922 users online (180 members and 742 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

OH - Amaya Early, 14, Cincinnati, 15 Sept 2012

http://www.fox19.com/story/19581011/...-year-old-girl

I didn't see this posted yet and she's been missing for 4 days. This is the only article I could find for Amaya.

Amaya is 5'1" and 128 pounds. She was last seen wearing a Mickey Mouse sweatshirt, black tights and black Nike flip flops.
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Not sure if I can figure out how to post her photo. Here is the link:

http://wxix.images.worldnow.com/images/19581011_BG1.jpg
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

From the link in first post:

Anyone with information on her whereabouts should call Police Dispatch at 513-765-1212 or Crimestoppers at 513-352-3040.
    Please help to bring this young lady home!
    - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Anna View Post
    Not sure if I can figure out how to post her photo. Here is the link:

http://wxix.images.worldnow.com/images/19581011_BG1.jpg

Hope she comes home safely.

Four days missing and hardly any info to go on. Frustrating!

The only other place I've found info on Amaya's disappearance is the WKRC FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/WKRCTV

The post is from Tues. and is pretty much the same as FOX reported EXCEPT .... FOX news reported the she was last seen Sept. 15 at noon. WKRC reports that she was last seen at midnight on Saturday. So, when was she last seen, 12:00 a.m. or 12 p.m. on Saturday? That's a big difference -- not just a difference of 12 hours but, literally, the difference between night and day.

They're saying they need the public's help in finding Amaya, but how can the public help when they're being given limited and conflicting information? I sure hope Amaya's staying with a friend. Otherwise, it doesn't look good.
    - Henry David Thoreau

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Quote Originally Posted by mikkismom View Post
    Thank you for posting that, mikkismom. I had been doing Google searches for weeks with no new information. Thought about contacting a news station to find out if she was still missing.

The link you provided refers to "the incident." I wonder if that means she is believed to be abducted. Sad there isn't more being put out there to raise public awareness. A family abduction/ custody battle possibly? Even so, she is still endangered.
    - Henry David Thoreau

Wow, I live just outside of Cincinnati, and I haven't heard of this yet! I hope Amaya is found quickly!

I found her Myspace...am I allowed to post it?

Quote Originally Posted by TreeClimbingGirl View Post
    I found her Myspace...am I allowed to post it?
    That should be okay, as long as you're certain it's her. Since I don't have a Myspace account, I can't access it. It would be good to see if there's been any activity on her account since she disappeared and if there was anything concerning in her posts prior to her disappearance.

I contacted Fox19 and someone at the news station emailed me back. She said that Amaya is still missing - one of dozens of missing children. She did say that they would keep Amaya's story out there and post updates as they receive them. Doesn't look like they've received any updates, though.
    - Henry David Thoreau

Just realized after posting that I have another email from a news station. Apparently, Amaya is considered a runaway. He said this is the 6th time she's run away this year.

ETA: I hope CPS is checking into her homelife. Does anyone know if that's standard protocol for repeat runaways? If a child repeatedly runs away, that to me is a warning that either the child doesn't feel secure in the home, or is being lured away by a predator. By predator, I mean a "boyfriend" - a man or an older teen she has a relationship with - or someone she met online.
    Last edited by Indy Anna; 10-23-2012 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Had some additional thoughts
    - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Anna View Post
    Just realized after posting that I have another email from a news station. Apparently, Amaya is considered a runaway. He said this is the 6th time she's run away this year.

ETA: I hope CPS is checking into her homelife. Does anyone know if that's standard protocol for repeat runaways? If a child repeatedly runs away, that to me is a warning that either the child doesn't feel secure in the home, or is being lured away by a predator. By predator, I mean a "boyfriend" - a man or an older teen she has a relationship with - or someone she met online.
    BBM

Wow, 6th time this year attempting to run away??? I agree, CPS needs to check to see just what is so bad that she feels the need to persistently run FROM or see if there is a predator that she is being lured TO.
    "He who does not prevent a crime when he can, encourages it.
    ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

My confession... I