University of Texas (Austin)/NDSU orders evacuation of all buildings due to threats.

@#&*# my son goes to school there and lives a block from campus! Thank you for this info.

@#&*# my son goes to school there and lives a block from campus! Thank you for this info.

You're welcome. Hopefully it will turn out to be nothing. My nephew goes there too.

Rumors are that a middle-eastern man with an accent called in a bomb threat.

The Associated Press ‏@AP
BREAKING: University of Texas says threat came from man claiming to have placed bombs all over campus

couldn't reach my son...got ahold of his gf and she says that UT is texting that it was a phone threat and students have been told to get away from the perimeter of campus...she thinks my son is asleep since he doesn't have classes this morning.

Including North Dakota State U now:

A bomb threat has prompted a complete evacuation Friday morning of North Dakota State University in Fargo, campus police announced in an emergency alert.

"NDSU is requiring all employees and students to leave campus by 10:15 a.m.," the alert reads. "This includes residence hall students, who, if necessary, should walk to locations off campus."

The alert added that the evacuation also covers the school's downtown buildings and agricultural facilities.

The alert gave no details about the bomb threat, adding that more information would be released later.

http://www.startribune.com/local/169772846.html?refer=y

The Associated Press ‏@AP
BREAKING: North Dakota State U. orders all employees, students off campus after receiving bomb threat

GF says she will call me as soon as they text the all clear...and she hasn't texted or called yet.

However, FOX news is reporting the window of the threat has passed...

A follow-up Tweet from the school indicated police were going building-to-building to look for any suspicious devices. A decision on afternoon classes and activities had not been reached. The next update was expected to be issued at 10:45 a.m.

The university's initial warning about the incident read, "Evacuation due to threats on campus. Immediately evacuate ALL buildings and get as far away as possible. More information to come."

UT released this official statement to the media:

"At 8:35 a.m. the university received a call from a male with a middle eastern accent claiming to have placed bombs all over campus. He said he was with Al Qaeda and these bombs would go off in 90 minutes. President Powers was notified and it was decided to evacuate all of the buildings out of an abundance of caution."

http://www.khou.com/news/UT-Austin-evacuates-buildings-due-to-threats-169771316.html

This is just freakin' crazy...how many more are going to be threatened? :doh:

Makes me wonder if they are flooding LE and various campuses with fake threats, and the real threat is somewhere else. If everybody's watching campuses, who's watching everywhere else?

Oh, look, it seems I have been infected with post-9/11 paranoia, LOL.

t was unknown whether the threat had any relation to bomb threats Friday morning that forced the evacuation of the University of Texas and North Dakota State University campuses.

The alert advised student that additional security presence will be on site and visible during the break, which begins at 11:15 a.m. every day.

###

A statement from the university said the Valparaiso University police, local authorizes and the FBI investigated the threat. Neither officers nor dogs found anything suspicious.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_4b4f1249-6c80-5031-9be9-02d3a75b7a10.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back