Match! Berfield, Lowell dob 10/13/1946 found 05/7/1998

Hi, I'm new in here but feel this could be a place I could do some good in once I learn the ropes. I will be PM-ing for help I'm sure!

I've been looking into Mr Berfield's case and I've come to a cross-roads for now, I'm still going to look further but thought I would add an update for those that might be about to start.

It looks like Mr Berfield was one of three brothers (with an infant sister who sadly died during her first year). He lost a brother to the Vietnam war and his last remaining brother died in 2007.

I've traced his family links to some remote cousins and I will continue to try and trace them further.

I just wanted to post this to save anyone duplicating the research that has already been done, but, I would also be interested to hear from anyone that might be ahead of me in this case!

In saying that, I have a question: do we have a system in place that would allow us to work together better and without several of us pursuing the same case without knowing of the research that has already been completed?
Could there be a way for a person's thread to be seen as being worked on?

If I am missing something that already tells us this, then please excuse me :blushing:

I'm really looking forward to working with you all on here and, again, I'm sure I will be PM-ing you for help !

YooKay, I don't spend all that much time in this forum (unclaimed persons) so maybe someone else can give you a better answer. my only thought is that if you see someone and start snooping ancestry (for example) you might just want to say "I'll look for this guy's ancestors and keep everyone posted" if you want to avoid duplication of effort.

Welcome, we try to keep everyone in the loop.. I volunteer for diff. ME's. I make alot of calls on their behalf.. If u need me just let me know

Hi, I'm new in here but feel this could be a place I could do some good in once I learn the ropes. I will be PM-ing for help I'm sure!

I've been looking into Mr Berfield's case and I've come to a cross-roads for now, I'm still going to look further but thought I would add an update for those that might be about to start.

It looks like Mr Berfield was one of three brothers (with an infant sister who sadly died during her first year). He lost a brother to the Vietnam war and his last remaining brother died in 2007.

I've traced his family links to some remote cousins and I will continue to try and trace them further.

I just wanted to post this to save anyone duplicating the research that has already been done, but, I would also be interested to hear from anyone that might be ahead of me in this case!

In saying that, I have a question: do we have a system in place that would allow us to work together better and without several of us pursuing the same case without knowing of the research that has already been completed?
Could there be a way for a person's thread to be seen as being worked on?

If I am missing something that already tells us this, then please excuse me :blushing:

I'm really looking forward to working with you all on here and, again, I'm sure I will be PM-ing you for help !

Good work! I have forwarded info to ME. Will update as I hear additional info.

nm

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27