Identified! VA - Manassas, Human remains in woods, Sep'12 - William Schaeffer

hollye

Reaction score
Human remains found near Dumfries Road

http://www2.insidenova.com/news/2012/sep/14/2/human-remains-found-near-dumfries-road-ar-2206485/

Landscaping workers found human remains Friday afternoon in a wooded area near the intersection of Dumfries and Manassas Mill roads, off Hastings Drive in Manassas.

human-remains-dumfries-road

This is not real far from where other human remains were found last month. I will try to map their locations.

The map is in my signature. If there are others that should be added, please let me know.

I'm in the general area, and we've been cleaning our woods of storm debris for the past 3 months. We haven't even approached the deepish ravine heading down to the stream. I'm always afraid I'll discover human remains there!

For the first time in my memory, there were workmen down in the culvert last week doing some cleaning. Thank you, Army Corps of Engineers which controls the stream.

Mind you, I live in a development with about 3/4 acre plots. All of them have dense woods. Along I-95 there are dense woods. Travel in any direction, there are dense woods, even in built-up areas. When combined with a fairly dense population, these areas are ideal dumping spots.

I am waiting for all the victims who have been found lately are identified so we can know if any of the deaths are related. I do know that, in one earlier case, the murder was gang-related.

Mind you, I live in a development with about 3/4 acre plots. All of them have dense woods. Along I-95 there are dense woods. Travel in any direction, there are dense woods, even in built-up areas. When combined with a fairly dense population, these areas are ideal dumping spots.

I hate the woods for that EXACT reason: murderers hang out there. The woods, for me, are TERRIFYING.

Lots of heavy woods all up and down the east coast -- but I'm more worried about bears than murderers most of the time...

not sure a murderer had anything to do with this man's death according to that article. people do die of natural causes when they are out of their homes. homeless people die of natural causes in their makeshift homes.

not sure a murderer had anything to do with this man's death according to that article. people do die of natural causes when they are out of their homes. homeless people die of natural causes in their makeshift homes.

That particular area/intersection is too populated for someone to be homeless at and not get chased off from. There's an apartment complex on adjacent corners, houses on the other corner and a strip mall on the other. It gets A LOT of traffic. Then again, it's a stupid place to dump a body, too. Maybe he was drunk and stumbled home (though the closest bar aside from the old Chinese restaurant is 2-3 miles away in Old Town Manassas) and just laid down and died. Who knows.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back