Couple married for 70 years have only had one fight

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
The traditional 25th wedding anniversary gift is silver. The 50th is gold. Harold and Ruth Weigard are approaching an anniversary milestone that has no widely known tradition.

The Weigards plan to celebrate their 70th wedding anniversary today.

Their secret?

Said he: "I had a good cook." Said she: "We always got along good. We had our ups and downs, but no major fights."

Harold, 89, and Ruth, 88, married on Jan. 12, 1935. The minister and his wife were in attendance. Ruth wore a brown skirt, jacket and hat. Harold wore a blue suit. The two have been together ever since.

The only time the York County, couple were apart was when Harold fell through a roof in 1974 and was hospitalized for a few days. Arguments have scarcely been a part of the relationship.

"We never really put on our boxing gloves," Ruth said. "We've always been there for each other."

http://pennlive.com/news/patriotnews/index.ssf?/base/news/1105525321326490.xml

Totally impossible, unless one of them is deaf, dumb and blind!

I dunno Poco.. maybe it is possible for 'one couple' among millions?

poco said:
Totally impossible, unless one of them is deaf, dumb and blind!

I think those characteristics would add MORE challenges, not less, to a relationship.

Maybe they came from families where the parents argued a lot. They might have decided that anything was preferable to arguing.

The lady who used to cut my husband's hair had been married for years and claimed that they had never had a fight. Too bad I can't say the same for my marriage/ marriages.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back