823 users online (166 members and 657 guests)  

Websleuths News

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Metro Detroit

Kathy Bates Undergoes Double Mastectomy

Kathy Bates Undergoes Double Mastectomy After Breast Cancer Diagnosis
    Gina Serpe, eonline
    Seconds ago

While the 64-year-old Oscar winner only recently opened up about her hard-fought battle with ovarian cance r (a battle she won nine years ago), Bates has now revealed that she has subsequently undergone a double mastectomy after being diagnosed with breast cancer over the summer...

"My family call me Kat because I always land on my feet and thankfully this is no exception," she said

This quote above is from the article...speaks volumes...What a BEAUTIFUL woman!!!
    "The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them."
    ★★★★★ ღ♥Lois McMaster Bujold♥ღ ★★★★★

Glasgow, Scotland
    Thank you for posting this. I hope she will be ok cancer is a terrible thing and it's terrible it has happened twice to her. She is a great actress and I love the film Misery.

High on Hummingbird Hill
    Ha! My mom calls me Kathy Bates because I remind her of the character in Misery. Wait lol
    Honestly, I'm not that mean.
    Bless the beasts and the children
    For in this world they have no voice,
    They have no choice.

I’ve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, keep me here.

Oh I love Kathy Bates!!!! Hope she lives many more years!

Eugene, Oregon, United States
    My mother just had a mastectomy, radiation, and chemo. The worst part of a breast CA diagnosis is that you feel fine. One day you're healthy, you have a mammogram, and the next day you're a patient. I wish Ms. Bates a speedy recovery.

North Alabama
    Kathy Bates is my favorite actress. I hope she makes a full and speedy recovery!

Dumpwater, Arkansas..LOL

I wish her the best!
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums. If I wanted to posted on other forums, I would do it myself. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated in this matter.

Bright Blessings and a speedy recovery are wished for Ms. Bates. Huge fan of this huge talent.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

Emmy Award Winners - September 15, 2012

Guest Actress In A Comedy Series | Kathy Bates, Two and a Half Men

Read More at: http://tvline.com/2012/09/15/emmy-aw...paign=referral

Congrats Kathy!
    KINDLY NOTE: Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy any post made by me.
    Further, my posts are merely my humble opinion unless otherwise supported by a linked source for back-up.
    Thank you.

"It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - Henri Poincare

She is such a great person I am told.
    A friend of mine had the pleasure of being on a set wth her and they went shopping in my small town.
    Funny not a soul recognized her as she was as plain and normal as any woman.
    My thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!
    Fight like heck Ms. Bates!!!
    Laughter is the best medicine and she will be laughing I am sure! after she cries.........
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........