746 users online (108 members and 638 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

IN - Charles Howard, 16, commits suicide by OD, mom charged, 11 July 2012

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime...ide?hpt=ju_bn5

Sabrina Howard, 40, of Muncie is charged with neglect of a dependent and causing suicide, both Class B felonies. Police say she knew her son had taken her pills, yet she did nothing about it until it was too late.

In January she took the teen to the emergency room because he was acting suicidal. Doctors recommended checking the teen into a mental health facility. Police say Howard ignored the advice and took her son home. The Indiana Department of Child Services documented the decision.

“It's kind of a sad situation. This kid cried out for help. Mom didn't answer that cry for help. It may have been because of her drug lifestyle," said Cook.

Poor, poor kid.

Charles's obituary.

http://www.parsonmortuary.com/obits/...hoto&id=189803

There's alot of happy pictures of this young man at this link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

So effectively she caused his death by her own drug use, and also by not getting him help. Over 30 xanax and pain pills on top of it. This poor kid meant business and his mother of all people should have known that.

So according to the article relatives knew what this young man was going through yet they did nothing. It's so sad when everyone around a child fails them. Why wasn't he taken away from the mother by CPS?

You know, sometimes someone can be depressed and suicidal and you do everything you possibly can to keep that person alive and it fails. In this case, no one did anything, and because of that this young man is dead. It should have been his mother.

I'm sorry if I offend anyone with that comment but I'm just so sick of drug addicted parents, negligent parents, abusive parents.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    So according to the article relatives knew what this young man was going through yet they did nothing. It's so sad when everyone around a child fails them.
    It is sad. My heart breaks for this child. Honestly when it comes down to it people just do not want to get involved or think they can't or actually protect the parent. This poor kid lived in constant fear he'd find his own mother dead.

Also we are still so backward when it comes to mental health care. The young man was screaming for help in his own way. So often people figure it's a phase or they want to keep it in a family secret so nobody is stigmitized. This is what happens when they do.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/l...-son-s-suicide

Sabrina Howard was never formally charged with causing her son's suicide, rather she was charged with neglect.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.