1104 users online (234 members and 870 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

AZ - Jaime Andrews, 37, Chino Valley, 4 Sept 2012

Arizona authorities are searching a desert area in Wickenburg for a missing Chino Valley woman.

Jaime Andrews, 37, hasn't been seen since Sept. 4, said Yavapai County sheriff's officials.

Her family thought she had gone to her father's ranch in La Paz County, but she never arrived.

On Sunday, a rancher found Andrews' abandoned car in a remote area west of Wickenburg known as Bullard's Wash.

Her dog was found in good condition inside the vehicle and deputies also located her purse, some clothing and a water bottle. They later found footprints in the area that triggered an air and ground search until sundown Sunday.
    http://www.kpho.com/story/19508166/d...o-valley-woman

Andrews was reported missing from her home in the 2600 block of West Quail View Loop in Chino Valley on Saturday by her husband, Sherman Andrews, who said he had not seen her since Sept. 4, said Yavapai County Sheriff's Office Spokesman Dwight D'Evelyn.

The husband expected Andrews to go to her father's ranch in La Paz County but she never arrived. He is concerned for his wife's safety because she has had some mental-health issues lately, according to D'Evelyn.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...#ixzz26B0bTET5
    The rancher told deputies that Andrews' had come to his ranch home on Sept. 4 wearing a black evening dress and asked for directions to Almo Road. The ranch is located north of Arizona 71 and west of highway 93, D'Evelyn said.

Deputies found and tracked footprints near where Andrews' car was found. The search was called off when it got dark Sunday night. Search and rescue teams resumed looking for Andrews Monday morning with the help of over 60 members, 4x4 vehicles, horses and helicopter units, D'Evelyn said.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...#ixzz26B0k1EYm
    http://i.azcentral.com/i/sized/7/3/7...EB8B348737.jpg

http://www.chinovalleyenews.com/news...#axzz26B0z2wus

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/19...o-valley-woman

A black evening gown? I sure hope she wwas going to a formal.

That's such open land there. I had to use Bing maps to find the highways. I've not taken that route but a little further west off of I-10 the only vehicles I'd pass via the back way to Havasu were truck drivers flying down the road.

The directions from the article above sounds like she was headed to Congress, AZ, because that's about all I can find where she'd be headed or a ranch out there? It use to be a gold-mining town and is now a community of around 2000+ and is a retirement community. I believe it's Alamo Road, not Almo as in the article.

Hope she's found but it doesn't sound good.

Actually, it would be past Congress (SW of it) after reading the directions again.

They found the dog in good condition inside her vehicle? How hot has it been down there? How long could that dog have remained inside a locked vehicle and been in good condition?

It's been hot but the rains are cooling it off a lot. Not sure about that area but Phoenix has had a lot of rain too lately. 5 days in a car! It's a wonder he's alive. The husband didn't report her missing for 4 days?

I found another article with a little more information and a facebook link about her. There's a picture of her too.

http://sedonaeye.com/desert-search-u...o-valley-woman

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...22558184447365

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    They found the dog in good condition inside her vehicle? How hot has it been down there? How long could that dog have remained inside a locked vehicle and been in good condition?
    That sounded strange to me, but so did the rancher finding the car 6 days after he said she stopped at his ranch asking for directions. Sounds like she was staying somewhere close by for a few days, she was stranded out there for days before trying to walk for help (not long before help showed up at her car), the rancher is confused about when he saw her or who he saw, or some others I'm not saying right now.
    Every murderer is someone's old friend ... Agatha Christie

I would have thought she would have taken the dog with her?.

Well, I do wonder about her mental state and why it took a few days to report her missing.

One glaring question I have is was the car in running condition when they found it?

If she was planning on not being found why would she take the dog? Dogs are always a source of comfort and if she was lost she certainly would have taken the dog for peace of mind if nothing else. Not to mention the water bottle.

I don't know but this seems off to me and IMO something more nefarious is going on here.

I sure hope Jamie doesn't fall out of the media and interest . I have seen no family come forward to plead for help. I see no mention of her in any social media sites except for some twitter mentions. I couldn't find a FB for her or her husband. She deserves some attention.

It almost reminds me of cases on the missing but not forgotten threads from years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldpizza View Post
    Well, I do wonder about her mental state and why it took a few days to report her missing.

One glaring question I have is was the car in running condition when they found it?

If she was planning on not being found why would she take the dog? Dogs are always a source of comfort and if she was lost she certainly would have taken the dog for peace of mind if nothing else. Not to mention the water bottle.

I don't know but this seems off to me and IMO something more nefarious is going on here.
    I took the "mental state' and the black evening dress to indicate an altered state and not suicidal -what if she was confused as opposed to attempting to hurt herself.
    -Beth In Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by BethInAK View Post
    I took the "mental state' and the black evening dress to indicate an altered state and not suicidal -what if she was confused as opposed to attempting to hurt herself.
    Mental state has come in to question on so many cases as of late. The more cases we follow the more we have to consider. I'm learning not to jump to conclusions so quickly and not get a mind set. But I still will rely on common sense and consider all opinions.

I do find the black evening dress weird, but maybe she wanted to look nice when she got to her fathers. Or maybe it's land owners (place she went to get directions) interpretation of what she was wearing?

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    I am very surprised there are no updates on the search for her! It sounds rather large!

Quote Originally Posted by BethInAK View Post
    It take the 'mental' statement w/ a grain of salt----her husband is the ONLY person to state that (from what I could see) and he was the one who DIDN'T report her missing for 4 days. Until we hear from other family members, I don't necessarily believe it. MOO I'm really interested in hearing from her Dad and what he thought!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast