1318 users online (218 members and 1100 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

VA - Newborn girl found alive in woods

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_n...alive-in-woods

The girl, who doctors said was between 3 days and a week old, was found wrapped in a towel. Medics checked her at the scene before taking her to a local hospital.

Thank goodness she was found.

I wonder if she was left in an area where she was likely to be found? Or where they thought she'd never be found? Does Virginia have a safe haven law?
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

It doesn't seem to me that woods would be an area where one expects baby to be easily found.
    Just my opinion

This story is wonderful! It brightens my day...needed that. (I know, a different perspective)

I can't read the links yet...

But sounds like it's a brand new opportunity for this tiny new soul! And whomever gets to take her in...

there`s no excuse for this IMO

I don`t care what the circumstances are - put the baby up for adoption and give them proper care until then

otherwise it`s attempted murder IMO

the only exception I guess would be if the mother was forced to leave the baby there

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    It doesn't seem to me that woods would be an area where one expects baby to be easily found.
    It might, if it was next to a busy walking trail. We walk regularly around a pond in the woods where you can't go five minutes without seeing a person or a dog, usually both. If somebody abandoned a child there, they'd intend for it to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    I wonder if she was left in an area where she was likely to be found? Or where they thought she'd never be found? Does Virginia have a safe haven law?
    I think all 50 states have safe haven laws. Thank goodness the baby was found.

ETA: Per safehaven.org, in Virginia you can leave an infant up to 14 days old with hospital personnel or emergency personnel (an EMT, police officer, or firefighter, I guess?).
    Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by steff13 View Post
    I think all 50 states have safe haven laws. Thank goodness the baby was found.

ETA: Per safehaven.org, in Virginia you can leave an infant up to 14 days old with hospital personnel or emergency personnel (an EMT, police officer, or firefighter, I guess?).
    Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Thank you. That makes it rather unlikely there's a good excuse...

So glad the infant was found. I bet that it was in a higher traffic area since the baby was found. truly sad someone would do this

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

This is the approx area of where the baby was left. My guess a teen left it.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=middl...208.78,,0,4.71

It makes me so mad that someone would just leave a newborn in the woods to die, I mean it's not like the woods are just crawling with people. But at the same time I'm thrilled that baby was found and that someone out there is about to get the baby they have longed for. That makes my heart smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Lera213 View Post
    This is the approx area of where the baby was left. My guess a teen left it.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=middl...208.78,,0,4.71
    Ya, the first link posted here must have been updated because they have identified the mother as an 18 year old (with her name). I truly believe these females should be jailed and have it very public. Hopefully it will reach one girl who was thinking of doing the same and make her drop the baby off at a Safe Haven location.

IN this day and age everyone should know they can leave a baby in a safe haven or put it up for adoption. Even if this was a very young teen mother trying to hide her pregnancy she could have done this. If she was able to leave the baby in the woods she could have made her way to a safe haven. There is no excuse.

So sad, Safe Haven laws were meant to stop this from happening. Unfortunately, the people for whom this law was meant are soulless and selfish and continue to do this anyway.

There is absolutely no excuse that is acceptable for this.
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast