Deceased/Not Found OR - Maria Bolanos-Rivera, 56, Hillsboro, 26 Aug 2012 *E. Vasquez-Santiago guilty*

nursebeeme

Reaction score
Maria Bolanos-Rivera woke up early on Aug. 26, a Sunday morning. She drank some hot chocolate and ate a piece of bread. She got in the shower and then combed her curly, black hair and secured it into a low braid behind her neck that hung just beyond her shoulders. She put on some lotion.

Dressed in a light-weight sweatshirt, jeans and white Nike sneakers that afternoon, Bolanos-Rivera turned to her 22-year-old daughter, Nancy Mendez, who lives with her. "I'll see you later," she said and walked out of her Hillsboro home on Southeast Walnut Street.

Oddly, she didn't tell Mendez where she was going.

The Hillsboro Police Department said investigators are now concerned that foul play could be a factor in her disappearance. Authorities and Bolanos-Rivera's family is urging anyone with information to come forward and tell investigators.

Police have said Bolanos-Rivera could be with 29-year-old Eloy Vasquez, who has short black hair and brown eyes. Bolanos-Rivera knows Vasquez from work, Mendez said, but not well. Vasquez, police said, lives in the Beaverton area and is also gone. Police think he is in California.

and another snip:

Their father, Julian Francisco Mendez Reyes, 45, was found dead on March 13, 1999 in the common bathroom of a Cornelius labor camp off Southwest Nursery Road. He died of a blow to the head, possibly from a baseball bat.

His case remains unsolved. The Mendez family doesn't want their mother's case to be another mystery.

there is much more at this link:
http://www.oregonlive.com/hillsboro/index.ssf/2012/09/children_of_missing_hillsboro.html

to paraphrase more from the above link:
-she does not drive
-she generally stays close to home
-her phone last pinged in the hillsboro area but they cannot locate it
-all calls go to voicemail
-she works at oregon berry packing
-she was reported missing the 28th d/t LE would not accept the report on the 26th.
-she was in a depression after the murder of her husband but had "come out of it"

http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1408

I can say without question I have never read such a detailed missing person article.

At first I thought I was reading an intro to a fiction book. My first thought is does Eloy Vasquez have any familial ties to the family or suspects from her husbands murder?

Has she given up in life and walked away? Does she have an illness that the family isn't aware of and she doesn't want to burden them? I see she has diabetes, was that beginning to impede her daily life? Is she one to carry cash or use a bank?

Does she cash her check or deposit it?(same line of thinking as above)

Does she normally attend Church on Sundays? (that's the last day of the week she was seen) Most of Hispanic cultures are deeply rooted in their Church and families.

Was it unusual for her to just take off like that? It is of concern she doesn't have her medication or wallet.

Thursday was her birthday. Whenever I see this, especially in anyone past middle age, I take it as a hopeful sign that they just walked away to think things over at a milestone in their life.

The article also said it was odd that she didn't tell her daughter where she was going, hopefully, that means that she knew where she was going and didn't want anyone else to know.

On the other hand, there is this guy that they think she was with that is now also gone, the fact that she doesn't seem like the type to disappear on her family, and the fact that she was depressed for so long, then suddenly seemed to be her old self, almost overnight. That is a classic marker for a person that has actually decided to commit suicide. The worry and the stress are gone when the decision is made, therefore, they are more like their old selves.

I hope she's okay. I feel so bad for her family.

:bump:

Bumping for Maria and sending prayers to her and her family.

NamUs Profile

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/17282

Case Information
Status
Missing
First name
Maria
Middle name
Senorina
Last name
Bolanos-Rivera
Nickname/Alias
Date LKA
August 26, 2012 09:00
Date entered
09/03/2012
Age LKA
55 to 55 years old
Age now
56 years old
Race
White
Ethnicity
Hispanic/Latino
Sex
Female
Height (inches)
Weight (pounds)
135.0 to 145.0

Hillsboro woman's death

Doctors have determined Eloy Vasquez-Santiago, accused in the apparent death of a 55-year-old Hillsboro woman, has a "mental disease or defect" that may prevent him from aiding in his defense, court records say.

[snip]

Vasquez-Santiago was arrested Sept. 29 after he turned himself in to authorities at the California-Mexico border. He remains in custody at the Washington County Jail on a murder charge.

A psychological report filed in Washington County Circuit Court last week says the 30-year-old man did not appear during an evaluation to understand the criminal justice system, to have the ability to work with his attorney or to participate in his defense.

More: http://www.oregonlive.com/washingtoncounty/index.ssf/2013/06/bumblebee_deaths_in_hillsboro.html

http://www.bradenton.com/2015/03/12/5687580/man-serves-900-days-in-jail-though.html

A man waiting to testify in an Oregon murder case has been held in jail as a material witness for nearly 900 days, though he has committed no crime... The 59-year-old man has been incarcerated at the Washington County Jail for 897 days, or just shy of two and half years. His bail was set at $500,000.

Prosecutors say Vasquez-Hernandez's testimony is essential to their case, and he probably wouldn't show up to court if released. His elder son, Eloy Vasquez-Santiago, is suspected of killing Maria Bolanos-Rivera of Hillsboro in 2012...

Eloy Vasquez-Santiago's murder trial is scheduled to start Tuesday.

http://www.oregonlive.com/hillsboro/index.ssf/2015/03/hillsboro_murder_case.html#incart_river

It's been more than 2½ years since Maria Bolanos-Rivera last spoke to her children. Prosecutors say that's because the devoted mother left home Aug. 26, 2012, to go on a date and was brutally stabbed to death.

Her love interest, Eloy Vasquez-Santiago, confessed to the killing, Deputy District Attorney Bik-Na Han told Washington County jurors. Vasquez-Santiago's murder trial opened Tuesday...

Following opening statements, testimony from Bolanos-Rivera's children took up much of Tuesday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back