1084 users online (251 members and 833 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Possibility?

http://www.nampn.org/cases/beauchamps_denis.html
    Denis Beauchamps
    beauchamps_denis.jpg
    Missing Since: April 18, 1977 from Montreal, Québec
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date Of Birth: 1950
    Height: 5'3"
    Weight: 110 lbs.
    Hair Color: Brown, dyed blond
    Eye Color: Brown
    Race: White
    AKA: Danika Valery
    Case Number: 234-16-770531-026

Details of Disappearance
    Denis Beauchamps was last seen on April 18, 1977 in Montreal. Mr.Beauchamps went to his sister's house after an argument with his boyfriend. He stayed there for a few days, and then left without giving any more news.
    rbbm.

I think we're going to have to contact LE so am going to leave some links I found yesterday. I wonder if they can look at the crime scene photos to see if anything resembles breast implants, they obviously weren't looking for it when they found the skeletal remains. They probably thought he was female due to the clothing. Next question would be were any items found that a trans woman would use to conceal male reproductive organs? Were they able to run any tests that would show he was taking hormones? Not sure what the test is called but there's a case in FL (IIRC) where they know remains found were taking female hormones. I don't have time right now to grab the case info. They had recently done a sketch for her in fall of 2015

Transvestite - a person, typically a man, who derives pleasure from dressing in clothes appropriate to the opposite sex.
    synonyms: drag queen, cross-dresser, female impersonator

He is mentioned in a book Unsolved: True Canadian Cold Cases By Robert J. Hoshowsky; they go into more details about LE thinking the person was hit by a car, I guess thrown 75ft into the woods. When they reopened the case they realized that the clothing never was on the remains

"We hope it looks pretty close to this and that someone comes forward," said Detective-Constable Clarke, who unveiled a drawing to the media of what police believe the victim looked in life: a slender, effeminate-looking young man with dark hair about 4 inches long, wearing red and pink, pointy toed, high heeled shoes, white frilly socks, form fitting blue Brittania jeans (women's size 30/29), and an open-collard, red, short-sleeved blouse.

"It's my belief that he was transgender, possibly in the sex trade down in the Toronto area which … was a bit of a haven, in the 70's for gays," said Clark, who also speculated that the young man may have come to Toronto years ago to live his life as part of the city's large gay, lesbian and transgendered community. "In my opinion, I think he was picked up in the city, taken to [Markham], endeavors occurred and then he was killed and left there," repeated the Detective-Constable, calling the wooded area "a dumping ground."

They are looking at James Henry Greenridge in prison in British Columbia
    Video at link - Chilling portrait of transgendered victim - Chris Doucette, Sun Media - First posted: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 04:44 AM EST | Updated: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 04:47 AM EST
    It was initially thought the man may have been hit by a car, wandered off the road and died in the wooded area.

But the story took an odd turn when women's clothing was found next to the remains -- a red shirt, a pair of woman's jeans, red-high-heeled shoes and white frilly socks.

"To walk off to the side of the road, take of your clothes and die, it just doesn't make sense," Clarke said.

The female clothing and other items found led investigators to believe the man was most likely transgendered.

"We don't have a cause of death," Clarke said. "But it's believed foul play was involved."

Whether the man was left there to die or his body was dumped remains a mystery.

York Regional Police file # 1980-13437

On December 1, 2009, York Regional Police investigators had reason to be hopeful about a new investigative avenue in the case of unidentified skeletal remains found nearly 30 years earlier.

Members of the public were asked to view a new, museum-quality clay bust of the unidentified man. The man's remains were discovered by a Markham resident on the side of the Eleventh Concession, north of Steeles Avenue, on July 16, 1980.

Unfortunately, the bust failed to spark anyone's memory and the man has yet to be identified. Forensic testing found that he was a white male between 25 and 40 years old when he died. He stood at roughly 5'6", weighed between 100 and 120 pounds and had dark, medium-length brown hair.

Along with the remains, police found a variety of women's clothing items, including red high-heeled shoes, white socks, jeans and a powder compact with a mirror. Investigators believe those items were worn by the victim.

Help Solve a Cold Case - Do you have information about this unidentified victim? Do you know anything about him, or the circumstances that led to his death?

If so, please contact the York Regional Police Cold Case Unit at 1-866-876-5423 ext. 7865 or email the investigators directly. Want to remain anonymous? Call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS, leave a tip online at www.1800222tips.com or text a tip by sending TIPYORK and a message to CRIMES (274637).
    Attachment 91575 1084umon.jpg

Thanks for all that info Roselvr, you are very quick and organized!!

Adding this thread as some details may also pertain to this case..

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...=Richard+Hovey
    Canada - Eric Jones, 18, & Richard Hovey, 17, Toronto, Ont, 1967
    Last edited by dotr; 04-06-2016 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    Confusing. Looking at the photo of Denis Beauchamps looks like he was living as a male so I'm not sure if he would fit. I wish they would tell us if he was born male or female. The bio says he had a boyfriend, alias is Danika Valery. I'm assuming that he was born female but identified as male. We would have to contact LE in his case too.
    National Centre for Missing Persons and Unidentified Remains - Denis Beauchamps Case reference: 2014002519
    Mr. Beauchamps was last seen on April 18, 1977 in Montreal. Mr.Beauchamps went to his sister's house after an argument with his boyfriend. He stayed there for a few days, and then left without giving any more news.

Aliases - VALERY, Danika
    Missing since - April 18, 1977
    Year of birth - 1950
    Age at disappearance - 27
    Gender - Transgender
    Bio group - White
    Eye colour - Brown
    Hair - Brown, Dyed blond hair
    Height - 160cm / 5 ft 3 in
    Weight - 50kg / 110lb

Thanks for all that info Roselvr, you are very quick and organized!!

Adding this thread as some details may also pertain to this case..

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...=Richard+Hovey
    Canada - Eric Jones, 18, & Richard Hovey, 17, Toronto, Ont, 1967
    Will try to get back to the other thread, wonder if the people that were identified were gay. I assume they were killed by the same serial killer.
    Yesterday while googling, I thought I found a thread for our guy but when I clicked on it it wasn't here. Not sure what search terms I used to find it lol
    I want to make an album for him on an MP/UP FB page Still Seek Answers and I run so was grabbing info for it. Now I just need the time to do it lol

From this article UID with red shoes is identified as male..

Apr. 10, 2009
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle17940176/

rbbm.

The skeletal remains of an unidentified third young man were found in a wooded area near Markham in 1980. The victim had been dead for up to two years, and his clothes were found nearby. Police believe the case may be connected.

4. In July of 1967, William Howell, 21, was found by a farmer nude and bleeding to death in a field near Barrie. His throat had been slit, and female undergarments were found nearby. The victim said he'd met his attacker near College and Yonge the night before, according to reports.

5. The nude body of 17-year-old Robert Mortimore was found in a field northeast of Markham Village in July of 1967. One year later, James Henry Greenridge, a 30-year-old computer operator, was sentenced to 17 years for manslaughter in connection with Mr. Mortimore's death, and for the attempted murder of Mr. Howell.
    Last edited by dotr; 04-06-2016 at 01:31 PM.

From this article UID with red shoes is identified as male..

Apr. 10, 2009
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle17940176/

rbbm.

It's complicated when dealing with trans people. They are identified as male/ female according to what gender they are born with. The only clues we will get if they were living as the opposite gender is if they are newly deceased, it will be obvious by the opposite genitals, or with a born as male living female, breast implants. Once they are deceased to skeletal you would find breast implants with the remains that will give clues they changed genders but in our case, we do not have note of any being found. If he was cross dressing, you would find women's under garments, a binding to hold male genitals in. There are also tests that can be run to see if Estrogen is found in their bodies.

Here is the case I was telling you about yesterday. When found they assumed the skeletal remains were female due to breast implants. They also thought she had given birth too; after DNA testing they determined she was born male, had estrogen therapy which changed her bones. I have to go back over her case as it's been months

Julie's NamUs

"Julie Doe" - Transgender woman likely murdered in 1988, believed to be cisgender for 27 years

After two unidentified women in Florida were Identified by DNA as missing women previously ruled out as being matches, Florida started re-examining all their unidentified decedent cases with fresh eyes. The new medical examiner immediately thought her skeletal dimensions indicated someone who had a hormonal balance more typical of males during skeletal growth, but once they were sure they had the right body they sent off the DNA. The results came back this month showing that she had an XY genotype, which rules out previous pregnancy.

The changes to her pelvic bones thought to indicate childbirth were likely the result of years of estrogen therapy. Her 250cc silicone breast implants, according to an expert in 1988, had been discontinued five years before her death. This means she likely had her upper body reassignment no later than 1984, since surgeons in the United States rarely implant medical devices more than a year after they are manufactured. Her rhinoplasty may have been done as a part of her transition and/or to treat the cosmetic results of prior facial trauma.
    transgender-man-cold-case-jpg-20151115.jpg

This 1988 sketch is the only face we have for "Julie Doe" until a new reconstruction is released. Do you know her? (Image courtesy of the Orlando Sentinel)

New Sketch of "Julie Doe", Transgender Woman Still Unidentified After 27 Years - By Maracat - Saturday Nov 21, 2015 · 8:05 PM EST

She was between the ages of 22 and 35 according to her profile on the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System, or NamUs, and was about 5'10 with naturally brown hair. Her upper body reassignment surgery was likely done no later than 1984, because her 250cc silicone breast implants had been discontinued for five years at the time of her death, and was most likely performed in either Miami, Atlanta, New Orleans, New York City, or California. She also had a rhinoplasty, and had likely been on hormonal therapy for several years before her death.
    12270407_10153274672088030_1257303000_n.jpg
    This transgender woman was believed to have given birth before recent DNA testing proved that was impossible. Image courtesy of the Orlando Sentinel

This is kind if o/t, but I saw on a Forensic Files one time how one person's DNA originally didn't match, but come to find out its because they were chimera, had 2 sets of dna.

Quote Originally Posted by margarita25 View Post
    This is kind if o/t, but I saw on a Forensic Files one time how one person's DNA originally didn't match, but come to find out its because they were chimera, had 2 sets of dna.
    Thanks, that is always in the back of my mind, especially with Racine Jane Doe and Aundria Bowman. I was shocked she wasn't a match.

Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
    Thanks, that is always in the back of my mind, especially with Racine Jane Doe and Aundria Bowman. I was shocked she wasn't a match.
    You're welcome. (I can't remember, though, if this was in regards to a UID or the perp. I think it might have been the perp's dna...)

This post lands at random.

These various cases are all interesting and important, and deserve their own dedicated threads here at WS, but carbuff opened this thread to discuss:

Related: if a transgendered person is missing, do they get listed under their sex at birth, or the sex they lived as?

Pointers to detailed discussion would be most welcome.

This is the correct thread for the transgendered UID, incorrectly, (sorry!) discussed on this thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...endered-Jul-80
    Canada - Markham ON, WhtMale 1084UMON, 20-40, Likely Transgendered, Jul'80

Quote Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post

These various cases are all interesting and important, and deserve their own dedicated threads here at WS, but carbuff opened this thread to discuss:
    Related: if a transgendered person is missing, do they get listed under their sex at birth, or the sex they lived as?

Pointers to detailed discussion would be most welcome.
    We have been discussing that. We've been trying to work on the man in red heels, figuring out if he was trans or cross dressed.
    I brought Julie Doe here to show Dot how they knew she was transgender.

I came across this guy and thought the same thing, there should be a section dedicated to transgender and or cross dressing men. Especially if they show up unidentified. thank you carbuff for this thread..
    This John doe seemed like a crossdresser since he was found with a bra and sponge falsies

http://coroner.smcgov.org/john-doe-83-26-case-83-1063

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/773umca.html

The victim was discovered on November 26, 1983 in San Mateo County, California
    •estimated Date of death: November 25, 1983

Vital Statistics

•Estimated age: 19 - 25 years old
    •Approximate Height and Weight: 5'10-5'11"; 140 lbs.
    •Distinguishing Characteristics: Short, brown hair; hazel eyes. No marks nor tattoos.
    •Dentals: Available
    •Clothing: Female clothing. Light yellow, knee-length "clam diggers". Light yellow jacket. Multicolored turtleneck T-shirt. Black, nylon net stockings. Brown pantyhose. Blue, bikini-style underpants (size small) "North Beach". Beige lace underpants. Beige bra and sponge "falsies".
    •Jewelry: White metal necklace with crucifix pendant. Two white metal rings.
    •Fingerprints: Available
    •DNA: Available

The victim was located on November 26, 1983, at approximately 08.33 , on Lower Pillar Point / Ocean Beach in Half Moon Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post

Quote Originally Posted by madamx View Post
    I came across this guy and thought the same thing, there should be a section dedicated to transgender and or cross dressing men. Especially if they show up unidentified. thank you carbuff for this thread..
    This John doe seemed like a crossdresser since he was found with a bra and sponge falsies

http://coroner.smcgov.org/john-doe-83-26-case-83-1063

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/773umca.html

The victim was discovered on November 26, 1983 in San Mateo County, California
    •estimated Date of death: November 25, 1983

Vital Statistics

•Estimated age: 19 - 25 years old
    •Approximate Height and Weight: 5'10-5'11"; 140 lbs.
    •Distinguishing Characteristics: Short, brown hair; hazel eyes. No marks nor tattoos.
    •Dentals: Available
    •Clothing: Female clothing. Light yellow, knee-length "clam diggers". Light yellow jacket. Multicolored turtleneck T-shirt. Black, nylon net stockings. Brown pantyhose. Blue, bikini-style underpants (size small) "North Beach". Beige lace underpants. Beige bra and sponge "falsies".
    •Jewelry: White metal necklace with crucifix pendant. Two white metal rings.
    •Fingerprints: Available
    •DNA: Available

The victim was located on November 26, 1983, at approximately 08.33 , on Lower Pillar Point / Ocean Beach in Half Moon Bay.
    Just about to start a thread for this UID, and lo and behold, there already is one!
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...%2C+California

CA - San Mateo County - WhtMale 773UMCA, 19-25, Female Clothing, Nov'83

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast