1074 users online (239 members and 835 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Quebec fatal fire suspect to face U.S. charges before extradition

A man wanted in connection with three deaths in northwestern Quebec will not be returning to Canada until a separate set of charges is settled against him in the United States.

Justin Bresaw, the subject of a Canada-wide arrest warrant and an Interpol alert, was arrested Sunday by police in Tallahassee, Fl., during what police said was a wild incident where he is alleged to have evaded capture and assaulted a police officer.

A state attorney in Florida said Tuesday that he was aware an extradition request had been made and said authorities were working to expedite the U.S. criminal case.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...tradition.html
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Mugshot

Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

I'm in the haystack looking for that needle

U.S. News

Quote Originally Posted by gm8549 View Post
    Yes,I am American. Used the translate feature for the articles. Got the gist. Can't imagine c7p an entire Facebook page for translation....plus it is constantly changing.

It still seems strange that the coverage is all in French. Since they mentioned he was spotted in NY,more coverage is needed.
    Yes, doesn't it seem to you that this suspect should have had some American media coverage? Think of the capacity he had to harm people throughout the country in the U.S., and I bet most Americans hadn't been aware of him at all. Since the last place he was seen was in NY and he had family throughout the U.S., including New Hampshire and Georgia, you'd have thought he'd get at least some U.S. national media coverage.

I'm in the haystack looking for that needle

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wondering? View Post
    Thank you for the link. I was hoping he'd be found before he did something like this all over again.

From August 2017, translated by Google:

http://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/...-justin-bresaw

The Court of Appeal orders a new trial for Justin Bresaw. There are two reasons to quash the guilty verdicts of the Honorable Justice Richard Grenier of the Superior Court.

Chief Justice of the Court of Appeal Nicole Duval Hesler first notes that the trial judge did not caution the jury against part of the testimony of an expert who went beyond the scope of his psychiatric expertise...

In November 2015, Justin Bresaw was found guilty of all three charges against him.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7