Refund fraud Cash credited to EBT Card

GetSmart

Reaction score
http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-n...-charged-in-receipt-for-refund-fra-ar-505857/

Four Sarasota residents were charged Tuesday in a plot to use discarded receipts at several stores to get fraudulent "refunds" for purchases they never made, Sarasota County deputies said.
Brandie Horsley, 29; Thomas Harrison, 45; David Walshaw, 36; and James Buck, 30; were charged with scheming to defraud.
The group was seen by deputies scouring through store parking lots and trash cans in search of receipts for food purchased with cash, the sheriff's office said.

Horsley would take receipts to customer service counters and say she meant to use her food stamp card, investigators said. She would ask that the card be charged for the receipt amount and the cash refunded to her instead, investigators said

walshaw
David Walshaw

harrison
Thomas Harrison

horsley
Brandie Horsley

I'm totally underwhelmed. Doesn't the State of Florida have better things to do, like chasing murderers, finding the missing, and curbing child abuse to name a few?

No, of course I don't like what they did, but I like child abuse, rape, disappearance, and murder a whole lot less.

Get with it guys, find them missing, bring 'em home, stop child abuse, hunt down the killers. After that, go after penny-anti fraud.

My opinion only

I'm totally underwhelmed. Doesn't the State of Florida have better things to do, like chasing murderers, finding the missing, and curbing child abuse to name a few?

No, of course I don't like what they did, but I like child abuse, rape, disappearance, and murder a whole lot less.

Get with it guys, find them missing, bring 'em home, stop child abuse, hunt down the killers. After that, go after penny-anti fraud.

My opinion only

I agree,they didn't hurt anyone. Times are hard,sometimes people so stupid things.not like they conned thousands of $s out of people or robbed a bank.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Let me tell you the Sarasota Police also like to harass people too. My son had a job where he got off work at like 11pm and he had to walk home they were always stopping him asking questions ect made him empty his pockets a one point.. he said he did it because he has nothing to hide ..but just the same you would think after stopping him a few times and I am sure he told them he was walking home from work they would leave him be. My son said are you kiddin me they are hoping I will have somethin on me I shouldn't ..

My opinion only

You might feel differently if it were your business that was being robbed. This is not "free" money from the magic tree; someone's business has a steady outflow of cash that is totally illegal.

If you can't be bothered to empathize with the owner, think about the employees who have to deal with these thieves and then maybe get in trouble with the boss for it. Think of the people not hired or having their hours cut b/c the store is losing money from this.

Theft is a huge budget problem in any retail business. As a business owner who always got paid last, after all the other bills and expenses, I know that even $100 worth of theft might be the difference between ME being able to pay a bill or not.

Yes times are hard. They are hard for the ones putting in a hard day's labor too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back