686 users online (90 members and 596 guests)  

Websleuths News

MT - Service dog stolen from deaf couple

Missoula County detectives are searching for two people who reportedly stole a deaf couple's service dog.

The couple said the theft occurred over labor day weekend at a camp ground in Lolo.

Missoula County detectives said the suspects' names are Sam and Kim Goodwin. A Craigslist ad about the missing dog says the Goodwins were driving a 1993 blue Chevy pickup with an Oklahoma license plate.
    Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/stat...#ixzz26MhwGaRR
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Georgia, USA
    A beautiful dog!

What kind of low-down-dirty-creep steals a service dog?

Nothing to see here, move along...
    This just hurts my heart.

Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.

Georgia -- Redneck Country
    A wolf hybrid service dog? Wow.

Hate to sound skeptical here about the "service dog" thing BUT this is an 18 month old wolf hybrid, I am sure the dog alerts to various threats however errrm.... The whole "service dog" thing is very loose, and if a person has a disability they can usually get a doctors note to say their dog is a service dog, which allows the dog to enter places dogs usually cannot go.

I have read about folks trying to get their lap dogs listed as service dogs for convenience, so they can take them into restaurants and bars and such.

Years ago I adopted out a young hyper female Doberman rescue to a deaf couple, they could have gotten the dog qualified as a service dog do to the owners disabilities, however you can be sure they were busy taking care of the dog and not the other way around.
    Last edited by Sonya610; 09-15-2012 at 12:06 PM.