MO - Kevin Mashburn, 58, AT&T worker, murdered on the job, 19 Sept 2012

davehead21

Reaction score
After someone attacked Kevin M. Mashburn from behind, splitting open his skull, the AT&T technician managed to pull himself into his service truck and radio for help early Wednesday.

He called his dispatcher, who told him to turn on the truck’s flashing light and drive to a populated area where someone could see him, family members said Wednesday.

Police and paramedics soon arrived, just after 3 a.m., and found Mashburn unconscious inside his truck in the 2700 block of Northeast 57th Terrace in Gladstone. He was rushed to a hospital, where he died, said police Capt. Jeff Self.

The Metro Squad has been activated, said Self, who did not release other details about the assault. No arrests had been made Wednesday.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/1...dies-after-being-assaulted.html#storylink=cpy

Poor guy :(

May God comfort his family.

so disgusting

poor guy working his job, as he's done for 40 freaking years, only to have some !@#$%^&* destroy his life

I really hope the jerk gets caught ... maybe there's surveillance cameras around there

:no: this is just wrong. i hope they find who did this and bust his skull in return. mad....words just cant express...i couldnt even imagine this being my husband or dad. prayers for the family this should not have happened...

So, so sad. I can't imagine. I hope someone saw or heard something and tips come in to get this case solved. From behind.... gosh, a tragic loss.

Prayers said for this Mr. Mashburns family and all who knew and loved him.

OMG! This is horrible, poor guy just out there doing his job and gets killed senselessly!!! Hubby has occasionally had to be a technician for AT&T. My sympathy to his family.

Kansas City resident Bryan Middlemas charged in the murder of AT&T worker

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - A Kansas City man has been charged in the murder of a longtime AT&T worker who died early Wednesday after an assault in Gladstone, Mo.

35-year-old Bryan J. Middlemas has been charged with first degree murder in the death of 58-year-old Kevin Mashburn. Middlemas was also charged with first degree attempted robbery

Read more: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/crime/bryan-middlemas-charged-in-the-murder-of-att-worker#ixzz27Li3BC2Z

From your link Davehead - I thought these words from Mr. Mashburn's son were very touching....he was very loved:

"If everyone had a dad like mine, like ours, stuff like this wouldn't happen,” Mashburn’s eldest son William said.*“You'd just be raised a little better than that. I feel like my dad was newsworthy on any day just for being a rock star human being.*It's unfortunate that anyone is learning about him now after something like this."

Read more: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/crime/bryan-middlemas-charged-in-the-murder-of-att-worker#ixzz27Lzwm78i

Kansas City resident Bryan Middlemas charged in the murder of AT&T worker

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - A Kansas City man has been charged in the murder of a longtime AT&T worker who died early Wednesday after an assault in Gladstone, Mo.

35-year-old Bryan J. Middlemas has been charged with first degree murder in the death of 58-year-old Kevin Mashburn. Middlemas was also charged with first degree attempted robbery

Read more: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/crime/bryan-middlemas-charged-in-the-murder-of-att-worker#ixzz27Li3BC2Z

Someone must of been really angry with their AT&T service. It is really horrible that an AT&T technician got killed on the job. Why would someone do that?

From your link Davehead - I thought these words from Mr. Mashburn's son were very touching....he was very loved:

"If everyone had a dad like mine, like ours, stuff like this wouldn't happen,” Mashburn’s eldest son William said.*“You'd just be raised a little better than that. I feel like my dad was newsworthy on any day just for being a rock star human being.*It's unfortunate that anyone is learning about him now after something like this."

Read more: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/crime/bryan-middlemas-charged-in-the-murder-of-att-worker#ixzz27Lzwm78i

His son's words really stood out to me as well. I think this really hits home with a lot of people because a lot of us feel that way about our parents.

Someone must of been really angry with their AT&T service. It is really horrible that an AT&T technician got killed on the job. Why would someone do that?

For some reason I am thinking this is drug-related. Meaning that Middlemas was on drugs.

This hasn't been posted yet (at least anywhere I can find) but this morning they are searching a pond for the weapon that was used (crowbar).

This article has a little bit more info.

It says that Middlemas called a former cellmate of his and told him that he attacked Mr. Mashburn with a crowbar because he would not give up his wallet. The cellmate then called police. Phone records confirm that this call took place and also that Middlemas was in the area of the attack when it took place.

Middlemas was arrested Saturday night and police found the crowbar missing from the tool set in his truck. There was also a "significant" amount of blood on the on the interior on the rear driver’s side door.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/23/3830337/suspect-charged-in-northland-murder.html#storylink=cpy

This story is utterly heartbreaking....how senseless and vile!
I am very thankful the criminal in this case has been named and I am hoping he receives the death penalty. All of this for a wallet. What is the world coming to?

For some reason I am thinking this is drug-related. Meaning that Middlemas was on drugs.

This hasn't been posted yet (at least anywhere I can find) but this morning they are searching a pond for the weapon that was used (crowbar).

That is not surprising. I know metal theft has been on rise because of drugs.

Absolutely heartbreaking for the AT&T worker, his family, and his friends.
R.I.P.

2 September 2016

Jury says local man accused of killing AT&T worker is not guilty
LIBERTY, Mo. -- A local man accused of killing an AT&T worker is a free man Friday afternoon.

Bryan Middlemas was arrested in 2012 and charged with the first-degree murder of 58-year-old Kevin Mashburn.

Mashburn was an AT&T worker on a service call in September of 2012 doing tower repairs near an apartment complex in Gladstone when he was attacked.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back