1153 users online (228 members and 925 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

GA - Ivy Merck, 24, Kingsland, August 2012 - #3

Ivy Dawn Merck, a Camden native and University of Georgia graduate, was listed as missing after her father, Steven Merck, told police in Athens that his daughter never arrived home in Kingsland last Thursday.

Ivy Merck's name and a description of her car, a dark green 2008 Honda CRV, were entered into law enforcement's statewide computer system this week. Her license place number is AYZ-5912.

http://www.tribune-georgian.com/arti...pstory8.29.txt

Thread #1

Thread #2
    Last edited by KateB; 04-26-2015 at 05:00 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

GA - Ivy Merck, 24, Kingsland, August 2012 - #3

Please continue here.

Please show Ivy's family the respect and compassion they deserve as they search for their daughter/sister/loved one.

Remember - this is about finding Ivy.

Thank you,

Salem

Not that I am any less concerned about Ivy, but I think I am going to refrain until we hear from either her family or LE that they are actively seeking help at this time. I am really hating that this case makes me feel like Gladys Kravitz...
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Not that I am any less concerned about Ivy, but I think I am going to refrain until we hear from either her family or LE that they are actively seeking help at this time. I am really hating that this case makes me feel like Gladys Kravitz...
    I'm right there with you. I'm going into lurk mode for a while. If new info becomes available and I feel like I have anything to add, I'll speak up at that point... but for now, I think I'll just watch from a distance to see what happens. I have nothing further to contribute at this point.

The mystery of Ivy’s disappearance, reminds me of Agatha Christie, who went missing under eerily similar circumstances.

Why she disappeared, no-one really knows, but she appears to have been under extreme stress at the time. Her husband had just asked her for a divorce and her mother had recently died.

The good thing, is that she was eventually found, and went on to live a happy and very productive life

Agatha Christie went upstairs to kiss her daughter goodnight. Then, at 9:45 p.m., she got into car and drove away. Later the vehicle was found abandoned several miles from home, with many of Agatha’s personal belongings strewn about inside. There was no sign of Agatha herself however. Immediately a huge search was mounted, and the case attracted tremendous attention from the media as well as various public figures, including the Home Secretary. As if the line between mystery novel and reality was not blurry enough, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was sought out to consult on the case as was mystery writer and Dorothy L. Sayers.

Agatha’s husband Archie meanwhile, who had been away for the weekend with his girlfriend, became the object of tremendous scorn and suspicion, with members of the public alternately conjecturing that he had done his wife in, or driven her to suicide.

But 11 days later Agatha Christie was found, alive, at the Harrogate Hydropathic Hotel. Most curious of all, she had registered herself under a name patterned after her husband's mistress. According to a public statements made by police and family, Agatha was allegedly suffering from amnesia. Agatha herself never commented publicly on the event, and nowhere in her autobiographies is it mentioned. Christie enthusiasts and biographers continue to puzzle over the incident therefore. Was it a publicity stunt to raise book sales, as the police suspected? Or perhaps it was an attempt to embarrass her husband and ruin his weekend tryst with mistress Nancy Neele, as suggested by biographer Jared Cade ( Agatha Christie and the Eleven Missing Days, 1999).

There are even those who claim her tale of amnesiac confusion was legitimate, that she’d had a particularly severe nervous breakdown (Agatha Christie: The Finished Portrait, 2006, Dr. Andrew Norman). A fictionalized 1979 film treatment of the subject, Agatha, starring Dustin Hoffman and Vanessa Redgrave even portrayed a confused Christie held virtual prisoner at Harrogate, receiving shock treatments to alter her mental state. Although speculation continues, many believe her novel Unfinished Portrait (1934), written as Mary Westmacott, gives clues to the emotional turmoil she was experiencing prior to her disappearance. In it a woman writer, remarkably similar to the real life Christie, is driven to the edge of suicide by the shock of her husband’s demand for divorce.

http://www.nndb.com/people/583/000026505/

[

"Gladys Kravitz" thanks I could use the chuckle.

Here Super Mod sets up a thread for us and we decide to go into mute mode. LOL and quite understandable.

Good night folks, maybe we will all be pleasantly surprised tomorrow, Ivy's Birthday.

Seeing as thread 2 is temporarily/permanently gone, I thought I'd reiterate a point I had made several pages back.

Folks have been chatting about the potential release of surveillance video in connection with this case. I think it is important to mention that, if something is going to be released, it has a good chance of coming out tomorrow afternoon.

Hope everyone who is going into "lurk mode" will join us again when/if developments come forth!

I love hurricanes. I know, it's a horrible thing to say, people have died, and so much is lost and destroyed... And I will always have tears in my eyes when I think of New Orleans. But, truth be told, I love hurricanes. I have family that lives on the coast, and as soon as there is a hint of one coming, I try and visit. I love the sea, I love to watch the waves, and when the wind starts to drive it... It just gets me excited, and makes me feel more alive.
    I tend to be an introvert, and I have experienced painful depression in my younger days. So, in some ways, I could see running to the "eye of the storm" to relieve some of my angst. But the longer the silence goes on, the more frightening the silence becomes. Ivy, I hope you come home soon. No matter how it feels now, it can, and will, get better.
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans. J. Lennon NYC

I had to google who that was, but when I did I LOL'ed. I remember her!

-Beth In Alaska

Gladys is one of the few, if not only, mortal characters to see through Samantha and Darrin's ruse. She clearly knows that there is something strange going on, even if she is not entirely sure of the source of the oddities.

Gladys Kravitz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so well spoken; know how you feel......
    Last edited by KateB; 04-26-2015 at 05:01 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    "Something's not right with that girl" - Jose Baez during Opening Statement

My post may only be used on Websleuths. Thanks.

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    I, too was doing sme catching up in Ivys thread #2(as I've stood back most of this week just letting it unfold..or what I had hoped would unfold)..anyhow in my catching up I thought that I did read about someone referencing there actually being a new, updated flier for Ivy..that possibly contained newly released info/details...????

Did I understand that correctly and if so does anyone know where I could see and read this new flier for Miss Ivy?

TIA
    The quickest way to become a fool is to argue with one..

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
    I, too was doing sme catching up in Ivys thread #2(as I've stood back most of this week just letting it unfold..or what I had hoped would unfold)..anyhow in my catching up I thought that I did read about someone referencing there actually being a new, updated flier for Ivy..that possibly contained newly released info/details...????

Did I understand that correctly and if so does anyone know where I could see and read this new flier for Miss Ivy?

TIA
    There is a flyer on a relative's FB page (I think she is a relative?) that says she was last seen at Deerfield Mall on the 24th...that is all we know. Not known if confirmed by video, or at all.
    Just my opinion, of course.

I couldn't stand it! I had to come back to ask ...does anyone think it odd that If there is a video that it MIGHT be released tomorrow afternoon? Ivy's birthday. I wonder if they have met with the profiliers and this was suggested thinking that Ivy has access to the media and this may be an effective time for the release.

Quote Originally Posted by yathink View Post
    I couldn't stand it! I had to come back to ask ...does anyone think it odd that If there is a video that it MIGHT be released tomorrow afternoon? Ivy's birthday. I wonder if they have met with the profiliers and this was suggested thinking that Ivy has access to the media and this may be an effective time for the release.

Please let me clarify. In reference to my last post, I was referring to the tactic LE uses in releasing news to the media. They like to do it on Friday afternoons before people are heading home for the weekend. It is speculated they do this to avoid questioning.

http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/st...academic.shtml

Why was Ivy's name included in an article published out of Jacksonville back in 2006? It looks like only two students listed are from Georgia high schools.

She was named an ALL-STAR along with others profiled with impressive plans for their futures.

Did something interfer with Ivy's plans, her future goals? What and why?

Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast