Listerine Drinker Arrested for DUI

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
ADRIAN, Mich. - [size=-1] A woman who admitted drinking three glasses of Listerine mouthwash had a blood-alcohol content more than three times the legal limit when she was arrested for drunken driving, police said Friday.

[/size]
[size=-1] The woman, identified by police Sgt. Mike Shadbolt as 50-year-old Carol A. Ries, was arrested Sunday night and released on personal bond the next day. She was to be arraigned late next week on a misdemeanor charge of operating under the influence of liquor, Shadbolt said. [/size]

[size=-1] Police also found an open bottle of Listerine in Ries' car, and asked Lenawee County prosecutors Friday to authorize a warrant charging her with having an open intoxicant in a motor vehicle, Shadbolt said. Calls to the prosecutor's office were not answered after business hours. [/size]

[size=-1] Ries showed signs of intoxication after her car rear-ended another vehicle Sunday, Shadbolt said. She told police she had not consumed any alcohol and also passed a Breathalyzer test, but "there was something not quite right about her," Shadbolt said. [/size]

[size=-1] She failed a second test using different equipment and, under further questioning, admitted to drinking three glasses of Listerine earlier in the day, Shadbolt said.
[/size]

[size=-1]Full Story
[/size]

I watched one of those "autopsy" shows. There was a homeless guy who died and no apparent cause of death from the body. The doc made an incision and smelled what she thought was mouthwash. She couldn't figure it out, until she saw the photographs from the area that the police took. There were approx. 30 empty bottles of mouthwash. Apparently alcoholics drink the "dollar store" variety when they don't have enough money for booze.

That is so sad and disgusting.

Their breath is probably nicer than someone that has been at a bar all night.

This is a SERIOUS, not funny problem to many. My sister is an alcoholic. It is much more socially acceptable to be seen buying mouthwash in the grocery store than liquor. Small town housewives, church going moms, etc can go undected longer buying that. Often it escalates to drinking rubbing alcohol. Legal and cheap.
Teenagers will buy it also. Not a bit funny...both can kill in abundance.

DuckFeet said:
This is a SERIOUS, not funny problem to many. My sister is an alcoholic. It is much more socially acceptable to be seen buying mouthwash in the grocery store than liquor. Small town housewives, church going moms, etc can go undected longer buying that. Often it escalates to drinking rubbing alcohol. Legal and cheap.
Teenagers will buy it also. Not a bit funny...both can kill in abundance.

I'm sorry about your sister DuckFeet. You're right - this is a serious issue. I never knew how much alcohol content was in mouthwash until I saw that pathologist's show.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back