1218 users online (261 members and 957 guests)  

Websleuths News

Post Submarine Commander Faked Death to End Affair, Navy Says

By CHRISTINA NG (@ChristinaNg27)
    Sept. 19, 2012
    A Navy officer has been relieved of his duties as commander of a submarine following the discovery that he faked his own death in order to end an extramarital affair.
    Navy Cmdr. Michael Ward II, 43, was dismissed from his post as the commander of the USS Pittsburgh just one week after he took command.
    Ward was dismissed when Navy investigators found out that he had sent his 23-year-old girlfriend an email from a fake co-worker claiming that Ward had died, according to a report obtained by the Associated Press through a Freedom of Information Act. more at link: http://abcnews.go.com/US/submarine-c...7#.UFobOa5rJEM
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

While I see the seriousness of his crime, I had to chuckle. Just how crazy was the 23 year old that he had to make it seem he was dead to be sure she didn't make any contact? Why, oh why, do people go to such extraordinary lengths for a few minutes of fun? Perhaps chocolate and a very long cold shower would have been easier.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post
    While I see the seriousness of his crime, I had to chuckle. Just how crazy was the 23 year old that he had to make it seem he was dead to be sure she didn't make any contact? Why, oh why, do people go to such extraordinary lengths for a few minutes of fun? Perhaps chocolate and a very long cold shower would have been easier.
    He was seriously pwned

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
    https://www.tsu.co/JacieLin

BBM

You might be right, but why are we assuming she is the crazy one? He a 43 yr old, married, Navy commander who is having an affair with a 23 yr old. My bets on that this guy didn't have big enough cahoonas to tell this girl the truth. Guys like him are usually liars and cowards.

What's ironic is that he probably broke it off with the girl because he didn't want his wife to find out. . .woops!

MOO!!!!!
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.--Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by hambirg View Post
    BBM

You might be right, but why are we assuming she is the crazy one? He a 43 yr old, married, Navy commander who is having an affair with a 23 yr old. My bets on that this guy didn't have big enough cahoonas to tell this girl the truth. Guys like him are usually liars and cowards.

What's ironic is that he probably broke it off with the girl because he didn't want his wife to find out. . .woops!

MOO!!!!!
    I so agree. I didn't mean to say it was only the 23 year olds fault. I was having a hard time laughing to myself and being angry about it, for similar reasons you stated. Yeah, this guy was just not all that together. I have no idea why I still find it funny, but I do.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

If the baby died after he faked his death dodging child support might have been a factor in his decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    If the baby died after he faked his death dodging child support might have been a factor in his decision making.
    Good thinking. I missed that part , now none of it is funny.

How could she make contact? He had a submarine. Catch me if you can.

Mid-Life crisis? wonder if he bought a sports car too.

Talking

Hubby: He got in over his head!:Banane30:
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

He was sunk below reproach.

Submarine commander who faked his own death to end an affair is discharged from Navy

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2QM0RUcaW

Sounds like a pretty natural response, though I have never seen it taken to this extreme....

"Honey I am pregnant."

"I am dead when my wife/the Navy find out."

He took it one step further:

"If she thinks I am dead the Navy/my wife never needs to find out."
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight