615 users online (65 members and 550 guests)  

Websleuths News

Websleuths mentioned in the news!

Awesome article regarding this site and Ivy Merck. WAY TO GO WS!!!!!!!

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2...me-her-parents
    "No job too large; I'll get to the bottom of it!"
    -It's wawa...CHEE-wawa

Madeleine ​McCann to Jeffery ​Boucher: Web sleuths quest for the missing

As a member of Websleuths.com, a forum that boasts up to 5,000 daily users, she posts her clues and theories about missing people and unsolved murders from across the world.

She got hooked the way many do — searching online for information about a missing person and, by chance, clicking into the world of stay-at-home sleuths who compile everything they can about mysterious crimes. Since joining in 2009, Mowat has spent at least an hour or two a day on her hobby, having made more than 6,000 posts to the website.

"This feels like a job. Obviously it doesn’t pay or anything like that," says Mowat, who freelances occasionally but no longer works full time. "I've worked in all kinds of jobs, and web sleuthing gives me an opportunity to use some of the skills from things I’ve done, and be useful."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/madelei...sing-1.2516726

And…. Ivy made it home, safely… she is one of the lucky ones (seems she knows that though) Awesome story all around!

Will the Internet Find Maura Murray?
    Ten years ago, a 21-year-old UMass student vanished without a trace. For an army of amateur sleuths across the Internet, that was just the beginning.
    By Bill Jensen | Boston Magazine | February 2014

Snipped and BBM:

In February 2005, members of the DIY detective message board websleuths.com jumped into the fray. Anonymous posters with names like Grassyknoll2 and CyberLaw attempted to piece together a time line, wondering why Maura would have partied on Saturday night, or what made her so upset at work.
    http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/a.../maura-murray/
    Here a , there a , everywhere a

I feel like we should be handing out autographs, we've finally made it!
    Whilst being on Websleuths makes me more aware of what evil there is in the world, it also reminds me that the best people are among us as well.

Love you all!

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    Madeleine ​McCann to Jeffery ​Boucher: Web sleuths quest for the missing

As a member of Websleuths.com, a forum that boasts up to 5,000 daily users, she posts her clues and theories about missing people and unsolved murders from across the world.

She got hooked the way many do ó searching online for information about a missing person and, by chance, clicking into the world of stay-at-home sleuths who compile everything they can about mysterious crimes. Since joining in 2009, Mowat has spent at least an hour or two a day on her hobby, having made more than 6,000 posts to the website.

"This feels like a job. Obviously it doesnít pay or anything like that," says Mowat, who freelances occasionally but no longer works full time. "I've worked in all kinds of jobs, and web sleuthing gives me an opportunity to use some of the skills from things Iíve done, and be useful."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/madelei...sing-1.2516726
    Wow, I am impressed by the depth of this CBC article, and I can't believe I didn't see it while reading my daily fix on it, lol.