KY KY - Debbie Eckles, 20, Hazard, 24 Oct 1983

Article from August 5, 2011:

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headl...tigating_murder_after_28_years_126862093.html

"Police have been talking to Debbie's sister and interviewing witnesses, and now they are hoping to find some answers for the family.

"28 years is a long time and whoever done this they've had to sit and think about it for 28 years now," said Allen.

They believe many people with information are still alive and live either in or close to Hazard."

Her boyfriend's alibi must have been airtight!

Her boyfriend's alibi must have been airtight!

I absolutely agree!! I haven't had a chance to delve into this case much, but I'm going to see what other info is out there.

Debbie was stabbed 17 times which certainly makes it sound personal as opposed to random, IMO.

I couldn't even get any of the old stories from Archive.org. Which is strange because I've found old WKYT stories there a few times before.

But I did find something, for what it is... I found what I assume is the text of this article on a saved copy of an old Hazard message board. It's not much, but I guess it's better than nothing.
Article from August 5, 2011:

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headl...tigating_murder_after_28_years_126862093.html

"Police have been talking to Debbie's sister and interviewing witnesses, and now they are hoping to find some answers for the family.

"28 years is a long time and whoever done this they've had to sit and think about it for 28 years now," said Allen.

They believe many people with information are still alive and live either in or close to Hazard."

Lets keep this at the top that family deserves peace of mind.
Police are looking once again for information about the only murder in recent history that is a cold case in the city limits of Hazard.

They have been interviewing witnesses and family members during the past few months, and now they are asking for the public's help in solving this murder from 1983.

28 years ago Hazard Police say a 20-year-old woman was murdered along Turner Avenue. The mobile home where the murder happened no longer exists, but police are still looking for answers.

Carolyn Miniard is praying for justice.

"I love Debbie with all my heart," said Miniard.

Her sister Debbie Eckles was murdered in 1983. She lived with her boyfriend at the time on Turner Avenue.

"When he returned home later that evening, he found her in the bedroom stabbed 12 times," said Major Minor Allen with the Hazard Police Department.

Police have been talking to Debbie's sister and interviewing witnesses, and now they are hoping to find some answers for the family.

They believe many people with information are still alive and live either in or close to Hazard.

"That was my sister, that was my baby sister, and I didn't want to lose her. I didn't want this," said Miniard.

If you have any information regarding this cold case you can call Hazard City Police or Kentucky State Police. In Perry County.

Hazard Police are also trying to locate the DNA evidence from the murder to have it tested, and see if any new information can be found almost 30 years later.

"I remember Debbie, I thought that they arrested someone for her murder years ago. All this time I thought he was in prison for her murder, because his family just disappeared about this time. I hope that they catch whomever done this..."
(8/9/2011)

Thank you for looking for more info on her. I'm from the area and when I go back I plan to ask around and see if anyone knew of her.

I couldn't even get any of the old stories from Archive.org. Which is strange because I've found old WKYT stories there a few times before.

But I did find something, for what it is... I found what I assume is the text of this article on a saved copy of an old Hazard message board. It's not much, but I guess it's better than nothing.

Lets keep this at the top that family deserves peace of mind.
Police are looking once again for information about the only murder in recent history that is a cold case in the city limits of Hazard.

They have been interviewing witnesses and family members during the past few months, and now they are asking for the public's help in solving this murder from 1983.

28 years ago Hazard Police say a 20-year-old woman was murdered along Turner Avenue. The mobile home where the murder happened no longer exists, but police are still looking for answers.

Carolyn Miniard is praying for justice.

"I love Debbie with all my heart," said Miniard.

Her sister Debbie Eckles was murdered in 1983. She lived with her boyfriend at the time on Turner Avenue.

"When he returned home later that evening, he found her in the bedroom stabbed 12 times," said Major Minor Allen with the Hazard Police Department.

Police have been talking to Debbie's sister and interviewing witnesses, and now they are hoping to find some answers for the family.

They believe many people with information are still alive and live either in or close to Hazard.

"That was my sister, that was my baby sister, and I didn't want to lose her. I didn't want this," said Miniard.

If you have any information regarding this cold case you can call Hazard City Police or Kentucky State Police. In Perry County.

Hazard Police are also trying to locate the DNA evidence from the murder to have it tested, and see if any new information can be found almost 30 years later.

"I remember Debbie, I thought that they arrested someone for her murder years ago. All this time I thought he was in prison for her murder, because his family just disappeared about this time. I hope that they catch whomever done this..."
(8/9/2011)

"Hazard Police are also trying to locate the DNA evidence from the murder to have it tested" -- wonder how they're doing with this....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back