Identified! DC - Washington, BlkMale, 21-35, Rock Creek Park, May'12 - Name not found

Harmony 2

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Posting this as per request from a new member...

WARNING: POSTMORTEM PHOTO AT LINK
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10257

Circumstances of Death:
Approximately 0655 hrs. on 05May12,a jogger discovers the decedent's body without signs of life in a supine position on the asphalt bike/walking path in Rock Creek Park in Washington, DC under the Glover Bridge which supports Massachusetts Avenue, NW

Demographics:
Estimated age Adult - Pre 40
Minimum age: 21 years
Maximum age: 35 years
Race: Black/African American
Sex: Male
Weight: (pounds) 250, Measured
Height: (inches) 67, Measured

Probable year of death 2012
Estimated postmortem interval 12 Hours

Clothing on body:
(1) Pair of black socks
(1) Pair of Khaki pants- Dickies brand
(1) Black leather belt
(1) Pair of plaid boxer briefs
(1) White undershirt (long sleeves)- size 3X
(1) Stripped polo shirt with collar - size 5X

Thank you, Harmony2. I had asked for this post because I keep a close eye on DC/MD/VA cases. So many of the DC UP cases appear to be people who have been out on the streets, and this guy--to my eyes--does not.

I'm basing this on a couple things: 1) he is not wearing layered clothing (common here even in hot weather for homeless people) and 2) his skin in the pm picture is very healthy-looking.

I'm curious to hear what other folks think--I haven't spotted any missing people yet who remind me of him. I have done a check of media sites locally and it doesn't look like this got any publicity. Sad, but not surprising.

There's a guy missing from our part of MA who looks very similar; he didn't come back from a vacation at Myrtle Beach. But I think our local was quite a bit taller. He's not listed anywhere so I'll have to send a couple of emails...

Thank you, Harmony2. I had asked for this post because I keep a close eye on DC/MD/VA cases. So many of the DC UP cases appear to be people who have been out on the streets, and this guy--to my eyes--does not.

I'm basing this on a couple things: 1) he is not wearing layered clothing (common here even in hot weather for homeless people) and 2) his skin in the pm picture is very healthy-looking.

I'm curious to hear what other folks think--I haven't spotted any missing people yet who remind me of him. I have done a check of media sites locally and it doesn't look like this got any publicity. Sad, but not surprising.

His teeth are also in great shape.

Albert Townsend has been missing since 2008. I know it's unlikely that he disappeared, gained 90 pounds and reappeared 4 years later. I think Albert and the UID resemble each other. Also, Albert was last seen in the vicinity of Massachusetts Ave. and the UID was found under Massachusetts Ave. Amnesia maybe?

I wish they would give us his autopsy report.

Morgan Johnson is closer in age to the UID. Still 100 lbs too thin though...
johnson_morgan.jpg

Editing to add that this profile says Morgan's grandfather in Washington DC had just passed away before he disappeared.

Editing again because The Charley Project has more info. He was very distraught about his grandfathers death and had arranged to go to DC for the funeral. He never made it to the funeral. He has a seizure condition.

Wow! Morgan's case is local here - I pass a billboard with his picture on it every day on my way to work. Look closely at the ears, eyebrows and nose. It's a good possibility.

The nose is a little crooked - but it could have been broken in his demise??

Good find. Yeah, he looks really close.

The last-seen photo on the Charley Project page shows him wearing clothing in a very similar style to what the UID is wearing. And the circumstances fit, even the DC connection.

I don't think it's him. The nose is wrong and the weight is an issue, since he looks average in the photo and it's only a few days before the UID, but it's too close not to submit.

I wish I had software that would allow me to blow Morgan's pic up so I could study it better...

It's hard to tell about the nose on the UID because of the angle of the picture...to me it looks like Morgan's nose had been broken in the past, and the results are similar to that of the UID. So the nose was already headed in that direction, but I think a break in between times would take it even more so in that direction.

I'm having a hard time expressing myself tonight. Did any of that make sense? lol

I don't think it's him. The nose is wrong and the weight is an issue, since he looks average in the photo and it's only a few days before the UID, but it's too close not to submit.

I think there was a year between his disappearance and the UID's appearance. Yup. The UID was found on May 12, 2012. Morgan went missing on May 18, 2011.

Edited to add: I'll give the ME a call tomorrow.

I wish I had software that would allow me to blow Morgan's pic up so I could study it better...

It's hard to tell about the nose on the UID because of the angle of the picture...to me it looks like Morgan's nose had been broken in the past, and the results are similar to that of the UID. So the nose was already headed in that direction, but I think a break in between times would take it even more so in that direction.

I'm having a hard time expressing myself tonight. Did any of that make sense? lol

It makes sense, but that wasn't the part I was looking at. The UID's appears to be wider and flatter through the nostrils.

But that's my personal opinion and I am not that good at faces. It is definitely not an objection to submitting it -- I think you should call it in.

I just spoke with Tiffany at the DC ME's office. She was very nice and helpful. I gave her Morgan's NAMUS # and information for the detective that is handling his case in Plainfield. She said they would contact the detective, who would then contact Morgan's family. They will take a look at the photo, and they'll go from there. I left my contact #, just in case they had something they would like to share. :)

Morgan's facebook

Just a note on this guy: his shoes are reported as "1 pair black low cut Nike shoes size 13". Isn't this quite large for a guy who is only 5'7"?

Just a note on this guy: his shoes are reported as "1 pair black low cut Nike shoes size 13". Isn't this quite large for a guy who is only 5'7"?

Maybe they're mistaken to put on 67" (convert it to 5'7") as 6' 7" tall. We've seen too many data errors like that.

This UID may have been indentified; the NamUs page gives the "you do not have permission" message. Morgan Johnson's and Albert Townsend's pages are still live, so this was probably neither of them.

Thanks, OkieGranny...I sure wish there was something out there to let us know who he was, as I checked the Washington Post and some other news sources to no avail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back