1069 users online (248 members and 821 guests)  

Websleuths News

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

World's Tallest Dog

Not sure where else to post this:

Guinness World Records 2013 lists Michigan dog as world's tallest, 44 inches foot to shoulder

'Zeus' from Ostego stretches to 7-foot-4 when standing on hind legs

Published On: Sep 13 2012 12:44:57 PM EDT

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/G...5/-/index.html

Holy frickin heck, would not like to take them for a walk

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; The point is to discover them.

Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder

Sentence - LIFE Without Parole

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Another article with video

September 13, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Great Dane from Michigan is world's tallest dog
    By Associated Press

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz26NDLryT7

One of my employees has a great dane that's only a puppy and is HUGE! He goes to day care every day while she's at work (I think he'd eat her couch if left home alone). They drop him off at my store every night for the last hour she works. She has a collapsable crate that takes up almost our entire office. He eats the equivalent of an entire chicken everyday.
    "Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

All statements made by me are based on my opinion.

awwww, in his pic he looks so thin. i wonder if that's normal for the breed?

He ousted Giant George? GG will be devastated!

Quote Originally Posted by amandab View Post
    awwww, in his pic he looks so thin. i wonder if that's normal for the breed?
    The dog doesn't look healthy to me.

That is one BIG OLE DOG! I read on FB that they feed him 30lbs of food every two weeks. And he's still that skinny!?!?

I imagine it's hard to put weight on him...Danes tend to have very high metabolisms.

He's huge. Just huge. I had considered a dane before getting Gracie, but went with Gracie because I've always wanted a Newf.

She's big, just measured her at 26 inches tall, with a head circumference of 26.5 inches, weighing in at 142. She's healthy, and while she may grow a tad more (she won't be two until December), she will be nowhere as large as Zeus.

What a cool dog, Zeus is. He gets along better with cats than does Gracie, too. LOL.

Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.

Yowza, that is one big dog! Where does he sleep? Who walks him?

He looks like he needs more of a Mastiff diet. A couple of baked chickens a day and a big bowl of cooked oatmeal (with chicken drippings to make it palatable) along with his dog food. A couple of briskets or roasts the next day, etc.. Geez, I couldn't afford the dog food for this guy!

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.