GUILTY TX - Shania Gray, 16, killed before rape testimony, Carrollton, 6 Sept 2012

momtective

Lifetime WS Non-Mod
Reaction score
CARROLLTON, Texas (AP) - A Texas man has been charged with murder in the death of a 16-year-old girl who police said they believe was killed to keep her from testifying at the man's upcoming sexual assault trial.

Police in the Dallas suburb of Carrollton say Franklin B. Davis, 30, of Irving was charged with capital murder Sunday after confessing to the death of Shania Gray. Gray was last seen alive Thursday afternoon at Hebron High School in the Dallas suburb of Carrollton. Her body was found Saturday in a secluded area near the Trinity River.

Carrollton police spokesman Jon Stovall told The Associated Press in an email that police believe Davis killed Gray because she was about to testify against him.

http://www.kltv.com/story/19502764/family-friend-teen-slain-before-she-could-testify

RIP :rose: Shania

I've been hearing a lot of news about this on my local news stations and it is just awful. :(

I can't imagine her terror..poor girl..I think his statement is a lie, He used the gun to get her into the car..

Oh God bless that child. And her family. Doing what's right, at 16, can be a tough thing to go through, and to end up with her murdered?

I lose more faith in humanity every day...

Best-
herding cats

How stupid. A waste of a another precious life. Did he think they wouldn't suspect him if she showed up dead?

Thoughts for her family.

DUMB! There are just no words for this guy.

And Shania will STILL testify.

RIP Shania.

Hebron's principal issued a news release to parents and students.

"Based upon the most recent facts, the police department has shared that this situation was not an abduction," wrote Principal Scot Finch. "We encourage you to talk with your student this evening about this situation as well as getting into cars with acquaintances or friends."

Read more: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/19499476/t#ixzz26AIzId2U

Yah, okay, let's minmize the crime already. He was not an acquaintance or a friend, He was her rapist. I'm pretty sure that her getting into his car, under the circumstances, constitutes an abduction. It was not a stranger abduction....most of them aren't. I have no faith in that principal, just saying.

RIP Shania.

True indeed and with the evidence needed to send him straight to death row. Unfortunately our tax dollars will support his sorry arse for the next 20+ years but at least we have the satisfaction of knowing there will be a day when he will no longer take up space on this earth.

Watching that video of their interview is just awful. The way he talks about it so calmly....UGHHHHHHHHHH, makes my skin crawl.

RIP Shania.

So very true, what a strong brave young lady, and that is how you will always be remembered.

I hope this piece of filth rots.

Not only is this horrible for Shania and her family, but what it will do to future rape cases is too. There will be less girls that will now come forward in fear of being killed by their rapist. This is so sad on so many levels.

What a tragic story. Sometimes life is so unbelievably unfair.

I'm sorry that this young girl was taken much too soon, with so much life ahead of her.

Shania+Gray.jpg

Rest in peace, Shania.

:rose: :rose: :rose:

Maybe he'll do us all a solid and commit suicide by cop.

May the offcers be safe during this situation.

this is not surprising. I suspect LE has now learned a valuable lesson about what to expect from him.

I wonder if he has other victims in his past? His moral compass is non existent.

IMO
Wow....I am glad nobody got killed from this guy again. He is dangerous and I suppose the guard let his guard down (pun intended). Below is from article and the guy must have gotten real close to him in order to grab the gun or maybe he charged him. Just glad nobody got killed. This guy is a menace to society. Give him 2 aspirins and get him back behind bars.

From article:
The incident began about 8:30 p.m. when an inmate grabbed a gun from a deputy who was guarding him at the hospital.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/12/04/4460556/standoff-near-parkland-hospital.html#storylink=cpy

A capital murder suspect escaped from Parkland Memorial Hospital after the deputy guarding him removed his leg and arm restraints so the inmate could take a shower before returning to jail, court documents show.

And from his attorney:
Phillip Hayes, an attorney for Davis, confirmed that his client had been experiencing physical and mental health problems for some time, including chest pains, dizziness and an inability to digest food.
“From what I was able to figure out from talking to him, it looks like for several days there had been some health issues that hadn’t been attended to,” Hayes said. “He hadn’t been able to get his needs met and out of desperation, he did something that was pretty silly.
“I think it’s pretty obvious there wasn’t any intent to hurt anybody. I think he felt at his wits’ end. He asked for help several times over the last several days and no one was really acting on it. They finally took him to Parkland after several days of physical pain.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/comm...urity-mistake-dallas-sheriff-acknowledges.ece

Cry me a freaking river...... moo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77