CANADA Canada - Kimberley Amero, 15, St John NB, 5 Sep 1985

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
KAmero.jpg

KAmero1.jpg

Age Progression age 35

She disappeared in 1985 while on a trip to the Atlantic National Exhibition in Saint John, NB

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/240dfnb.html
Case File 240DFNB
Kimberley Ann Amero
Missing since September 3, 1985 from St. John, New Brunswick Canada
Classification: Endangered Runaway
•Date Of Birth: September 5, 1969
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 15 years old
•Height and Weight: 5'4"-5'6"; 115 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White Female. Dark blonde hair; blue eyes. Glasses.
•AKA: Kimberly Cormier; Foster; Kimberley Small
If you have any information concerning Amero's whereabouts, please contact:
St. John Police
506-648-3304
All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.

Agency Case Number: 20080004

NCIC Number:
M-779800618
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Thanks to airplanelamp!

Thanks for starting this thread.

Kim's disappearance was originally classified as an "endangered runaway", but her family does not believe that she was a runaway. Last year they received a cassette from a person claiming to have kidnapped Kim, held her captive, and eventually murdered her. At this point, her body has not been recovered.

Saint John, NB – Kimberly Amero, who preferred to be called Kim, was a social butterfly. She loved to spend time with her family and friends.

Kim was living with her mother in Saint John, New Brunswick. She was a grade 9 student at St. Joseph’s School.

On September 3, 1985, Kim attended the Atlantic National Exhibition with her sister Tammy. Tammy returned home early that evening leaving Kim at the exhibition with other girlfriends. She was expected to be home after the fireworks; around 11 p.m. When a friend later came to Kim’s house looking for her, Kim’s mother knew that something was wrong and went immediately to the police station to report her missing.

It has been almost 27 years since Kim was last seen. She would be 42 years old today. Her family and friends have never stopped looking for her and hope that someone may have information about her disappearance.

Please help us bring Kim home.

Sgt. David Brooker
NCO i/c Major Crime Unit
Saint John Police Force
Telephone: (506) 648-3333
Fax: (506) 632-6158
david.brooker@saintjohn.ca

Above info is from this link : http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/omc-ned/day-jour/kimberly-ann-amero-eng.htm

Thanks Tricia for posting the announcement!

I just voted, I was # 1,101 but she will need a lot more votes to get to the next round. You can vote every 24 hours!!

yes in order for this fund to go through ,we need over 1500 more votes .We have 2 million likes from other countries but only Canadians can vote. This doesn't cost anyone anything-the insurance company never contacts you. I have been on here for a few years now.
Your vote will help all these families that are already suffering-it costs them 1000's of dollars for rewards,advertising,private detectives. They lose their savings-their homes and they feel so alone.

With just a simple vote we as Canadians, can help all missing Canadians. Please,please vote -this is so important. Ask your Canadian friends to vote. Share, please let's show the Amero family and other Canadians with missing loved ones that you really do care.

Bumping, Kim has been missing for 30 years.

This article is from this past May. It also includes a video interview with Kim's mother.

Kimberly Amero search continues after 29 years: Mother's hope is she will get her daughter's remains as 'I have no hope that she's alive'

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/kimberly-amero-search-continues-after-29-years-1.3086149

When Amero didn't return home by midnight, her mother Lorraine Small contacted police to report her missing, but found her concerns weren't taken seriously by police.

"They told me that she was a runaway, that she'll be home," said Small. "They wouldn't take a report. They wouldn't do [anything.]"

"I went back home and we just hoped that she'd come home, which she hasn't in 29 years — 30 in September."

Bumping for Kim.

There is a new website for Kim: www.findingkimamero.com

They are doing a podcast (also releasing a YouTube video of same) on her disappearance. The first episode was short, only 20 minutes or so, but I found it very well done. New episodes will be released every Thursday.

For convenience, here are direct links for the first segment, but both are available at the .com address above:

Listen on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZIXzFdvZBc&feature=youtu.be

Podcast format: https://soundcloud.com/jaymee-splude/finding-kim-amero-chapter-one

"Finding Kim Amero: Podcast sheds light on N.B. teen's 1985 disappearance" (published September 29, 2017)

http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/finding-kim-amero-podcast-sheds-light-on-n-b-teen-s-1985-disappearance-1.3612556

Short article and newscast video segment at link above.

I binge watched the 5 episodes on YouTube last night, so many possibilities... wow.

March 18, 2018
http://leaderpost.com/news/national...mily/wcm/b9226503-0ef1-45e7-8fd8-2d95ab042962
attachment.php

By Brett Bundale, THE CANADIAN PRESS

Forty-eight hours before her 16th birthday, Kimberly Ann Amero vanished without a trace. It was a September night in 1985, and the Saint John, N.B., teen was at a fair in the city’s east end.
“Kim was a social butterfly, always bouncing, always energetic,” says her sister, Tammy Cormier Raynes, who was there the night Kimberly went missing but left early. “She told her friends ‘I’ll be right back,’ and we’ve never heard anything since.”
Thirty-two years after the freckled girl with dark blond hair and blue eyes was last seen, her disappearance continues to haunt her family, baffle police and dishearten residents of this tight-knit New Brunswick city.

Now, after a true-crime podcast renewed interest in the cold case, an amateur sleuth has dedicated himself to finding the teenager.
More recently, a local man anonymously sent the Amero family a letter and audio recording with disturbing details about her alleged kidnapping, captivity and murder. It’s that recording that Worden, the self-styled sleuth, went to court recently to obtain.

Court documents reveal alleged details on the tape, including “her abduction, horrid captivity, attempted escape, subsequent murder and the location of her buried remains,” Worden says in a letter to a local police chief filed in court.

“He gives specific community and road names, describes structures and directions in the forest.”
Indeed, although three decades have passed since the five-foot-six and 115 pound-girl disappeared, police are “always trying to advance this file,” Hayes said. “There is a team of three officers right now. It’s all about processing information, going back and seeing if you can shine a different perspective on that information.”
rbbm.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 127
'A void in my heart': vigil for long-missing Saint John teen | CBC News

Thirty-two years, eight months and 22 days.

It's been a long, hard wait for the family of missing Saint John teen Kimberly Ann Amero.

On Sept. 3, 1985 — after attending the fireworks at the Saint John exhibition with her younger sister — Amero vanished. It was two days before her 16th birthday. She was never seen again.

"She was my best friend, she was my everything," said her sister, Tammy Raynes. "It has affected me immensely … I've had a void in my heart for all these years and I will always have that void. Even on my best, happiest days, there's still that unhappiness."

Kim has been missing for 34 years today.
Thank you for this reminder.

34 years ago. A long time.

I was at the Exhibition that night. My friend and I sat in the bleachers and watched the fireworks.

The next morning we heard about Kim missing, but all the reporting put front and center her history of running away. We dismissed it--thinking she would be home soon.

We had no idea of the horror she was probably going through.

What a great injustice.

kimberly-amero.jpg

I'm so sorry, Kim.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member