1223 users online (241 members and 982 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA -Woman's body found during sheriff's search-rescue drill

Woman's body found in Calabasas during sheriff's search-rescue drill

snipped.......................

A search and rescue team found the victim in her car last Sunday. Rescuers made their way down a hillside to the SUV, which was still on its roof.

Investigators said they believe the Lincoln Aviator belonged to the woman and that she had been living in it.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...les&id=8804252
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

How sad. I wonder if anyone even reported her missing...
    JMO, MOO, Doing my best. I am not perfect and I don't expect you to be either.

Those were relatively expensive cars-produced in 2002-2005.
    Just my opinion

How fortunate she was located... A Lincoln, huh? I hope they are considering foul play and do a thorough autopsy. Lots of tempers are riding to the extreme in this recession.

That is a very expensive neighborhood and an expensive car. Surprising to me that she could have been living in it in that area.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

I wonder what makes them think she was living in it?

Snipped...............

There was no immediate explanation why word of the discovery was held for six days.

Officials scouting locations for upcoming training exercises last weekend noticed an overturned sport utility vehicle resting on its roof, said Katz.

"When they investigated further they discovered the body of a woman, who appeared to be the driver, inside the vehicle," Katz said.
    Investigators believe the vehicle belonged to the woman and that she had been living in it, Katz said.

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_21503384...ce=most_viewed

I'm just confuzzled She was living in the car before she went off the cliff or after ? By this article it would appear before, so who in the heck is she that is what I would like to know!
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

My initial impression was that she may have been fleeing a violent environment-- a fight with a family member, spouse, boyfriend, often leads to a woman sitting in her vehicle filled with a hodgepodge of things thrown in there (as packing to get out).

The fact that this was an affluent area and involved a pricy automobile underscores that she may have been passionately disenfranchised (no credit cards to get a hotel room, etc.) for a night or two.

It may have even been her significant other who told authorities she was living in her car.

Perhaps she wasn't married and LE is still trying to notify next of kin?

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post

I wonder what makes them think she was living in it?

People who live in their car usually have a bunch of stuff with them. Their clothes, etc.
    Just my opinion

Okay. For a few posts I thought LE believed she had been living in her car while it was upside-down. Doh. I'll be hiding here out of embarrassment.
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.