GUILTY UK - Catherine Wells-Burr, 23, found dead in burned car, Somerset, 12 Sept 2012

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Brutally murdered down a country lane: Police launch manhunt after body of graduate, 23, is discovered inside a burning car
A graduate whose body was found in a burning car was the victim of a 'tragic and brutal' murder, detectives believe.

The remains of business analyst Catherine Wells-Burr, 23, were discovered in a Ford Focus by firefighters on Wednesday morning.

Crews had been called to reports of a car on fire in a lane in Ashill, off the A358 near Ilminster, Somerset, shortly before 6.30am.

Today Avon and Somerset Police revealed that they were treating the woman’s death as suspicious and a murder inquiry had begun.

Detective Chief Inspector Simon Crisp said: 'This is a tragic and brutal incident in which a young woman has needlessly lost her life.
---
'I would like to appeal to anyone with any information about this incident to get in touch with us no matter how small you think that piece of information may be.'
---
much more, with pictures, at Daily Mail link above

More arrests to follow? A shot in the dark by the Avon and Somerset Constabulary? Or have they really got their woman?

This happened just down the road from me. Community is shocked, this kind of thing is incredibly rare in this part of England.

SO have arrested a woman and two men, released the men, still holding the woman and no name provided for her.

It would help to know who this woman is to try and ascertain if she was someone Catherine knew or had in her sphere in some manner.

Random, known to victim, hard to know.

is LE in UK usually so close to the vest? Is it normal for them not to name the person being held?

Blurb from Daily Mail:
A 32-year-old woman has been arrested in connection with the death of a young business graduate whose body was found in a blazing car.

She was arrested last night on suspicion of murder and currently remains in police custody.

Two men arrested in the investigation of the death of Catherine Wells-Burr, 23, have now been eliminated from this inquiry.
---

The burning car was found around 0630hrs, this doesn't mean the killing took place at that time. Quite frankly, it's just getting light at 0630, wouldn't 0300 have been a better time to burn a car and body with less people to see it?

I'm going down the adultery angle here, angry wife/girlfriend after revenge.

But doesnt she have a boyfriend that she has been going out with since March last year? I believe she worked with him too.

But doesnt she have a boyfriend that she has been going out with since March last year? I believe she worked with him too.

I'm only surmising, but she could also be seeing someone else.

It's very rare for a woman to kill a woman, and there's usually jealousy as a motive.

SO have arrested a woman and two men, released the men, still holding the woman and no name provided for her.

It would help to know who this woman is to try and ascertain if she was someone Catherine knew or had in her sphere in some manner.

Random, known to victim, hard to know.

is LE in UK usually so close to the vest? Is it normal for them not to name the person being held?

British LE don't name suspects on arrest. They will only report age and gender of the suspect. If the suspect is charged, then they are named by LE.

It's usually the media who try and find out who's been arrested.

Police have been granted an extra 36 hours to question whoever this woman is that's been arrested. So magistrates must think the police have something that warrants further questioning.

UPDATED: Today 10:56
Detectives investigating the murder of Catherine Wells-Burr are further appealing to the public for information in relation to her death.

Catherine was found on Wednesday morning in lane off the A358 near Ilminster.

Detective Chief Inspector Simon Crisp said: "Investigations continue into Catherine's death and we are still working to piece together her life.

"I am particularly keen to appeal to the the driver of a dark coloured people carrier that we were believe was travelling from Ilminster to Taunton, past the scene about 6.10am on Wednesday. We believe the car braked at point of the car fire.

"I would also like to speak to anyone who saw a white transit or smaller van or was in a white transit or smaller van that was parked in the vicinity of the scene.

"My final appeal is to members of the public who saw anyone in the area wearing a high visibility jackets, these people may have information that is significant to this investigation."

Detectives have been granted a further 36 hours to question a 32 year old woman arrested on suspicion of murder.

http://www.avonandsomerset.police.u...473&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I see that Catherine attended school in Chard, and now worked in Chard; but cannot find reference to where she was currently living.

Ashill is approx 7 - 8 miles north of Chard.

Was she on her way to work, and what time did she normally arrive at the office?

Would you willingly drive up a no through road?, even if she needed a wee, she would only have been about 15 minutes away from work.

Was she meeting someone? Did she have a lover, did the wife/girlfriend intercept a text (steal his phone because she suspected), and drove to meet her instead.

Just because her family and Rafal think they had a happy partnership, doesn't necessarily make it so.

The 2 arrested men, could be her lover, and a friend he confided in, once Catherine's identity was released, subsequently reported the woman as a suspect.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...inside-burning-car-parked-field.html?ITO=1490

The above link adds more questions, she lived in Chard, and worked in Chard. Rafal aged 31 also worked at the same company.

If they were living together would they have not gone to work together?

Why was she 7 - 8 miles away?

Did they work different shifts? Had she dropped him off and then went somewhere - too early for shopping.

The link you posted Saturn says she lived with her parents in Chard. So, maybe she had been at the location she was found all night, meeting someone there late the night before? It would be interesting to know where Rafal lived.

Well, the 36 hours of extra custody allowance has been and gone - but I can find no new news on this one.

Anyone else got an update?

Can't seem to find anything on this woman, no fb page, wondering if the spelling is wrong. Also curious as it looks like a Polish name, is Catherines boyfriend Polish/eastern european?

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back