VA VA - Kathleen Haley, 37, Newport News, 1 Sept 2012

Marilynilpa

Reaction score
What items would be a good start... does she have her purse? Phone? Keys?

That was my first question too .. what items are missing? Her cell? Clothes? Money? Luggage?
Who does she live with, alone? Married? Boyfriend/Girlfriend? Kids?

Such little information at this point. My family has a house in nearby Hampton so I will start circulating what information we do have at this point.

I haven't been able to find out much. Can't find a FB or FB missing page.

Interesting that it's stated she was seen on the 22nd, but only heard from on the 1st. Wonder who she spoke to and what was said?

So she has not been SEEN since Aug 22 but was TALKED to on Sept 1? Where was she when her family talked to her on the first?

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/newport_news/police-say-missing-woman-is-endangered-

From the article you linked:

"Haley may be endangered because she has not been seen or heard from her since September 1. Her vehicle has been parked at her residence and has not been moved and items from her home are missing, according to a press release from Newport News police."

BBM

It would be nice to know what items are missing - personal items she might have taken such as money, purse, keys, cell phone, etc., or larger items that might indicate a burglary?

If she is voluntary missing, I find it odd she didn't take her car.

I haven't found anything else either. Just the initial news article, which was posted on several webpages. Found what I believe is her home address info and a few old old court tickets in Newport News.

She is a teeny tiny beautiful lady. The picture looks like a webcam picture to me, which would may have been from Facebook.

I am having a very very hard time finding info about her. There are two Kathleen Haley's that keep popping up, a journalist and a doctor, neither are her.

She is still on the Newport News Police facebook and the Channel 3 facebook. Questions have been raised by Facebook users on both stories to try and get more information. Which is good.

Any other ideas for now?

I am having a very very hard time finding info about her. There are two Kathleen Haley's that keep popping up, a journalist and a doctor, neither are her.

She is still on the Newport News Police facebook and the Channel 3 facebook. Questions have been raised by Facebook users on both stories to try and get more information. Which is good.

Any other ideas for now?

I have no idea where to go from here. I've asked LE what personal items were missing from her home but haven't heard back (and probably won't!)

The lack of personal information makes it very difficult to know much about Kathleen. Hopefully LE or family will tell us more about her.

Updated story:

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/newport_news/missing-woman

"37-year-old Kathleen Haley was supposed to stop by her sister's home September 1st but did not."

The fact that her cell phone goes directly to voice mail is alarming, IMO.
TY!

That link didn't work for me
found this one:

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/newport_news/police-say-missing-woman-is-endangered-

Does it say the phone goes to voicemail? I am up way earlier and my brain is a big ball of useless cotton so I could have missed it.

Wish they would say what items were taken and what items were not - saying some items were taken really doesn't give any idea of whether she left on her own, she was taken, or any other scenario.

Was the door to her house unlocked when they wen to check on her? Was anything out of place? Could there have been a struggle.

I am going to use my down time today start emailing the news channels and newspapers down there, via their website and via facebook.
But do you think I should create a missing persons flyer first? So I can send them a copy?
It doesn't seem like any of that has been done and quicker action is better.

Morning everyone! :coffeecup::coffeecup:

is she single? any children? who reported her missing?

yes, that is odd that her siblings know nothing of her employment.

I hate it when people talk in past tense!! Makes my hinky meter rise dramatically

http://http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/newport_news/police-say-missing-woman-is-endangered-

When I saw this on the news this morning I thought it was strange that her sister and brother-in-law said that they didn't know what she did for a living or where she was employed. That she never discussed that with them.

Anyone else think it's strange? You call to let your family know when you're going to be out of town but you don't tell them why or what job you have?

A couple of thoughts come to mind regarding her occupation, but she's the victim so I don't want to say anything that might be considered derogatory.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back