MI MI - Robin Jobson, 31, Flint, 7 May 1998

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
jobson_robin.jpg

Robin Lynn Jobson

Jobson went missing from Flint, MI, Genesee County, on May 7, 1998. She was last seen leaving a bar in Flint. Her family thought she had run off to Kentucky with a man she'd been seeing. Robin was 31 years old.

NamUs MP #7551

Doe Network Case File 2635DFMI

The Charley Project - Robin Jobson

Facebook - Robin Jobson

Recenlty, Robin has been mentioned as a match to "Amethyst Doe" Doe Network Case File 2635DFMI
in the Unidentified Forum.

TX TX - Gray County, WF, 33-45, NamUs 3537, "Amethyst Doe", 08/05/99 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

missie1343 I think it is important to name and locate this man from Kentucky. Being the last person who saw her, he must know something. Did he and Robin have mutual friends that could identify him? Did he have a residence where the manager may have his ID? LE should know something!!! He could be in jail and willing to talk. Who knows.

I emailed you, I do not know his name I believe he was questioned.

I found it interesting that het family hypothesized that she "ran off" with a man that was originally from Kentucky. That's terminology that you would usually associate to a teenager, not a 31 year old woman. Was her intellectual or emotional capacity more like a teenagers that would make her prone to such impetuous behavior? Had she "run off" before? Why? What or who would she run from? Had she lived a hard life?

She would come and go without notice but never for a very long period of time. I don't think she was run away from anything but could just up and leave it wasn't like family would hear from her daily to know something was up right away.

Thanx for that info.misse. sounds like the last man she was seen with has some serious questions to answer. Did he take a poly and pass?

From detective:

There were rumors, on the street, that Robin may have been hidden in a house. I assisted in searching 1418 E. Hamilton twice before it was demolished and a third time as it was being taken down. I also had the support of a K-9 but nothing was located.

I wonder why they thought that house? From google maps there appears to be many abandoned buildings.

Well, it's good to know the detective was thorough. Sounds like he wanted to make darn sure nothing was lost when the house was demolished.

I wonder what we can find out about the neighborhood. Was it a high crime area? Did it have a reputation for any particular activity? Anyone else go missing from there? I'll try to check that out.

From detective:

There were rumors, on the street, that Robin may have been hidden in a house. I assisted in searching 1418 E. Hamilton twice before it was demolished and a third time as it was being taken down. I also had the support of a K-9 but nothing was located.

I wonder why they thought that house? From google maps there appears to be many abandoned buildings.

Do we know if the K-9 "alerted" but they didn't find anything? Those dogs are amazing at what they can detect. Not to be gruesome, but was it a cadavar dog?

I had never heard of this missing person and I've lived my whole life in or near Flint. I saw E. Hamilton mentioned. My husband and I have a volunteer job near there and I know a man who has lived on that street his whole life and still does. He pretty much knows who lives where, who the gang members are, which houses are the drug houses, etc. I wonder if he's heard of this missing woman.

Channel 12 TV news in Flint has her missing info on their web page, posted this past Friday.

Nvm I found it that was me :) I just made a quick facebook updating it with any info I can find.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back