1476 users online (331 members and 1145 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tiger mauls US man who leapt into Bronx Zoo enclosure

September 21, 2012

A 25-year-old man has been mauled by a tiger at the Bronx Zoo in New York City after he jumped from an elevated train into a tiger enclosure.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19683408
    Don't believe EVERYTHING you think.[/CENTER]

I feel worse for the tiger, some strange dude in his exhibit... and I hope the tiger lives. That would be a real shame if they hurt an animal for a person's dumb idea.

He was trying for a Darwin award, but it's only awarded posthumously. Better luck next time, fella. Sheesh!

Lest anyone misunderstand and think me hard-hearted, this post was made tongue-in-cheek.

He may actually have a serious mental problem that would allow him to do something like this.

As fond of felines as I am...and as much as I want to go snuggle up to a tiger or lion and feel their purr, or get a wash by their tongue, I know I'd best stay on *this* side of the fence.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say this man suffers from mental illness, or was high on something. I'm glad he's all right (so far) and didn't lose his leg, and that the zoo officials were right on top of it and used less than lethal means to get the tiger off of the man...but I'm hoping that the zoo does NOT put the tiger down. No reason to do that, I don't think...this was a provocation that any animal would have reacted to.

Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.

Quote Originally Posted by Herding Cats View Post
    I'm hoping that the zoo does NOT put the tiger down. No reason to do that, I don't think...this was a provocation that any animal would have reacted to.
    The director of the Bronx Zoo says a tiger that mauled a man who jumped from a moving monorail train and plummeted over a protective fence won't be euthanized and "did nothing wrong."
    http://news.yahoo.com/ny-zoo-tiger-m...071512461.html

I am not a fan of zoos anyway ... So yes, I'm also glad they didn't hurt the tiger for doing tiger-y things to the intruder.

Contrast this response to the recent story/thread about the bear in the wild that was killed because he attacked a man getting close to him for photos. In both cases, we have a human intruding into the home of a wild animal. One lives, the other killed. I'm still sad for that bear.

I hope the man makes a full recovery, and they are able to learn why he did this, and how to keep it from happening again.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Thank goodness they have no intention of euthanizing the tiger. It was just being a tiger.
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY

All I can say is what an idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by QueenD View Post
    May I add to that "natural selection"?

And agreed on not euthanizing the tiger for being a tiger.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenD View Post
    Took the words out of my mouth.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; The point is to discover them.

Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder

Sentence - LIFE Without Parole

They are not going to euthanize a tiger. It's a wild animal. It is expected that a tiger will attack a human if human gets close to it.
    Just my opinion

He "wanted to become one with the tiger"....half wit...obviously not all there mentally - or, he's looking to be diagnosed as nuts for some reason.

"I bear the chain I forged in life...I made it of my own free will and of my own free will I wore it....your chain was fully as long as this seven Christmas Eve's ago - and you have labored on it since." Jacob Marley

MURDERER'S! You know g**damn well what happened to your kid so stop playing the victim and just confess you lying murdering liars! - Mr. Chris Stotch - South Park

All posts are my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkeyes View Post
    He "wanted to become one with the tiger"....half wit...obviously not all there mentally - or, he's looking to be diagnosed as nuts for some reason.
    I watched a TV program on people who keep exotic pets (including somebody in New York City who kept a grown tiger in his apartment). They usually come to light (or at least show up on TV) when their pets maim or kill them.

I think it is a form of mental illness in which the sick person "over-identifies" with the wild animal.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkeyes View Post
    Well, I suppose getting eaten by a tiger is a way to "become one" with it.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenlady View Post
    Well, I suppose getting eaten by a tiger is a way to "become one" with it.
    Well, you are what you eat - sorry, couldn't help myself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast