AU - Plans for emu underpass vetoed as, doggone it, emus not bright enough to use it

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Awaiting Steely Dan's rebuttal of this vicious libel.

Plans for emu underpass across Australian highway abandoned (Telegraph)
Australian road officials have been considering ways to save a coastal emu habitat in northern New South Wales from the impact of a proposed highway which will cut through the birds’ territory.
---
The state’s Roads and Maritime Service has proposed underground tunnels to help protect the emus – a measure which has been used to save koalas and reptiles.
---
However, environmentalists believe underpasses will not save the emus, which lack the intelligence to use them.
---
"Emus are big birds with little brains," Gary Whale, from a local bird group called Clarence Valley Birdos, said.

“There is no evidence that emus have ever gone through an underpass ... Farmers open their gate to try and encourage them to go out. Five meters away the emu is butting at a five-strand fence, but can't work out that there is an opening there that it can get through."
---
much more at the link above

Uh oh, Steely's not gonna like the "big bird with little brain" comment!

Too stupid to use an underpass? That's just what the Emus want us to think, so that we'll be off guard when they take over the world! (personally, I think the Otters are going to beat them to it) :dance: ;)

They've already insinuated themselves onto world coinage; was looking through my accumulation of coins the other day and was reminded of that by finding this Australian one:

http://tinyurl.com/9cuqqe4

Actually, EMUs - electric multiple units - do exist, and are multiple unit trains "consisting of self-propelled carriages, using electricity as the motive power."

EMU (Wiki)

Not sure if the birds would like them though, even if they could figure out how to board them.

I think the real question is---where is Steely?

someone better inbox him

this is important

:D

Awaiting Steely Dan's rebuttal of this vicious libel.

Plans for emu underpass across Australian highway abandoned (Telegraph)

much more at the link above

When people make threads like this I'd appreciate a heads up. I don't always visit the rooms every day and then a thread gets buried. So in the future if anyone makes an emu thread please PM me to make me aware of such thread.

Thanks

Also, thanks wfgodot for making this thread. :clap: I just found out about it because Beginners Luck tipped me off. :thumb:

Too stupid to use an underpass? That's just what the Emus want us to think, so that we'll be off guard when they take over the world! (personally, I think the Otters are going to beat them to it) :dance: ;)

Otters shmotters! You are correct though in thinking that emus act dumb in order to get what they want. Like women. :truce:

They've already insinuated themselves onto world coinage; was looking through my accumulation of coins the other day and was reminded of that by finding this Australian one:

http://tinyurl.com/9cuqqe4

And what is wrong with emu coins? :snooty:

The guy who wrote that has a thick skull without much brain!! :maddening:

Obviously that's a scan of a male emu - it's the females that are the masterminds - just look at how they can con those guys into taking care of all of the child-care! <ducks for cover>

Actually, the male emu has scammed the females. While the males sit on the eggs they get the remote control and the females bring them beers. :snooty:

:floorlaugh: O my!!! My o My!!!!! Do you mean there is now proof that Emu's are DA's and I do not mean District Attorneys!!!! :floorlaugh:

:skip: :skip:

:floorlaugh: O my!!! My o My!!!!! Do you mean there is now proof that Emu's are DA's and I do not mean District Attorneys!!!! :floorlaugh:

:skip: :skip:

EMU_FACE-1.jpg

Well, I'm glad I peed before I read your commentary in rebuttal to the EMU!

I think I have figured out a solution to this problem. Since the EMU male, pretty much does his thing (watching toddlers and tiaras) and then just sits on the eggs while the female goes out and well lets just say "hooks up" with other EMU'S, then, well shoot, birth control or abortion is not an option.....I stumped! Back to you Steely!

Well, I'm glad I peed before I read your commentary in rebuttal to the EMU!

I think I have figured out a solution to this problem. Since the EMU male, pretty much does his thing (watching toddlers and tiaras) and then just sits on the eggs while the female goes out and well lets just say "hooks up" with other EMU'S, then, well shoot, birth control or abortion is not an option.....I stumped! Back to you Steely!

They do not watch T&T. :snooty: They tune into rugby matches, action movies, American football and the Playemu channel. :maddening:

The female emus go out and run around like the child abandoning floozies they are. Not that that's a bad thing.

And what is wrong with emu coins? :snooty:
My fault for the missing heads up. Emu coins.....it's the sort of pathetic - pathetic, and not even plucky - way the bird is attempting to prop up the shield thing with its leg. The kangaroo looks mortified at have to share the same space. One can bet he got a new agent fast after that shoot.

Now the noble little kiwi - that's a bird made for coinage. If it appears shy it's because of deep-seated fears of being mistaken for a dwarf emu: "Oh dear."

On a more serious note -

Seeing emus flouncing through the fields with their babies in tow is one of the unforgettable sights of Australia.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back