1252 users online (281 members and 971 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

BetteDavisEyes is online now "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Space Shuttle Lands In Los Angeles

Endeavour arrives in Los Angeles. Live coverage on CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/21/us/end...html?hpt=hp_t3

I live in our capital city and it was amazing to watch the fly over! It came from the south and passed to the west of where we were standing, then most of the crowd disbursed. Several of us stayed where we were talking about it and when we looked over to the north, we saw it coming right back at us! It passed right over us - so close! And like little kids we all waved at it going by! LOL!

It's amazing to watch a piece of history happen. It actually brought tears to our eyes.

Rest in retirement, Endeavour! You've earned your place in our history books!

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRose99 View Post
    I live in our capital city and it was amazing to watch the fly over! It came from the south and passed to the west of where we were standing, then most of the crowd disbursed. Several of us stayed where we were talking about it and when we looked over to the north, we saw it coming right back at us! It passed right over us - so close! And like little kids we all waved at it going by! LOL!

It's amazing to watch a piece of history happen. It actually brought tears to our eyes.

Rest in retirement, Endeavour! You've earned your place in our history books!
    My daughter works at NASA Drydon Flight Research Center at Edwards Air Force Base and they had tears in their eye's as well when it landed there on Wednesday. She has photo's on her facebook page of it. It was quite an event for them.
    I lived in Rosamond when they brought the first shuttle Challenger from Palmdale to Edwards and watched from my porch as it slowly made it's way to Edwards and I couldn't believe how huge it was. That was back in the 70's. That road is now called Challenger Way. It truely is amazing to watch a piece of history happen right before your very own eye's.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

I just got a photo on fb, my niece had it go over her hair salon, very cool photo with the jets too.

It flew over my house twice today, once as it circled around to do a second pass over the Golden Gate Bridge, and a second time after it completed the second bridge pass and headed south almost straight into the Sun. It was spectacular!!!

My brother took an amazing picture of it coming in on the back of a 747 under the Holywood sign

RIP McStays