1404 users online (317 members and 1087 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 69
  1. #1

    Nina's Interview

    In Nina's 2 hour audio interview she stated that the reason Dina did not answer the phone after Max's fall was because she wore earplugs to help her sleep. Nina then alleged that Dina was able to hear the detectives banging on the door later that afternoon even though she purportedly slept on the third floor.

    Nina's description is drastically different from Dina's own confusing admissions to the sequence of events the morning of Max's accident.

    Dina stated in the 'Boy Interrupted" article that she had turned her cell phone off in order to get sleep but powered it on the morning of Max's accident. In her article she made it appear as though she was reading Jonah's text messages about the accident simultaneously when the land line rang. Since Jonah did not purportedly call her on the land line until late afternoon that raises questions about when and how Dina found out about the accident. Did Dina read Jonah's text about it in the morning or did she find out later in the afternoon when the detectives purportedly woke her up?

    There are major discrepancies within Dina's own statements and also in comparison to Nina's story. Between the two women no clear story of that morning can be determined.

    Nina's interview below:
    http://www.cbs8.com/story/15982091/e...mansion-deaths

    Dina's article below:
    http://www.phoenixmag.com/lifestyle/...ull-version/3/

  2. #2

    Why did the AG interview Nina instead of the SDSO?

    Why did the AG interview Nina instead of the SDSO? How did the AG get involved? Who brought them in on the case and why? Was this within standard protocol or evidence of bias? Was there a conflict of interest evident in Rebecca's death investigation?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by freespeech View Post
    In Nina's 2 hour audio interview she stated that the reason Dina did not answer the phone after Max's fall was because she wore earplugs to help her sleep. Nina then alleged that Dina was able to hear the detectives banging on the door later that afternoon even though she purportedly slept on the third floor.

    Nina's description is drastically different from Dina's own confusing admissions to the sequence of events the morning of Max's accident.

    Dina stated in the 'Boy Interrupted" article that she had turned her cell phone off in order to get sleep but powered it on the morning of Max's accident. In her article she made it appear as though she was reading Jonah's text messages about the accident simultaneously when the land line rang. Since Jonah did not purportedly call her on the land line until late afternoon that raises questions about when and how Dina found out about the accident. Did Dina read Jonah's text about it in the morning or did she find out later in the afternoon when the detectives purportedly woke her up?

    There are major discrepancies within Dina's own statements and also in comparison to Nina's story. Between the two women no clear story of that morning can be determined.

    Nina's interview below:
    http://www.cbs8.com/story/15982091/e...mansion-deaths

    Dina's article below:
    http://www.phoenixmag.com/lifestyle/...ull-version/3/
    When people offer details which are not really important, that means that they are usually lying......and as time goes on, and they continue to make more statements in the media, they will add all sorts of additional details.....if this ever gets to a court of law, both of them will destroy themselves on the stand.

  4. #4
    Nina stated she and Dina left to go to the hospital at 4:30 PM on Tuesday, July 12th but then later stated that Jonah left the hospital at 4:00 PM with Howard Luber that same day.

    How long was Max alone at that time? How did she know that Jonah and Howard left? Did Jonah call and tell Dina and then Dina told Nina? What time did Dina and Nina arrive at the hospital if they left at 4:30 PM like she said they did in the interview?

    Nina then stated that she and Dina stayed at the hospital together (no arrival time given). She stated Jonah returned to the hospital a 8:00PM "on the dot", and that she then left Dina and Jonah together alone with Max at 8:55 PM and returned to Dina's house. She stated that she drove Jonah's car (a Honda SUV) back to Dina's house. Nina stated that after arriving at Dina's house she sent Rebecca a text message 9:41 PM but did not receive an answer so she decided to walk over to Rebecca's house.

    Nina stated that she took a 5 minute walk to Rebecca's house at 9:55 PM. When she left Dina's house there were 3 additional people staying there. There was a male and female friend of Dina's who were not a couple and Nina's son. I am wondering why none of these people walked over to Rebecca's house with Nina. Though Nina attempted to represent her son as being young I read somewhere that he was older like maybe over twenty-one but I do not have a link.

    It seems as though if it were me I would have asked someone to go with me. However, that maybe a bogus argument since Nina's purported reason for going over was to get more information. Why didn't Dina simply arrange for Jonah to bring Rebecca to the hospital for a conference with her, Jonah, Nina and the doctors. The reason for Nina going over to Rebecca's house was highly questionable in my opinion especially since the three of them Jonah, Dina and Nina were together at the hospital talking from 8:00 PM to 8:55 PM. Was Jonah aware that Dina asked Nina to question Rebecca? Did he agree to that plan too?
    Last edited by freespeech; 09-15-2012 at 02:19 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    859
    Nina's son, GH.E Jr., graduated from high school in 2010.....so he would have been 19 to 20 last summer.
    Last edited by Salem; 09-16-2012 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Is there a reason you are bringing this person in?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,608

    Dina asked Nina to talk to Rebecca, even beg for answers.

    In the interview 'Boy, Interrupted', Dina points out Max's doctors were still looking for information to explain his cardiac arrest. The doctors told her any information about Max's fall would be helpful. So Dina asked Nina to go talk to Rebecca. Beg her on your hands and knees, if you have to. In Nina's phone interview, she never mentions her sister Dina's request to talk to Rebecca. Nina does mention the doctors were unclear about the cardiac arrest. Nina says her 'sole reason' for walking down there was because Rebecca wouldn't give her any information (referring to the conversation in the car ride from the airport). Nina was an aunt who just wanted answers. Nina never mentions helping the doctors or that Dina asked her to beg Rebecca for details. I'm sure Nina did have her own questions, but why not just say my sister Dina asked me to talk to Rebecca? It was a simple answer. In my opinion it seems like Dina and the conversation with Max's doctors was intentionally left out by Nina. Why?


    Nina - 07:00 mins:
    And at this point - they didn't know what hap - they didn't - the doctor's didn't know if the cardiac arrest came first or if the fall caused the cardiac arrest. They - they didn't know. That was very unclear at by Tuesday. So this is what the nurses were telling me Tuesday. - um so by the time I got back to my sister's that night, I just had this thing in my head I just don't get it - and I said, you know, I'm just gonna go over to her - I'm going to ask Rebecca - can you please show me - like show me where you found him show me how you found him - and then I just wanted to see, like how - show me - where what position. You know I just wanted to see for myself and that's why - (inaudible) it's a very long story - that's why I went there I just wanted her to show me how she found him, because I didn't understand and because she wouldn't tell me,(inaudible) I asked her what happened - she wouldn't give me any information - so my purpose of walking down there and texting her and saying - hey are you around I'd like to come by - was for the sole reason, I was an aunt who was just at the hospital all day with her nephew - seeing him in that condition and saying I just wanted answers - can somebody - please just tell me what happened because I don't understand this. So, that was my reason for going down there -

    http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/...ina_romano.mp3

    Dina - Boy Interrupted:
    Max’s physicians were still looking for clues to explain his cardiac arrest. “I felt like my life was collapsing like a card table,” Dina says. “The doctors said, ‘If you have any information, that would be helpful.’ So I asked Nina to go talk to Rebecca. Beg her on your hands and knees, if you have to. Ask her if there’s anything, anything, that might help Max. Some detail or something she left out [of the police report].”

    http://www.phoenixmag.com/lifestyle/...ull-version/2/

  7. #7

    This is new evidence.

    Quote Originally Posted by *Lash* View Post
    In the interview 'Boy, Interrupted', Dina points out Max's doctors were still looking for information to explain his cardiac arrest. The doctors told her any information about Max's fall would be helpful. So Dina asked Nina to go talk to Rebecca. Beg her on your hands and knees, if you have to. In Nina's phone interview, she never mentions her sister Dina's request to talk to Rebecca. Nina does mention the doctors were unclear about the cardiac arrest. Nina says her 'sole reason' for walking down there was because Rebecca wouldn't give her any information (referring to the conversation in the car ride from the airport). Nina was an aunt who just wanted answers. Nina never mentions helping the doctors or that Dina asked her to beg Rebecca for details. I'm sure Nina did have her own questions, but why not just say my sister Dina asked me to talk to Rebecca? It was a simple answer. In my opinion it seems like Dina and the conversation with Max's doctors was intentionally left out by Nina. Why?

    Nina - 07:00 mins:
    And at this point - they didn't know what hap - they didn't - the doctor's didn't know if the cardiac arrest came first or if the fall caused the cardiac arrest. They - they didn't know. That was very unclear at by Tuesday. So this is what the nurses were telling me Tuesday. - um so by the time I got back to my sister's that night, I just had this thing in my head I just don't get it - and I said, you know, I'm just gonna go over to her - I'm going to ask Rebecca - can you please show me - like show me where you found him show me how you found him - and then I just wanted to see, like how - show me - where what position. You know I just wanted to see for myself and that's why - (inaudible) it's a very long story - that's why I went there I just wanted her to show me how she found him, because I didn't understand and because she wouldn't tell me,(inaudible) I asked her what happened - she wouldn't give me any information - so my purpose of walking down there and texting her and saying - hey are you around I'd like to come by - was for the sole reason, I was an aunt who was just at the hospital all day with her nephew - seeing him in that condition and saying I just wanted answers - can somebody - please just tell me what happened because I don't understand this. So, that was my reason for going down there -

    http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/...ina_romano.mp3

    Dina - Boy Interrupted:
    Max’s physicians were still looking for clues to explain his cardiac arrest. “I felt like my life was collapsing like a card table,” Dina says. “The doctors said, ‘If you have any information, that would be helpful.’ So I asked Nina to go talk to Rebecca. Beg her on your hands and knees, if you have to. Ask her if there’s anything, anything, that might help Max. Some detail or something she left out [of the police report].”

    http://www.phoenixmag.com/lifestyle/...ull-version/2/
    If witness statements are counted as DIRECT EVIDENCE then this post should be moved the gross inconsistencies thread. Imo, the FACT that the major witnesses have given conflicting stories is NEW EVIDENCE. Both cases need to be reopened.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,608

    DOJ Special Agents Interviewed Nina and Dina

    Quote Originally Posted by freespeech View Post
    Why did the AG interview Nina instead of the SDSO? How did the AG get involved? Who brought them in on the case and why? Was this within standard protocol or evidence of bias? Was there a conflict of interest evident in Rebecca's death investigation?
    Great question! Nina and Dina were both interviewed by Special Agents from the Department of Justice. On July 13, 2011, DOJ Special Agent Victor Resendiz and DOJ Supervising Special Agent T. Burtis interviewed the biological mother of Maxfield, Dina Shacknai.

    SPECIAL AGENT POSITION DESCRIPTION:

    Special Agents perform investigations for the Attorney General's legal Divisions, assist district attorneys and local law enforcement in complex multi-jurisdictional investigations and conduct special investigations as directed by the Attorney General in response to the Governor, the Legislature or other state agencies. Additionally, Special Agents conduct investigations involving political corruption and public rights violations, large-scale consumer fraud, homicides, investigate high technology computer crimes, conduct polygraph examinations, apprehend violent career criminals and sexually violent predators, and respond to international child abductions and fugitive apprehension.

    http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/pd...pec_agent.pdf?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,608

    DOJ Text Messaging

    Per Nina's interview, she exchanged text messages with both DOJ agents. Nina, understandably, cancelled her polygraph scheduled for Friday because Max was passing away. Nina could not remember when she cancelled if she left a voicemail or a text message for the DOJ agent. In my opinion, text messaging seems a bit personal.

    CROSSTALK:
    Ok. Umm and then what happened? Was that the last time that you spoke to the cops?

    NINA:
    Umm they they let's see theeey had actually their gentlemen-gentleman, had he actually had sent me a text message and had asked me about my nephew's condition and um they said we are thinking about you we are praying about you and um that kind of thing. Um and

    Later -

    CROSSTALK:
    And then did they ever ask you to do it later or how did that happen or what became of that?

    NINA:
    Um nothing, I left, I left a message for the female, the female agent on her on her voicemail- wait I'm sorry I take that back I might have sent her a text message. I'm sorry I can't remem-that day, that day was like so, I get flustered just thinking about it it was the worst day, the worst day of my life. And I informed her that I couldn't do it and I know she did she did leave me a voicemail with her condolences and if she felt it was necessary then they would contact me back in terms of doing it but it was never necessary, so I never was requested again to do it.

    http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/...ina_romano.mp3

  10. #10

    I wonder...

    Quote Originally Posted by *Lash* View Post
    Great question! Nina and Dina were both interviewed by Special Agents from the Department of Justice. On July 13, 2011, DOJ Special Agent Victor Resendiz and DOJ Supervising Special Agent T. Burtis interviewed the biological mother of Maxfield, Dina Shacknai.

    SPECIAL AGENT POSITION DESCRIPTION:

    Special Agents perform investigations for the Attorney General's legal Divisions, assist district attorneys and local law enforcement in complex multi-jurisdictional investigations and conduct special investigations as directed by the Attorney General in response to the Governor, the Legislature or other state agencies. Additionally, Special Agents conduct investigations involving political corruption and public rights violations, large-scale consumer fraud, homicides, investigate high technology computer crimes, conduct polygraph examinations, apprehend violent career criminals and sexually violent predators, and respond to international child abductions and fugitive apprehension.

    http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/pd...pec_agent.pdf?
    It looks as though doing the interview was within their jurisdiction. I wonder if Gore or Dumanis made the request. Did they ever follow up with Nina and Dina? Does Jonah have personal relationships with Bill Gore, Bonnie Dumanis or Kamala Harris?


  11. #11

    Why doesn't Nina tell what Jonah and her sister said?

    Nina's interview seems to revolve around not being able to get answers from Rebecca. Apparently, she served as Dina's proxy in that regard. I think that was unusual. Why didn't Dina directly ask Rebecca what happened? Maybe even more important is what did Jonah tell Dina? What did Dina tell Nina? What did Jonah tell Adam?

    Jonah was a direct link to Rebecca and yet it seems he avoided her. She apparently had answers that the doctors, Dina and Nina wanted and yet Jonah avoided her except when he purportedly went to dinner with her and Adam. I find that very odd considering how desperate and confused everyone was about Max's injuries.

    Nina also mentioned that Max was in a neck brace. Since the doctors thought Max fell then they automatically knew that there was a possibility of a head or neck injury. The doctors know that with a fall and skull fracture there is always a possibility of spinal cord and/or brain injury which could lead to cardiac arrest.

    I don't really think the doctor's thought Max had a cardiac arrest before the fall unless Dina told them that Max had prior cardiac issues. Early on in this case there was a report that Max was diagnosed with a heart murmur and was to obtain a workup with a cardiologist. This sounds very routine as many people have benign heart murmurs. Since he played soccer and would be soon starting school he would need documentation about that for his health record.

    I wonder Dina shared the information about the heart murmur with the doctors and Nina in a confusing way and that was why there was so much focus on whether he had had a cardiac arrest first.

    Also, Jonah is the key here. He had a direct relationship with Rebecca. There was absolutely a reason he avoided her. According to Nina, Jonah told Dina that Rebecca claimed to do CPR within two minutes of the fall but the ambulance report stated that no CPR was done. She also stated that the doctors believed Max received CPR within two minutes of the fall and that is why they could not believe the extent of the damage present. So Jonah was the originator of this story to the doctors and Dina.

    However, I do not believe the doctors reacted the way Nina stated. The doctors knew that it took paramedic 30 minutes to start Max's heart and that was after 2 rounds of cardio-tonic drug administration.

    I also do not believe the spin about Dr. Peterson's statements. As far as I know those reports if there are any were never released. Dina can get access to them so why hasn't she released them? She has released "other" medical reports based on second hand information so why not release a first hand document that proves her point.

    I believe that the medical information given to the doctors was confused and heavily influenced by Jonah and Dina's perceptions and agendas. If the actual medical documentation for Max's hospitalization were reviewed I have no doubt that it would tell a very different story than the one with which we are familiar.

    Sometimes it is hard for me to remember to sort the spin from the facts which appears as a dauntingly difficult task in this case.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by freespeech View Post
    Nina's interview seems to revolve around not being able to get answers from Rebecca. Apparently, she served as Dina's proxy in that regard. I think that was unusual. Why didn't Dina directly ask Rebecca what happened? Maybe even more important is what did Jonah tell Dina? What did Dina tell Nina? What did Jonah tell Adam?

    Jonah was a direct link to Rebecca and yet it seems he avoided her. She apparently had answers that the doctors, Dina and Nina wanted and yet Jonah avoided her except when he purportedly went to dinner with her and Adam. I find that very odd considering how desperate and confused everyone was about Max's injuries.

    Nina also mentioned that Max was in a neck brace. Since the doctors thought Max fell then they automatically knew that there was a possibility of a head or neck injury. The doctors know that with a fall and skull fracture there is always a possibility of spinal cord and/or brain injury which could lead to cardiac arrest.

    I don't really think the doctor's thought Max had a cardiac arrest before the fall unless Dina told them that Max had prior cardiac issues. Early on in this case there was a report that Max was diagnosed with a heart murmur and was to obtain a workup with a cardiologist. This sounds very routine as many people have benign heart murmurs. Since he played soccer and would be soon starting school he would need documentation about that for his health record.

    I wonder Dina shared the information about the heart murmur with the doctors and Nina in a confusing way and that was why there was so much focus on whether he had had a cardiac arrest first.

    Also, Jonah is the key here. He had a direct relationship with Rebecca. There was absolutely a reason he avoided her. According to Nina, Jonah told Dina that Rebecca claimed to do CPR within two minutes of the fall but the ambulance report stated that no CPR was done. She also stated that the doctors believed Max received CPR within two minutes of the fall and that is why they could not believe the extent of the damage present. So Jonah was the originator of this story to the doctors and Dina.

    However, I do not believe the doctors reacted the way Nina stated. The doctors knew that it took paramedic 30 minutes to start Max's heart and that was after 2 rounds of cardio-tonic drug administration.

    I also do not believe the spin about Dr. Peterson's statements. As far as I know those reports if there are any were never released. Dina can get access to them so why hasn't she released them? She has released "other" medical reports based on second hand information so why not release a first hand document that proves her point.

    I believe that the medical information given to the doctors was confused and heavily influenced by Jonah and Dina's perceptions and agendas. If the actual medical documentation for Max's hospitalization were reviewed I have no doubt that it would tell a very different story than the one with which we are familiar.

    Sometimes it is hard for me to remember to sort the spin from the facts which appears as a dauntingly difficult task in this case.
    You are right about Jonah......he knows what happened that morning, because he was there.....IMO. Until there is verifiable proof that he was somewhere else, I will believe that he was infact at Spreckels and knows exactly what happened to Max.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,530
    I have always believed JS knows what happened to Maxie. Also, to what happened to Rebecca. There's no doubt in my mind he knows it all.

  14. #14

    Is Nina's audio interview being scrubbed?

    Does anyone recall if Nina's interview was really ever two hours long? It is now only one hour and thirty minutes long. I wonder if the end portion has been deleted?

    Does any one know if there is a written transcript of it anywhere?

  15. #15

    Partial Summary of Interview

    Nina's Interview posted 11/7/11. The available audio version was 1:20:43 secs. I don't know the actual date of the interview was done.

    http://www.cbs8.com/story/15982091/e...mansion-deaths

    MONDAY

    Rebecca picked up Nina and her son at the airport around 9:00 PM.

    Rebecca dropped Nina and her son off at the hospital. Rebecca had Howard Luber with her. Rebecca went back to the airport to pick Howard Luber up. Rebecca dropped Nina's luggage off at Dina's house.

    Nina and her son were not able to see Max because ICU visiting hours were over.

    A friend of Dina's who was at the hospital drove Nina and her son to Dina's house.

    TUESDAY

    In Nina's audio interview at about 5:00-6:00 minutes she stated that she went to see Max on Tueday. She described how she bought Max an teddy and a book but when she saw him she was absolutely shocked at his condition.

    Nina said that the nurses said that Max would probably be in ICU for a week, would then go to the step down unit for a couple of weeks and then to rehab.
    He will probably miss the soccer season and might not make first grade right away. Nina then said that they were under the impression that Rebecca gave CPR within two minutes at that time but they found out later that no CPR was done from the EMT report. She stated that she was with her nephew the rest of the day. At no time during this segment does she ever mention being with Dina. During the entire segment she gives the impression of being there alone.

    Nina stated that Dr. Peterson walked in Max's room that evening and abruptly stated to Dina, "Well, I don't know if this kid's ever going to walk or talk again."..."That's what he said to my sister."

    NINA'S TUESDAY NIGHT TIMELINE

    Later in Nina's interview at about 55:00 minutes plus, she gives the Tuesday timeline.

    *Dina was at the hospital from Monday, July 11 at 3:00 PM until Tuesday, July 12 10:00 AM. A friend of Dina's picked her up and drove her home. She arrived home at 10:30 AM and ate, showered and tried to sleep but was too upset.

    *Nina and Dina then drove to the hospital together in Dina's car at 3:30 PM.

    *Nina and Dina arrived at the hospital at 4:00 PM. Jonah and Howard were leaving at that time. Nina stated that she did not see Rebecca and Adam. She did not know when, how or if they had dinner together.

    *Nina stated that Jonah came back to the hospital at 8:00 PM on the dot.

    *Nina stated she left the hospital at 9:00 PM. She drove Jonah's car back to Dina's house. She arrived at 9:25 PM and text Rebecca from Dina's kitchen at 9:41 PM.

    *She waited for Rebecca to text/call back until 9:55 PM and then walked over to Rebecca's house.

    *Nina stated she was at Rebecca's house for 3 minutes.

    WEDNESDAY

    Nina stated that Dina phoned her at 7:30 AM to tell her what happened to Rebecca.

    Nina stated the doctors confered with Jonah and Dina regarding the MRI results that showed the extent of the damage. If he survived Max would be a vegetable.

    THURSDAY

    Nina stated that Max was getting worse.
    Nina stated that Dr. Peterson confered with Jonah and Dina regarding his suffocation theory.

    FRIDAY

    Nina said Max passed away (brain death).

    SATURDAY

    Max passed away physically.

    Nina flew home.

    SUNDAY

    Nina flew back with her husband.

    They drove Dina back to Arizona.

    WEDNESDAY

    Max's funeral
    Last edited by freespeech; 09-27-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. CT CT - Nina Coe, 57, Middletown, 16 July 2015
    By los2188 in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-25-2016, 03:02 PM
  2. PA PA - Nina Brisbois, 30, Coatesville, 1 January 2005
    By Romulus in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-02-2016, 02:08 PM
  3. GUILTY IN - Nina Keown, 26, Scott County, 7 Aug 2010
    By summer_breeze in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 07-06-2015, 02:16 PM
  4. La Nina Has Arrived
    By Dark Knight in forum Weather
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-10-2010, 10:12 AM
  5. MD MD - Nina Tarkovskaya, 46, Pikesville, 21 May 2006
    By ketel0ne in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 12:40 PM

Tags for this Thread