Thread: Atlanta: Grandmother beats 3 year old Nevaeh to death with pipe

Atlanta: Grandmother beats 3 year old Nevaeh to death with pipe

Atlanta: Selena Denise Rivera, 42, told police she was in bed reading the Bible when she noticed Neveah Pinckney’s eyes rolling back and a white foam coming from her nose. An hour later the child was pronounced dead at Egelston Hospital.

An autopsy determined the 3 year old died from blunt force trauma, and scarring indicated she had been previously been injured. GA Department of Family and Children Services was imvolved 2 weeks prior when the girl was hospitalized for "a seizure while in the shower and fell striking her forehead” .

The child’s 8-year-old sister told police she watched her grandmother “beating the victim with a silver pipe on the day she died and shoved the victim in a closet,” Neveah wasn’t breathing when Rivera got her out of the closet.

Murder charges. Bail denied.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to noZme For This Useful Post:

of course grandma was readin' the bible. Trying to pray herself into salvation I'm sure. I'm glad the 8 yr old was able to tell the real story.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/c...th-a-pi/nR7Rm/

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to TobyWong* For This Useful Post:

How terrible a grandmother.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rpgman For This Useful Post:

What the heck did she do to possibly deserve this.

I read "she was in bed reading the Bible" and was like uhuh whatever.

Poor sweet baby. R.I.P

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; The point is to discover them.

Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to josie1986 For This Useful Post:

What a monster...

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Zafina For This Useful Post:

How awful for the big sister to have witnessed such an evil act by someone who was suppose to love and care for them. Sadly at 8 yrs she will remember this. I hope someone will tell her that her sister is safe now in the arms of God, and will never hurt again. Praying that she gets placed in a loving home, and goes on to find peace and happiness in her life.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Luckyswife For This Useful Post:

I think in the Websleuth's forum there are at least 3 little girls named Nevaeh, "heaven" spelled backwards, who were violently murdered & went to heaven before their 5th birthdays.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to noZme For This Useful Post:

Gramma needs to have her own come to Jesus moment. In a prison shower stall, on the other end of a silver pipe.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to craftybatchy For This Useful Post:

RIP little one.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

I am just DONE. I am just DONE with all these murderous <selfsnip> who take out their own self loathing or impatience or lack of basic humanity on their children or grandchildren.

I am so very sorry little precious one. Rest in peace now Neveah.

ETA pretty frickin sad when Gramma is a better alternative then mom in this instance. Wonder what prevented the child's mother from having her?

I am so angry.
    Five years ago I wandered in here because of a google search on Haleigh Cummings. "Welcome," folks said "look around a bit, sit a spell." It wasn't long before I found Caylee's threads. It was just that simple.

If you are new to the site allow me to say, "welcome. Look around a bit, sit a spell."

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Someone needs to beat Granny upside her head until she has foam coming out of her mouth! Some of these cases and crimes against children make my blood boil and I say an eye for an eye!

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JenniferTx For This Useful Post:

Grandma is 42 and has an 8yr old grandchild. Why am I not surprised?

In what galaxy is it that someone thinks it's ok to hit someone with a pipe, especially a toddler?!
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.--Albert Einstein

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hambirg For This Useful Post:

I wonder what that poor baby was thinking when grandma kept on swinging that pipe down? Poor little thing RIP.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JenniferTx For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by noZme View Post
    I think in the Websleuth's forum there are at least 3 little girls named Nevaeh, "heaven" spelled backwards, who were violently murdered & went to heaven before their 5th birthdays.
    Your right. When I saw the name in the description thread, I thought it had to do with an old story, as I knew I had read that name here before. Sad.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TXN4LIFE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hambirg View Post
    Grandma is 42 and has an 8yr old grandchild. Why am I not surprised?

In what galaxy is it that someone thinks it's ok to hit someone with a pipe, especially a toddler?!
    BBM While I totally get your frustration I wanted to point out that I am 46 and have an 11 year old granddaughter. I have never struck anyone child or adult with a pipe.

I took no offense at the age reference but others might. Her being a young mother and then a young grandmother is not what caused this, although it does probably give us clues about the likely socioeconomic and societal status of this woman.

Just makes me sick. Still can't get over the fact that this child was in gramma's care in the first place. If gramma was the more responsible - maternal between the two options what then does this say about this poor child's brief life? Did no one ever love her or afford her the stability and protection every child deserves? Nobody? Ever? Very very sad.
    Five years ago I wandered in here because of a google search on Haleigh Cummings. "Welcome," folks said "look around a bit, sit a spell." It wasn't long before I found Caylee's threads. It was just that simple.

If you are new to the site allow me to say, "welcome. Look around a bit, sit a spell."

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    BBM While I totally get your frustration I wanted to point out that I am 46 and have an 11 year old granddaughter. I have never struck anyone child or adult with a pipe.

I took no offense at the age reference but others might. Her being a young mother and then a young grandmother is not what caused this, although it does probably give us clues about the likely socioeconomic and societal status of this woman.

Just makes me sick. Still can't get over the fact that this child was in gramma's care in the first place. If gramma was the more responsible - maternal between the two options what then does this say about this poor child's brief life? Did no one ever love her or afford her the stability and protection every child deserves? Nobody? Ever? Very very sad.
    Sorry, it wasn't my intent to offend anyone.

I know that being a young parent doesn't automatically make someone an abuser. I think I'm probably sensitive to it because there have been some local cases this last year where it was the case of very young, immature parents being completely unprepared to be parents that contributed to abuse.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.--Albert Einstein

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hambirg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hambirg View Post
    Sorry, it wasn't my intent to offend anyone.

I know that being a young parent doesn't automatically make someone an abuser. I think I'm probably sensitive to it because there have been some local cases this last year where it was the case of very young, immature parents being completely unprepared to be parents that contributed to abuse.
    no offense taken, just like to represent whenever possible that many young mothers turn out to be wonderful parents (patting self on back).

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    This woman had to know what she was doing!!! I'm surprised we even know about this child and she didn't disappear.
    About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. Herbert Hoover

36. The Following User Says Thank You to tiredblondy For This Useful Post: