AZ CPS discovers computer glitch hid files f/15 years

Dr. Know?

Former Member
Reaction score
We have a huge problem here.

Arizona CPS discovers computer glitch that hid files for years

snipped:

Officials with the state Department of Economic Security, which oversees Child Protective Services, were notifying the state's 15 presiding Juvenile Court judges of the glitch on Friday and sending notices to more than 30,000 people who received incomplete public records over the past two years.

The state said it is unable to track or notify those who requested and received incomplete records before 2010.

Those receiving notices include parents involved in the nearly 8,600 open dependency cases, about 1,500 parents who have requested records on their CPS cases, nearly 1,200 judicial or law-enforcement requests, 55 members of the media, and more than 21,000 attorneys.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...id-files-years.html?sf6095925=1#ixzz26YnNqKEM

couple that with this

Arizona CPS staffing turmoil is dire

snipped:

CPS is nearly 500 workers short of meeting state and national caseload standards, according to the most recently published state data, in large part due to an unceasing increase in reports of child abuse and neglect.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarep...-cps-staffing-turmoil-dire.html#ixzz26YpOVfhX

WOW with Cps's record... I have a hard time believing it was a glitch

They can only track requests back to 2010 per the article. I'm just shaking my head in disbelief.

Sadly, like usual, Tucson hasn't reported on this yet. Not one tweet or anything online I could find. Oh, dummy me, it's the weekend. gar

(the news broke about 15 hours ago...)

I am not surprised.............CPS is a COMPLETE FAILURE time to do a complete overhaul of the system in every STATE.Maybe every State has this problem,that would explain about all the CPS screw ups that happen every day.Maybe this is why that woman in Camden who everyone else knew was mentally ill but the caseworker who gave her back her son.To bad their reunion ended with her dead after she beheaded her son.

I have a feeling that after the new cases that will appear in AZ over this, there should be a pretty good understanding of where CPS has failed or whatever has failed the children. Wouldn't want to be them but it's obvious that there needs to be a change throughout the US. A computer glitch to just be found after that many years is quite puzzling and alarming. I don't think every case will change by presenting the additional documents but there might just be a good plenty if the people previous to 2010 have evidence. Wow. Save the kids now and deal with the rest afterwards...jmo

Where is the flood of cases? I worry. An update would be nice on how they handled this crisis. Right? yah..grrr

Always over wishing. darn me

Further review found the database system that tracks CPS cases, called CHILDS, had been programmed to print about one-third of the information considered public record under state and federal law. The programming error had been in place since the database was created in 1996.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...html?sf6095925=1&nclick_check=1#ixzz2Tn5lpuFt

I call bullsnit. As a former child protection worker, I can tell you that anyone requesting records and only getting a third of what was there is going to notice. Defense attorneys, GAL, attorneys for the children--especially when something goes to trial--they know what documents to look for and my guess is CPS was asked hundreds of times-in writing-where the rest of the requested paperwork was.

My theory: people don't do required paperwork in a mismanaged agency. This is their excuse. Or they are just wiping their slate clean from years of mismanagement and calling it a glitch.

And kids are still not getting the proper care since this thread opened.

Arizona ranks highest in the nation for kids in state care

MESA, AZ - Right now there are 15,000 Arizona kids in state care and not nearly enough foster and adoptive homes to help them

This sounds familiar...

"It's heartbreaking right now. We are very frustrated, we're very upset by the fact that these little ones are spending the night in case managers' offices rather than with loving families," said Marcia Reck with Child Crisis Center.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...e-nation-for-kids-in-state-care#ixzz2i35KAqvi

They can only track requests back to 2010 per the article. I'm just shaking my head in disbelief.

After searching peoples desks and asking, asking, asking I use go to the warehouse where they stored all the records from as far back as the 60's. You would be surprised how many cases that are still active end up there. I started bringing the records to the office and copying them to disks, next thing I know it became my weekend job. I was suppose to be doing civil cases for the state, but when you work with the government you do what your told. With CPS the statute of limitation runs out pretty quickly, so a lot of the info wasn't any good, but it can still tie in somehow or lead to something of significants. I was the hero of the office or the sucker of the office haven't figured out which one it really was. Pretty soon it was hey are you going to the warehouse this weekend could you see if you can find anything on this case? I also found out that the guy that just sits and watches all the boxes, and helps me reach some of the files that require a ladder, gets $1,000 weekly. Plus he got health care. The moral of the story is keep track of your paper work if you have a case that's pending. Especially if it's unsolved. After 2 years a lot of evidence gets lost or misfiled. I can't tell you how much information I found in files that belonged to other people. I must add this was Fl. not Arizona.

And...add this to AZ CPS problem.

More immigrant kids arrive in Arizona

The federal government on Friday began sending hundreds of unaccompanied children caught crossing the border illegally in Texas to a holding center in Nogales, Ariz., further straining relations with Gov. Jan Brewer, who was already angry over the recent release of hundreds of undocumented families at bus stations in Phoenix and Tucson.

Brewer said she learned Friday that 432 children were transported to a holding facility in Nogales and that an additional 732 children would b

(poorly edited, btw)

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...a-illegal-immigrant-children-brewer/10113105/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back