1182 users online (239 members and 943 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OK - Cherri Drake, 4, Delaware County, 10 Sept 2012

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...4_CUTLIN735904

Drake said his daughter, Cherri Drake, was taken from his home Monday without his knowledge or permission. He said his estranged wife, Terri Gordineer, moved out in June and likely took the girl
    Gordineer is a convicted felon with multiple felony charges, including assault and battery and possession of a firearm after a felony conviction, pending in Delaware County. She is accused of beating her 17-year-old stepson in the face with a wrench in an earlier failed attempt to take the girl, court records state
    very bizarre

Littlefield said "it's obvious" that the girl is with her mother, who "has every right to the child."
    sometimes "right" does NOT equal = "acceptable" !! I feel for this Dad so much - wth is wrong with these LE

She sounds like a piece of work...
    Just my opinion, of course.

What a gorgeous little girl... and a train wreck for a mother. She must be so confused and scared right now and probably just wants to go home to her own bed and to watch cartoons with her daddy.
    Whilst being on Websleuths makes me more aware of what evil there is in the world, it also reminds me that the best people are among us as well.

Love you all!

She is accused of beating her 17-year-old stepson in the face with a wrench in an earlier failed attempt to take the girl, court records state.
    Records show that at least two warrants for Gordineer's arrest have been issued in Delaware and Okmulgee counties. She was arrested in August on complaints of aggravated assault and battery in the presence of a child and child endangerment, records show.

Since June, Delaware County prosecutors have charged her in five criminal felony cases: larceny, possession of methamphetamine, bogus checks, concealing stolen property, and the assault and battery case, records show.
    Why does she have every right to have her daughter after doing that?? Can anybody be safe with her?

Exactly, donjeta...I posted this hoping our WS'ers could come up with some helpful things to get LE to treat this differently!

The only thing I question is what made her beat stepson with a wrench to get her daughter??? I mean, I can only think of one reason I would beat anyone like that

Is she just crazy - or was she that desperate to get her daughter out of that house?

A voluntary family agreement signed in August by Department of Human Services investigators said Cherri was to remain in the home with her father "until arrangements can be made for other safe housing/custody
    BBM - this concerns and confuses me.

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    Why does she have every right to have her daughter after doing that?? Can anybody be safe with her?
    You think this would be said if a man/father with the same history took her in this manner??
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by longtallcold View Post
    BBM - this concerns and confuses me.
    Sounds like DHS didn't have enough for a removal so they are/were working on a safety plan. Dad's house may have been the lesser of 2 evils until they could get in contact with other family members and find out of they were OK placements.
    MOO

Do they have any indications where they may be heading?
    Whilst being on Websleuths makes me more aware of what evil there is in the world, it also reminds me that the best people are among us as well.

Love you all!

The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Sounds like there could be a lot more to this story than we are hearing right now. If DHS is considering placing her somewhere other than with either parent, then Dad may not be too stable himself. And who knows what was going on in regards to the 17 y.o.? Mom could have been protecting the child from some kind of abuse by him, for all we know.

I hope the little girl is found safe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast