NBC's Today’ Skips 9/11 Moment Of Silence For Kardashian Interview

TrackerSam

Reaction score
At 8:46 AM, in New York City and at the White House in Washington DC, there was a moment of silence to remember when the first plane hit the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001. In New York, the NYPD, FDNY, Port Authority Police and the families of the victims were present, while in Washington the President and the First Lady led the moment.

The cable networks all carried it, with ABC’s “Good Morning America” and “CBS This Morning” carrying it as well. The only national general news program to not carry the moment of silence was NBC’s ‘Today,” which, in an odd bit of counter-programming, opted to air an interview with “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” star Kris Jenner, who talked about the new season of the reality show, and her breast implants.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser...t-of-silence-for-kardashian-interview_b145281

At 8:46 AM, in New York City and at the White House in Washington DC, there was a moment of silence to remember when the first plane hit the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001. In New York, the NYPD, FDNY, Port Authority Police and the families of the victims were present, while in Washington the President and the First Lady led the moment.

The cable networks all carried it, with ABC’s “Good Morning America” and “CBS This Morning” carrying it as well. The only national general news program to not carry the moment of silence was NBC’s ‘Today,” which, in an odd bit of counter-programming, opted to air an interview with “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” star Kris Jenner, who talked about the new season of the reality show, and her breast implants.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser...t-of-silence-for-kardashian-interview_b145281

Wow.
That's horrible.

Isn't Today dead last in ratings? This may help keep them there.

As an aside, did anyone else see Kim K.'s comment about how she felt after her fake marriage fell apart was similar to how a girl she knew with cancer felt?

Isn't Today dead last in ratings? This may help keep them there.

As an aside, did anyone else see Kim K.'s comment about how she felt after her fake marriage fell apart was similar to how a girl she knew with cancer felt?

No, I didn't see that! And as a person who just lost someone I love very much to Colorectal Cancer at 38 that DISGUSTS me!!!!!!

Shame on NBC. Why won't the K's just GO AWAY!!

Shame on them....
I wonder what poll they were going by that said, "Hey, skip the moment of silence, we want to listen to inane bubble heads!"

I used to like the Today show, but this makes me sick as well as what was done to Ann Curry. I cannot stand to even look at Matt Lauer now.

Shame on you, NBC.....I am about to find another morning show to watch.

Unbelievably, disrespectful.....

Go (bleep) yourself, NBC. Go (bleep) yourself.

Here's my favorite part:

http://tvline.com/2012/09/11/today-chooses-kardashian-mom-over-911-coverage/

“The Today show dedicated a considerable amount of time to September 11th coverage this morning throughout the entire show,” a spokesperson for NBC News said in a statement to TVLine.

If they had left the ceremony for breaking news, or new of any kind, I might be more understanding. For a story that pretty much sums up everything that is wrong with America today, it makes me want to :puke:

The Karashians are like Howard Stern some people hate them so much they watch cause they can't turn away. When will it end?!

Oh wow pimp mama Kris is THAT important? Disgusting.
I watched an episode of their show, I don't know how recent or so it was because I rarely watch, so bear with me here...
But anyway Kendall and Kylie were whining about going to school, wanted to be home schooled...It all just looked so freaking fake...it looked to me like 2 spoiled brats who didn't want to get their asses up and go to school like normal kids.
Kris disagreed with them at first but after she picked one of them up at school who had "test anxiety" she all of a sudden realized how stressed out the two poor little kiddos (yes, note my sarcasm here) were and decided that yes, the best thing for her poor little stressed out kids was home-schooling.
I have nothing against home-schooling...not one bit...but this family just ABSOLUTELY disgusts me.
I WILL not give them one more minute of my time or one more dollar watching their disgusting show.

Oh and as for NBC? Don't watch and am damned glad...but they should consider themselves lucky, because if I did watch I wouldn't after this stunt.

The Karashians are like Howard Stern some people hate them so much they watch cause they can't turn away. When will it end?!

Just jumping off your post. As an avid fan of reality TV, I found the airing of KJ 's interview to be very offensive. The executives at NBC obviously think that the size of KJ's TA-TAS are more ratings worthy than honoring the victims.

I will not go on and on about their decision but it did make me say, what a sad world we live in.

ETA: I hope the backlash at NBC is HUGE.

it's almost like somebody on the inside is trying to land today in the gutter.

i stopped watching after decades when they screwed ann curry over.

it's been one pitiful thing after another ever since.

Disgusting! I agree, The Today Show is not what it used to be. I lost a lot of respect for Matt Lauer after the Ann Curry debacle. I believe he had everything to do with that. But choosing to interview, of all people, Kris Jenner when they should have been offering a moment of silence for the 9/11 anniversary is too much! They even announced it over the paging system at my work today at 8:46 AM and we all stopped working to remember the victims. Unbelievable!

so, my question is ... who are the people who skipped the moment of silence to watch the interview?

networks are going to do what they think their viewers want

I don't watch morning tv but if I did, I'd be switching too (plus I thought them firing Ann Curry was idiotic - love her!)

Living in Australia, I have never seen one episode of their show, nor heard ONE of them speak about anything, yet I am still saturated and bombarded by these publicity seekers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back