1245 users online (233 members and 1012 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

BSL - PSYCH EVAL, 08 Aug 2012 (released 09-12-12)

A psychological evaluation of Brandon Scott Lavergne, the man convicted in August of killing Mickey Shunick and Lisa Pate, reveals he was hospitalized at age 15 for treatment of anger and depression and has a history of physical abuse and molestation.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article...text|FRONTPAGE

BSL Psychological Report, downloadable PDF

A day after Brandon Scott Lavergne led investigators to the body of Mickey Shunick in exchange for his life, the 33-year-old registered sex offender and convicted killer of two Acadiana women told a criminal psychologist that he was subjected to “chronic childhood physical abuse” by his adoptive father and “multiple instances of molestation by a teenaged female babysitter” as a toddler.

http://www.theind.com/news/indreport...oubled-history

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bessie; 09-12-2012 at 08:03 PM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Mr. Lavergne's clinical profile is suggestive of an extroverted, over active, impulsive and selfindulgent
    individual. Patients with similar profiles are usually seen as hostile and superficial.
    Fluctuating morals and poor conscience development are common. Quite impulsive, they show
    poor judgement, often acting without considering the consequences of their acts, and they fail to
    learn from experience. They harbor intense feelings of anger and hostility, and these feelings get
    expressed in occasional emotional outbursts. Similar patients typically show flagrant excesses in
    their search for pleasure and self-stimulation. Suspiciousness, distrust, brooding, and resentment
    may be characteristic.
    No surprises here.
    Last edited by bessie; 09-12-2012 at 08:05 PM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Does anyone think it's odd that in the psych evaluation, Brandon noted having suicidal thoughts as recently as May 2012?
    Okay, so he had thoughts of suicide prior to murdering Mickey... But not after? Did his depression end after he got a taste of killing again or what?

Just very strange to me.
    I wonder if he had those "suicidal thoughts" when he wasn't able to soothe his want to kill someone.

Also, he was "Tearful" when thinking of events that lead to his arrest.
    Rather than "tearful" thinking of murdering Mickey, and describing so to the family.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanMetTheSky View Post
    Does anyone think it's odd that in the psych evaluation, Brandon noted having suicidal thoughts as recently as May 2012?
    Okay, so he had thoughts of suicide prior to murdering Mickey... But not after? Did his depression end after he got a taste of killing again or what?

Just very strange to me.
    I wonder if he had those "suicidal thoughts" when he wasn't able to soothe his want to kill someone.

Rather than "tearful" thinking of murdering Mickey, and describing so to the family.
    Suicidal ideation in the period preceding Mickey's murder could be an indicator of his emotional state that led to the killing. With certain serial criminals, episodes of emotional turmoil, high stress and depression trigger the crimes. This goes along with the snip I posted earlier regarding impulsiveness, harbored anger, emotional outbursts, and a disconnect between actions and consequences. IMO
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

As an RN who worked at Whitfield MS (State Psychiatric Hospital), I worked on a child and adolescent unit with kids 5-17. I say that to say this..... I worked with kids who were burned with cigarettes by their parents, beat, verbally abused, sexually abused..... Some kids were truly psychotic but they were the worst of the abused. They were there for murdering parents or grandparents during a psychotic episode.
    The other children that were "beat" and molested by step parents or boyfriends of mothers.... They acted out sexually and did bizarre things (ie killed or tortured animals).
    A great number of the kids are now functioning well in society.
    So all this leading to my opinion on his psych eval.
    1. I truly believe he is every bit as bizarre as it sounds.
    2. I think what happens to us as children marks us for our future but the future doesn't have to be filled with heartless hatred.
    3. If Brandon is this screwed up now from his childhood, then he had to have been showing MAJOR trouble/warning signs as a pre-teen/teen. It didn't just click at 15. I think those records of previous therapy and/or evals would truly be enlightening.
    4. These kinds of people are the reason I'm such a huge advocate for children in general. In many cases I personally dealt with, the kids had family that loved them (extended often) but it was not about feeling unloved... They were in effect trained not to feel anything towards anyone. A defense mechanism if you will.... BUT even they were able over time to be rehabilitated.
    5. Being adopted is no excuse and shame on the "adoptive mother" for that even coming up! My daughters are adopted and come hades or high water they are MY children. You raise kids and love them and teach them that being adopted makes them special in God's eyes bc they were hand selected not shunned for being different!?!? In other words, we are a product of our environment to a degree. My thoughts are once a person gets to the point of feeling NOTHING.... The psych eval we are reading with BSL is just a photo copy of some other evil deviant's eval.

As my Dad would say: When the tailgate drops the BS stops!

Time to drop the tailgate..... Like every other serial killer we have read about... Once they cross the line ... They don't feel anything BAD if anything at all.... It's evil and Satan at work... No ifs ands or buts about it.

He's emotionless and heartless and probably lying in his cell trying to figure out how to get his next sadistic "1 up" game going.

Piece of work this one!!!
    Nothing surprising at all though.... Read it once... Read it a million times! Same story different page.

On a more sleuth worthy note... I sent his eval to a criminal profiler that had reviewed this case and had said she would like to see what a psych eval would say.... So I forwarded it to her and asked for her professional take on the matter. I will post as soon as I get a response!
    You can go through something horrible without being defined by it. "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what IS that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Romans 12:2

Exclamation Poor Mickey, not poor Brandon

RN2Mom: Thank you for your input! I am with you on the "The psych eval we are reading with BSL is just a photo copy of some other evil deviant's eval."

I wonder how long it took BSL to reveal his "alibi" aka psyche eval. with the Clinical psychologist. (one session or more?) Like his cold, calculated maneuvers to perform his evil acts, he has had plenty of time to prepare a plan of action should he ever get caught.

Because something horrible may have happened to him in his past, that does not give him a free pass to "one up it" in his future - shame on him!

RN2Mom: Would a child know/remember molestation at such a young age of 3 yrs old? Just curious
    just trying to make sense out of all of this

Quote Originally Posted by OceanMetTheSky View Post

Just very strange to me.

Very interesting! Did it say he was suicidal before abducting Mickey? I didn't see where they gave a timeline other than to say May.

Is there anyone that can verify his adoptive father was paranoid schizophrenic?

Just bringing this over from Keiosha Felix's thread - Lafayette Police Dept. is asking for the public's help identifying a man in surveillence pictures who may know where missing 15 year-old Duson girl Keiosha Felix is.

http://www.fox44.com/news/sheriff-we...-keiosha-felix

The community came together to help bring Mickey's abductor to light. South Louisiana WS members, please spread the word and get as many people viewing this pic as possible so we can bring Keiosha home!
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

Ninety-nine point nine??

I read the report and kept wondering what the POI (Perceptual Organization Index) on which BSL scored 99.9% was. I looked the phrase up, and it seemed to be terminology that's becoming outdated. Here's what one site (http://www.psychpage.com/learning/li...s_history.html ) said about POI:

This is the second most reliable Index [second to Verbal Comprehension]. The Perceptual Organization Index is a measure of non-verbal and in-the-moment reasoning. It assesses ability to examine a problem, draw upon visual-motor and visual-spatial skills, organize thoughts, create solutions, and then test them. It can also tap preferences for visual information, comfort with novel and unexpected situations, or a preference to learn by doing.

I find this interesting in a creepy way. Could this mean that the situations he created in his criminal activities presented interesting and ultimately satisfying challenges for him? If so, what a waste of a talent that could have been put to productive uses.

Any psych experts out there that can shed more light on this?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    Suicidal ideation in the period preceding Mickey's murder could be an indicator of his emotional state that led to the killing. With certain serial criminals, episodes of emotional turmoil, high stress and depression trigger the crimes. This goes along with the snip I posted earlier regarding impulsiveness, harbored anger, emotional outbursts, and a disconnect between actions and consequences. IMO
    So could he have been fighting with mixed emotions regarding his stepfather being ill/in the hospital? I wonder how severe his condition was. I would imagine there was a love/hate relationship there. Especially IF he was abused by him.

Quote Originally Posted by kkdj View Post
    Is there anyone that can verify his adoptive father was paranoid schizophrenic?
    Maybe GarryB or someguy could?

I think one of them said to the best of their knowledge, BSL's adoptive parents never abused him (not that extended family always knows of abuse, but hey). It seems like something that would be easy enough to check up on so I wonder if BSL would be stupid enough to lie about it to the psychiatrist. (Okay, yeah, he probably would be).

I kind of wonder about it because from what I know of adoptions (recently, at least), when a couple is adopting an infant (especially in-high-demand white American infants), adoption agencies will often sleuth the heck out of the adoptive family. I'm not sure how well you can hide paranoid schizophrenia in multiple interviews, home visits, questionarres that may ask about mental health, interviews with your friends & family, etc (I have seen some adoptive couples go through this). Bio-parents are looking for the family that will give their child the best possible life. I probably wouldn't want to send my child to be raised around a paranoid schizophrenic. That doesn't sound like a great environment in which to grow up.

I know of a couple who tried to adopt an infant through a couple of private, faith-based adoption agencies. The husband had dissasociative identity disorder (perviously known as multiple personalities), and the adoption agencies flat-out rejected him when this came to light. They ended up fostering an older child from the state instead of adopting and eventually had their own bio children.

I am not sure if these practices were as common for adoption agencies when BSL was an infant, though. Or if his bio-parents went through an adoption agency or if they knew his adopted parents somehow & arranged the adoption that way.
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

Can onyone verify his abuse stories? Something about his saying that seems so textbook to me.
    Sorry if I already asked

Quote Originally Posted by kkdj View Post
    Can onyone verify his abuse stories? Something about his saying that seems so textbook to me.
    Sorry if I already asked
    Small town, Church Point, knows the stories, kkdj. IMO, without verification here...comments to your post, only qualify as rumor. Hearsay.
    Peace is flowing like a river,
    Flowing out through you and me,
    Spreading out into the desert,
    Setting all the captives free.

In the first paragraph describing his mental status, I find it very telling of his personality and those like him. "though he became tearful when discussing events leading to his arrest." Not tearful over his actions, tearful over getting arrested.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast