834 users online (196 members and 638 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Cicely Bolden, 28, murdered over HIV status, Dallas, 6 Sept 2012

Larry Dunn stabbed to death Cicely Bolden supposedly after she told him she had HIV. Dunn said she told him after they had engaged in sex and she killed him so he killed her.

Bolden is the mother of two children and the father of her son said she had contracted HIV within the last few years.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/337...ositive-status

RIP Cicely.

Very sad...on many levels.

I'm a little low on sympathy, since she waited until AFTER they had sex to reveal that she was HIV positive.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Sad for the children and the fella. She made her own bed.

Wow, I'm surprised that anyone thinks that this woman deserved to get stabbed to death because she didn't tell him she was HIV positive before they had sex. Don't get me wrong, She SHOULD have told him for sure and that is a huge deal, but where's his responsibility in this? He should have known, that every time you have unprotected sex you risk contracting something...HIV included. No matter what someone says, because someone can be infected and not even know it. It was up to HIM to keep himself safe, but I guess he couldn't be bothered. Oh and the fact that he STABBED HER TO DEATH!

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedPopsicle View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised that anyone thinks that this woman deserved to get stabbed to death because she didn't tell him she was HIV positive before they had sex. Don't get me wrong, She SHOULD have told him for sure and that is a huge deal, but where's his responsibility in this? He should have known, that every time you have unprotected sex you risk contracting something...HIV included. No matter what someone says, because someone can be infected and not even know it. It was up to HIM to keep himself safe, but I guess he couldn't be bothered. Oh and the fact that he STABBED HER TO DEATH!
    Thanks for saying this popsicle. I also saw such a horrible backlash on Twitter I could not believe my eyes.
    Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedPopsicle View Post
    While I agree with you that he should have been practicing safe sex, it does not excuse her knowingly being HIV positive and having unprotected sex. The father of her children said in the article that she has known for a couple of years. The fact that she didn't tell him beforehand and offer him the protection (which by the way is supplied for free at the health department) really speaks volumes about her intent.

I have to wonder how many times she has had sex over the last couple of years without protection. It is attempted murder on her part. Whether she succeeded with this victim remains to be seen.

We had someone get arrested in my area some years ago for purposely spitting on people and being either HIV positive or full blown AIDS (sorry can't remember which).

I think he has as good a case for temporary insanity as they come.

Definitely having that protection talk again at my house this evening.
    Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said.--Mark Twain

Knowingly exposing someone to HIV/AIDS is a crime.

I don't believe she deserved to be murdered, but in essence she gave her partner a death sentence.

She should have told him before they had sex but he had no reason to kill her. I feel really bad for her kids finding her dead body.

As I said, sad, on so many levels.

From November 2013:

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2013...d-guilty.html/

Larry Dunn was sentenced Tuesday to 40 years in prison for killing his HIV-positive lover...

Larry Dunn, 37, changed his plea to guilty last week during his trial for the murder of Cicely Lee Bolden, 28.
    http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/11/05/t...gets-40-years/

To date, Dunn has not tested positive for HIV.