missing person report with the police.

His sister went to the Evansville police in 1992, in an effort to revive her brother's case. It was then she learned, they never knew about it. By 1992, Meredith had already been declared dead by his ex wife.

Meredith had at least eight children with four wives throughout his life. Many of those children didn't know about each other until they began looking into their dad's disappearance.

In a statement to the Social Security Administration, Meredith's wife at the time he disappeared, said she received collect calls and letters from Meredith in Florida afterward, but to this date, there is no evidence of his existence since the day he left in 1979.

__________________________________________________ _____

All of the circumstances fit, the physical description (as much as there is!) fits too so I've submitted this one.

Nice match!

Looks good to me. Nice find.

Please tell me this was submitted already. I will be shocked if you don't have a match.

could be Meredith.

I don't know how they would match him at this point in time. neither Doe nor Namus makes any reference to DNA for the UID. they did not even fingerprint the UID.

ETA - if you get a response from FL law enforcement (or medical examiner) could you ask if they saved his clothing for evidence? this was a homicide. there might be some of his hair on the bathrobe he was wearing or blood for that matter, that might yield a DNA sample of the UID.

Our featured cold case from 9/9/2012 to 9/16/2012

I'm in the haystack looking for that needle
    Quote Originally Posted by DippyBlonder View Post
    http://doenetwork.org/cases/3416dmin.html

Robert Allen Meredith
    Missing since 1979 from Evansville, Indiana

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: 1940
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 39 years old
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Dark hair.
    Dentals: Full set of dentures
    DNA: is in progress

Robert Meredith was last seen in Evansville, IN in 1979.

His wife was the last known person to see him alive. They got into a fight, she asked him to leave and he was never seen again. His wife never filed a missing person report with the police.

His sister went to the Evansville police in 1992, in an effort to revive her brother's case. It was then she learned, they never knew about it. By 1992, Meredith had already been declared dead by his ex wife.

Meredith had at least eight children with four wives throughout his life. Many of those children didn't know about each other until they began looking into their dad's disappearance.

In a statement to the Social Security Administration, Meredith's wife at the time he disappeared, said she received collect calls and letters from Meredith in Florida afterward, but to this date, there is no evidence of his existence since the day he left in 1979.

__________________________________________________ _____

All of the circumstances fit, the physical description (as much as there is!) fits too so I've submitted this one.
    Nice wife

Amazing match. I hope you've nailed it. If it isn't him, I'd be surprised. Great job.

Isn't that rather young for a full set of dentures? It just seems like that would really narrow the field.
    Did Robert Meredith ever serve in the military, have a security clearance or have any other reason for his prints to be on file?

Aren't there any photos of this guy around somewhere? Sheesh, you'd think someone would have something more.
    Last edited by EXIA15145; 09-09-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: added comment

Quote Originally Posted by EXIA15145 View Post
    Amazing match. I hope you've nailed it. If it isn't him, I'd be surprised. Great job.

Isn't that rather young for a full set of dentures? It just seems like that would really narrow the field.
    Did Robert Meredith ever serve in the military, have a security clearance or have any other reason for his prints to be on file?
    typically they use one of the following to make a definitive match - DNA, fingerprints or dental records. dentals don't help because there are plenty of people with full dentures out there. they have no DNA sample from the UID and they did not fingerprint the deceased.

unless they run a DNA test on blood or hair found on the crime scene evidence (which you hope they would as it may contain evidence belonging to the killer), then they are not going to match this guy to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
    typically they use one of the following to make a definitive match - DNA, fingerprints or dental records. dentals don't help because there are plenty of people with full dentures out there. they have no DNA sample from the UID and they did not fingerprint the deceased.

unless they run a DNA test on blood or hair found on the crime scene evidence (which you hope they would as it may contain evidence belonging to the killer), then they are not going to match this guy to anyone.
    I would still think they could compare DNA from this UID's remains to one of Roberts children. I dont know if they will but it could be done if he was buried.

I am confused. Did I miss something?

Wow, nice work, the ring would be the clincher, I think?

Looking forward to hearing the outcome of this one. Great catch!

Let me guess, there's no prints for the John Doe

So, was your point that prints are useless because they have no prints for the John Doe?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast