MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 Mar 2011 media/timeline thread

Police seek info on man missing since 2011

Posted: Sep 07, 2012 1:14 PM EDT Updated: Sep 07, 2012 1:31 PM EDT

By Tom Plahutnik, Web Editor/Producer - email

BUENA VISTA TOWNSHIP, MI (WNEM) -
The Buena Vista Township Police Department is investigating a case of missing persons that stretches back to 2011.

Authorities said in November, the family of Eric Franks filed a missing report with the Archbold Police Department in Ohio, because Franks had not been seen or heard from for several months.

Investigators learned that Franks went to Saginaw, MI, and met with an estranged girlfriend who is the mother of Franks' child. Franks checked into the Miller Motel in Bridgeport sometime in late 2010 and stayed for about five months.

Police said Franks then checked out on March 21, 2011, and has not been seen or heard from since...

http://www.wnem.com/story/19484739/police-seek-info-on-man-missing-since-2011

The Buena Vista Township Police Department is investigating a case of missing persons that stretches back to 2011.

Authorities said in November, the family of Eric Franks filed a missing report with the Archbold Police Department in Ohio, because Franks had not been seen or heard from for several months.

Investigators learned that Franks went to Saginaw, MI, and met with an estranged girlfriend who is the mother of Franks' child. Franks checked into the Miller Motel in Bridgeport sometime in late 2010 and stayed for about five months.

Police said Franks then checked out on March 21, 2011, and has not been seen or heard from since...

The former girlfriend told family and Ohio police that she last saw Eric in April 2011 in front of her house with completely different circumstances. After I spoke with the owner of the motel where Eric stayed and found out Eric did not check himself out and reported that to the MI police, her story changed. The motel owner has always told the same story. Eric came in on March 14, 2011 and paid a week's rent and stayed a couple of nights. Then his former girlfriend came alone on March 21st and removed Eric's things. He said she actually came on two days and removed things. He said Eric was not with her. He said he asked her where Eric was and she said he got a job and an apt. and would not be back. She turned the room key in and collected the refund, according to the motel owner.

Family would have reported Eric missing earlier, but he said he was moving to a rural area where reception was not good. So when phone calls became emails, we weren't concerned at first. He was getting to know his daughter ,keeping me informed and sending pictures of her. When all contact ceased, family called Eric's former girlfriend and the motel owner and the police.

Have police ever identified the I.P. Address the emails were coming from? Or made access to the email to see who else was sending or receiving emails to or from that account?

Have police ever identified the I.P. Address the emails were coming from? Or made access to the email to see who else was sending or receiving emails to or from that account?
Not that I know of. I know they said they could see calls to and from me. I believe they said they couldn't tell about emails . They did check the email that came on Nov. 22, 2011 and it came from a Burger King in Clio, MI., which is half way between FG's former rental house and one of her close relative's place of employment. So, I'm not sure why the other emails are different. Maybe we need to question the police on this again. Thanks.

I actually have a huge list of questions - I'll email you this weekend - then if you haven't asked them yet yourself --- You could?

I have a full copy of the original missing report and even then there are conflicting timelines . Other conflicting statements follow after the case left OH.

Find Eric Lee Franks FB page

Eric Lee Franks age 38 missing from Saginaw MI March 21, 2011

VITAL STATISTICS -
Age at Time of Disappearance: 38 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6ft; 175 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Black hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Both ears pierced; Left big toe was partially cut off and there is no nail.
Dental - full dentures
DNA - profile in NamUs

Car - Bronze 2001 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan OHIO plate EMH4902 Expiration year 2012

CIRCUMSTANCES OF DISAPPEARANCE - Eric Franks has been missing for three years. If he is alive, Eric Franks would be 41 years old, but his family hasn't heard from him in more than three years. Reportedly last seen departing Miller's Motel driving a medium bronze four-door 2001 Chevy Malibu; Eric and his car simply vanished without a trace. That, right now, is the story of Eric Franks, who moved from Ohio to the Bridgeport MI area in late 2010. Eric lived at Miller's Motel in Bridgeport Township. He moved here to be close to his daughter and a former girlfriend. She told police in Ohio that she saw Franks on March 21, 2011, removing his belongings out of his motel room. The motel owner tells a different story about that day. He says he did not see Franks on the date of March 21, 2011. He just saw his girlfriend removing some items from his motel room.

Contact Det/Sgt. Gary Thomas (989) 495-5560 Case number 31-495-13
Michigan State Police Tri-City Post 2402 Salzburg Road Freeland; Michigan 48623
Crime Stoppers Anonymous tip line through the Michigan State Police/Tri-City Post 989-495-5557

Eric Lee Franks NamUs

CUE Center
North American Missing Persons Network
The Charley Project
Project Jason

WS Links
MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21-March-2011
MI-Eric Franks, missing flyer. Mar 21, 2011

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online