CA CA - El Cerrito, AsianMale Skeletal 1301UMCA, 40-65, along deer path, Aug'98

DippyBlonder

Reaction score
http://doenetwork.org/cases/1301umca.html

1301UMCA.jpg
1301UMCA1.jpg
1301UMCA2.jpg

Unidentified Asian Male

The victim was discovered on August 22, 1998 in El Cerrito, Contra Costa County, California
Estimated Date of Death: 3-5 years prior
Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 45-60 years old
Distinguishing Characteristics: No hair found.
Clothing: A canvas jacket; a button-down shirt that may have been greenish; jeans; worn leather shoes, ankle-high; a duffel bag, maybe green, with "Hollywood Park" emblazoned on the side. The duffel bag contained nothing. His pockets held a little change, the most recent minted in 1984. A silver digital watch.

Case History

The victim was located in brush along a deer path in an El Cerrito park on August 22, 1998. A hiker ventured through a brushy, steep part of Hillside Natural Area and found the bones a few hundred feet off the path.
The skeleton was mostly intact. Scavengers likely moved the skull a few feet from the body. Detectives at the time found no obvious cause of death or anything that identified the victim. Nor do they know what drew him to that particular spot, or what conveyed him there. People mostly go up there for the panoramic view of the Bay.
They checked all missing-person cases throughout the Bay Area that bore even casual similarity to the body, and also registered it in a national database. Police also searched the scene intensively, even called in the Mount Diablo Metal Detector Club for help, but found nothing more useful.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/897dmca.html
Noriya Kanemoto

1301UMCA1.jpg
NKanemoto.jpg

Missing since August 29, 1984 from San Francisco, San Francisco County, California. Right time, 42 miles away.

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: May 5, 1928
Age at Time of Disappearance: 56 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 140 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Asian male. He is Japanese. Black hair; brown eyes.
Clothing: Brown Jacket, blue jeans, black shoes, waist size 32, chest size, 36, shoe size 7d, style, Redwing.
Dentals: Not available

Has anyone submitted Noriya Kanemoto? Because I noticed from his Namus profile that apart from having the right age, ethnicity, place and timeline he also wore jeans in the same size as JD's (32 in). It also says that he wore black Red Wing shoes when he disappeared and Red Wing certainly makes the kind of shoes they found on the John Doe:

John Doe's shoes:
2zxnkus.jpg

Red Wing, "Postman" model:
au79f9.jpg

I agree someone should call it in. its worth a look.

Someone call this in and keep us updated; if I don't see that it's been done by next week, I'll call it in.

This should be quick and easy. Excellent sleuthing!!!!

Can you please submit him, astridxx? I have no idea how you submit someone on NamUs and I only just submitted someone on Doe Network and don't want to become an annoyance there...

Okay, I emailed the NAMUS contact, the police chief of El Cerrito (where body was found), and the San Francisco Police Department - all one email. I linked them to this thread, to Kanemoto's NAMUS page, and the Doe Network page on the UID.

Also, just reviewing the facts again -- good lord. If this isn't him I'll eat my hat.

Skeleton/Kanemoto
Brown Jacket/Canvas Jacket
Jeans/Jeans
Coin Minted in 1984/Missing since 1984
Leather Ankle Shoes/Leather Ankle Shoes

It can't get anymore eerily similar!

Police Chief Keith (El Cerrito) forwarded the information to the detective in charge of the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, astridxx (also for explaining the NAMUS process :) ).

Maybe they'll speed up the DNA testing or can find dentals of Noriya now that they have a possible match.

Thank you, astridxx (also for explaining the NAMUS process :) ).

Maybe they'll speed up the DNA testing or can find dentals of Noriya now that they have a possible match.

Yeah so for submitting possible matches, I always find the email for the NAMUS case admin on the NAMUS page of the case we're looking at. And then I'll check out the contacts listed on the Doe Network or Charley Project pages. If I can't find anything then I'll google the local police department and find their email. :)

So, the UID wasn't Mr. Kanemoto....or we don't know?

I wonder if Mr. Kanemoto has any relatives???

He would have been 93 if he was still alive

What a sad case. Someone must have reported him missing, though? There must be immigration or visa records that give some information about possible family in Japan.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back