GUILTY GA - Paul & Sheila Comer for starving, abusing teen son, Paulding County, 2012

Jacie Estes

Medical Marijuana Advocate
Reaction score
Police to search home of Ga. teen found in L.A.

Investigators were planning to search the suburban home of a Georgia couple accused of child cruelty after an emaciated 18-year-old said he was kept there in isolation for years and then dumped by bus in Los Angeles.

Police cars were parked Friday morning outside the home where authorities allege Mitch Comer was kept in such seclusion that his two younger sisters in the same house did not know what he looked like, Paulding County sheriff's Cpl. Ashley Henson said.

"The sisters haven't seen the brother in over two years," Henson said. "They didn't even know what color his hair was."

Neighbors on the quiet cul-de-sac of two-story brick and vinyl siding homes, about 30 miles outside Atlanta, said the couple kept to themselves and the two girls didn't ride the neighborhood school bus or leave their yard.

Stepfather Paul Comer and mother Sheila Comer faced charges of false imprisonment and cruelty to children, Paulding County jail records show. They were being held without bond. The records did not indicate whether the Comers have an attorney.

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/na...cle_bb2a9023-4e60-5a43-b4b9-947d769dd358.html

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read.php?id=19086014&ps=1011&cat=&cps=0&lang=en

DALLAS, Ga. (AP) — Investigators were planning to search the suburban home of a Georgia couple accused of child cruelty after an emaciated 18-year-old said he was kept there in isolation for years and then dumped by bus in Los Angeles.

Police cars were parked Friday outside the home where authorities allege Mitch Comer was kept in such seclusion that his two younger sisters in the same house did not know what he looked like, Paulding County sheriff's Cpl. Ashley Henson said.

"The sisters haven't seen the brother in over two years," Henson said. "They didn't even know what color his hair was."................

The FBI and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation have joined the case, Henson said.

Mitch Comer told police his stepfather gave him $200 and a list of homeless shelters before he was put on a bus to Los Angeles on his 18th birthday, police in Los Angles said Thursday...........

Because he was so childlike, police worried that he wasn't as old as he claimed and decided to investigate further. The teen told authorities he had suffered years of abuse after being taken out of school in the eighth grade...........

More at link......

I hope that, with help, he is able to have a better life. His stepfather seems to be the catalyst for the abuse against him but, clearly, his mother did nothing to help him.

I just saw a clip on HLN about this. I'm outraged. The boy was kept in a dark room for 4 years and he weighed about 90 pounds. He was polite and shy with the people who came to help him. The two younger sisters have been taken by Child Services. Sending a prayer to help with his healing. The couple look like meth heads to me. Their home was a very large, nice looking home too.

Grandmom said "Heartbreaking ain't the word", and says she believes the charges. She hasn't spoken to her DD in many years and hasn't seen Mitch since he was three years old.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/196...en-allegedly-tortured-by-parents-i-believe-it

Greatgram remembers "step" treating the toddler horribly even before his "mother" married "step".

Once again folks human cruelty prevails and ain't nodboy can or won't or tries or whatever do anything about it.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Poor, poor kid. Just wandering around LA after being locked up for years.

New details emerge in investigation of emaciated Georgia teen found at Los Angeles bus station

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...2-f2750cd65f97_story.html?tid=pm_national_pop

DALLAS, Ga. — An emaciated teenage Georgia boy told police he was forced to kneel for hours at a time by his stepfather and mother, who now face charges of child cruelty after allegedly confining the teen in a bedroom for years and then sending him by bus to Los Angeles to seek a homeless shelter.

Stepfather Paul Comer and mother Sheila Comer face charges of false imprisonment and cruelty to children, Paulding County jail records show. They were being held without bond.

Arrest warrants filed Sept. 12 and 13 in Georgia say the couple “made Mitch kneel on the floor, bend his head and place his forehead against the wall, and place his hands behind his head for long periods of time.”..............
The boy said he was fed small quantities of food daily, according to a Los Angeles police statement

Retired Los Angeles police Sgt. Joe Gonzalez was working security at a downtown bus station Sept. 11 when he spotted the 87-pound teenage boy who stood just over 5 feet tall and looked much younger, Los Angeles police said in a statement Thursday.............

more at link.....

:please:

There are no words for this. I am praying for healing for this young man and his two sisters.

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/na...cle_bb2a9023-4e60-5a43-b4b9-947d769dd358.html

"The FBI and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation have joined the case., Henson said."

'Mitch Comer told Los Angeles police his stepfather gave him $200, a list of homeless shelters, told him he was a man now, and put him on a bus to Los Angeles on his 18th birthday.''

"'Retired Los Angeles police Sgt. Joe Gonzalez was working security at a downtown bus station Sept. 11 when he spotted the 87-pound teenage boy who stood just over 5 feet tall and looked much younger said Los Angeles police in a statement Thursday."

"He was so childlike, police worried that he wasn't as old as he claimed and decided to investigate further. The teen told authorities he had suffered years of abuse after being taken out of school in the eighth grade."

I'm happy that police officer saw him and started talking to him. xoxox to this boy.

District Attorney Dick Donovan told the station his office struggled to find an agency willing to take in the teen because he is legally an adult, but a local family agreed to house him.

His younger sisters, ages 11 and 13, were taken into protective custody by Paulding County Children's Services, the Journal-Constitution reported.

Thank you to this family and please take good care of him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/20/mitch-comer-child-abuse_n_1902134.html

What horrible people!! I hope no one bails them out and I hope they both get long sentences. Let them see how they like being treated like a prisoner and held against their will in a small area with people in control of when and what they eat.

I am so glad he has been rescued. Dallas is about 30 min. from my home. Praying for him.

New details emerge in investigation of emaciated Georgia teen found at Los Angeles bus station

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...2-f2750cd65f97_story.html?tid=pm_national_pop

DALLAS, Ga. — An emaciated teenage Georgia boy told police he was forced to kneel for hours at a time by his stepfather and mother, who now face charges of child cruelty after allegedly confining the teen in a bedroom for years and then sending him by bus to Los Angeles to seek a homeless shelter.

Stepfather Paul Comer and mother Sheila Comer face charges of false imprisonment and cruelty to children, Paulding County jail records show. They were being held without bond.

Arrest warrants filed Sept. 12 and 13 in Georgia say the couple “made Mitch kneel on the floor, bend his head and place his forehead against the wall, and place his hands behind his head for long periods of time.”..............
The boy said he was fed small quantities of food daily, according to a Los Angeles police statement

Retired Los Angeles police Sgt. Joe Gonzalez was working security at a downtown bus station Sept. 11 when he spotted the 87-pound teenage boy who stood just over 5 feet tall and looked much younger, Los Angeles police said in a statement Thursday.............

more at link.....

From the article;

...Renee Rockwell, a lawyer for Sheila Comer, said her client is “standing by her not guilty plea.”

“I’m staying deep in prayer that the judge sees fit to grant her bond,” Rockwell said.

“We’re doing our own independent investigation right now, and Paul is helping with that,” said Paul Comer’s lawyer Scott Smith. “He’s deeply concerned about the seriousness of the charges against him.”

Smith said he couldn’t comment further but that his client is looking forward to his bond hearing Oct. 4....

BBM

Are you :censored: kidding me? HE'S concerned about the seriousness of the charges!!! :banghead:

He's obviously never been concerned about the kids well being, but his is causing him great concern. I hope that his looking forward to the bond hearing is a big mistake. I hope he doesn't get bond, doesn't see the outside of a prison and hates everyday of the rest of his life! :maddening:

From the article;

...Renee Rockwell, a lawyer for Sheila Comer, said her client is “standing by her not guilty plea.”

“I’m staying deep in prayer that the judge sees fit to grant her bond,” Rockwell said.

“We’re doing our own independent investigation right now, and Paul is helping with that,” said Paul Comer’s lawyer Scott Smith. “He’s deeply concerned about the seriousness of the charges against him.”

Smith said he couldn’t comment further but that his client is looking forward to his bond hearing Oct. 4....

BBM

Are you :censored: kidding me? HE'S concerned about the seriousness of the charges!!! :banghead:

He's obviously never been concerned about the kids well being, but his is causing him great concern. I hope that his looking forward to the bond hearing is a big mistake. I hope he doesn't get bond, doesn't see the outside of a prison and hates everyday of the rest of his life! :maddening:

I agree SD. And I hope the inmates are treating him and the misses "right" in jail!!!!:jail:
Did they think that because he is now 18, they couldn't be charged for what they have done...Are they shocked that they are in trouble now????
I'm wondering if the girls were mistreated also...There has to be a special place in he// for these two!:furious:

At 18, he is considered an adult, so they likely thought they couldn't be charged for abandoning him. But what did they think he was going to do? Obviously he has no skills to survive on his own.

Did they think it would not ever be found what they had done to him as a child. They not only are 'S, they must be stupid ones at that! Did they think he would just go to a homeless shelter, never telling his story to anyone, no one ever asking him what had happened to him. I am FURIOUS! What idioxxxxxxs !
BTW, This is my own opinion.

This is just horrible, there is no excuse.. the poor kid! I hope he gets the therapy he needs and I hope they will both be punished accordingly!

From the article;

BBM

Mom's lawyer ,Renee' Rockwell, is a regular on Nancy Grace .
Interesting that the parents have different lawyers.

I'd be interested to know if the girls were enrolled in school . I'm an advocate for homeschooling ,but there are people who abuse the situation. Most home schoolers are involved in social groups . If they aren't that's a red flag to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back